league cup - Page 36 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I've removed most of the quote as it's huge and I don't want to clog up the board however 2 points and then I'll back out of this thread.

1. Anyone who continues to use the term "Sevco" like it's some sort of badge of honour loses any credibility and comes across as a petty, immature child.

2. And of course a Celtic blogger will be coming from a stance of complete neutrality when it comes to all things Rangers!

1.l Disagree, its part of football banter. Its not anyone's fault if rangers fans get their pants in a twist about it.....................I wonder why that is!!

2. agreed but the same goes for your side. Both side are obsessed with each other and can't live without the other. Just because someone isn't neutral, doesn't mean they cannot be right

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

1.l Disagree, its part of football banter. Its not anyone's fault if rangers fans get their pants in a twist about it.....................I wonder why that is!!

2. agreed but the same goes for your side. Both side are obsessed with each other and can't live without the other. Just because someone isn't neutral, doesn't mean they cannot be right

Banter is all well and good but when you have people who flatly refuse to use any other name as if they are on some sort of crusade then it makes them look a bit silly.  Banter like all good comedy is all about timing.  These people still rolling out the "Sevco" line are like the aresehole mate every one has who still greets you by going "Waaasssssuuup" like those bloody Budweiser frogs!! 

Agree wholeheartedly with your second point which is why I'd never put up a similar quote from a Rangers blogger (wouldn't know where to find one tbh) and try to pass it off as almost an expert opinion. 

Edited by Fairbairn

Just now, Fairbairn said:

Banter is all well and good but when you have people who flatly refuse to use any other name as if they are on some sort of crusade then it makes them look a bit silly.  Agree wholeheartedly with your second point which is why I'd never put up a similar quote from a Rangers blogger (wouldn't know where to find one tbh) and try to pass it off as almost an expert opinion. 

Fair enough FB but I think it could be Scotty's way at winding up Rangers fans which is fair play in my book considering what he takes from others on here. 

Just now, vanderark14 said:

Fair enough FB but I think it could be Scotty's way at winding up Rangers fans which is fair play in my book considering what he takes from others on here. 

I think it's more than that and Scotty has said as much himself however this is a thread for slagging off Aberdeen fans so I'll let everyone get back to that! :wink2:

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Banter is all well and good but when you have people who flatly refuse to use any other name as if they are on some sort of crusade then it makes them look a bit silly.  Banter like all good comedy is all about timing.  These people still rolling out the "Sevco" line are like the aresehole mate every one has who still greets you by going "Waaasssssuuup" like those bloody Budweiser frogs!! 

Agree wholeheartedly with your second point which is why I'd never put up a similar quote from a Rangers blogger (wouldn't know where to find one tbh) and try to pass it off as almost an expert opinion. 

I have just read the rest of Scotty's post and its hard to argue with it. I don't care if the guy is a celtic blogger, he's right about corruption in Scottish football and whether you like to admit it or not, almost every decision in Scottish football is made with the OF at the forefront

36 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Firstly, its embarrassing that we're only taking circa 10k to a semi.  This is not a protest.  We aren't that organised.  

That said, it can't be ignored there's a ground swell of apathy towards Scottish Football growing in the North East.  Perhaps unsurprising given the events of this season to date and the levels of deceit, lies and "incompetence" from our "authorities" so far.  I say that knowing that one previously appointed judiciary panel member has already removed themselves from being considered again in the future.  This decision came as a result of behavior witnessed in one of the previous panels.  

I think AFC, as a club, failed to act upon the earlier season "incompetence" dished up by the SFA and the Judiciary panel. (I have already gone into this in detail and why the decisions taken by the SFA were quite simply wrong).  AFC did not do enough at the time to further contest these decisions and there's been quite a bit of unrest among the fans since which has probably resulted in this growing apathy.  "What's the point" etc. 

Separately, I do think a lot of fans are put off because this is Rangers.  Although, and contrary to what some on here have already said, it's less so because of what happens on the pitch.  The club has tried to act in the interests of its supporters and probably felt compelled to do so as a result of the current unrest and its lack of earlier action.  I'm not sure what else the club could have done?

I've thoroughly enjoyed Scottish football for many years - even when the Dons were far more p1sh than they are now.  I don't support an English or foreign team.  I hate the CL because of what it does to football. I will genuinely watch any Scottish game over an EPL or CL game.  I will quite often go to reserve matches if work is quiet enough.  However, for the first time i can remember, I'm beginning to lose interest in our game.  I think I'm being affected by this same apathy.  Notwithstanding, I'm going to this game rather than just sulking about it - more Dons fans need to so the same.

Cracking post.

38 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Firstly, its embarrassing that we're only taking circa 10k to a semi.  This is not a protest.  We aren't that organised.  

That said, it can't be ignored there's a ground swell of apathy towards Scottish Football growing in the North East.  Perhaps unsurprising given the events of this season to date and the levels of deceit, lies and "incompetence" from our "authorities" so far.  I say that knowing that one previously appointed judiciary panel member has already removed themselves from being considered again in the future.  This decision came as a result of behavior witnessed in one of the previous panels.  

I think AFC, as a club, failed to act upon the earlier season "incompetence" dished up by the SFA and the Judiciary panel. (I have already gone into this in detail and why the decisions taken by the SFA were quite simply wrong).  AFC did not do enough at the time to further contest these decisions and there's been quite a bit of unrest among the fans since which has probably resulted in this growing apathy.  "What's the point" etc. 

Separately, I do think a lot of fans are put off because this is Rangers.  Although, and contrary to what some on here have already said, it's less so because of what happens on the pitch.  The club has tried to act in the interests of its supporters and probably felt compelled to do so as a result of the current unrest and its lack of earlier action.  I'm not sure what else the club could have done?

I've thoroughly enjoyed Scottish football for many years - even when the Dons were far more p1sh than they are now.  I don't support an English or foreign team.  I hate the CL because of what it does to football. I will genuinely watch any Scottish game over an EPL or CL game.  I will quite often go to reserve matches if work is quiet enough.  However, for the first time i can remember, I'm beginning to lose interest in our game.  I think I'm being affected by this same apathy.  Notwithstanding, I'm going to this game rather than just sulking about it - more Dons fans need to so the same.

cracking post but I am one of the few who are fed up seeing Mcinness poop his pants when we play the OF but I agree with the rest. I've gone back and fore on whether to go to this match but I keep thinking it will be a wasted journey for me. 14 hours in the car in one day doesn't sound appealing considering MCinnes record against the OF recently

30 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

cracking post but I am one of the few who are fed up seeing Mcinness poop his pants when we play the OF but I agree with the rest. I've gone back and fore on whether to go to this match but I keep thinking it will be a wasted journey for me. 14 hours in the car in one day doesn't sound appealing considering MCinnes record against the OF recently

I can completely get the lack of attraction in the journey and hassle these games entail. I have similar feelings about Scotland games and I dont actually have that far to go. 

I didn't realise that Aberdeen fans were so fed up with McInnes though. Didn't you lot end Celtic's 5,000,000 game unbeaten run last season? 

And with Scotty's confidence in betting on the Rangers v Aberdeen league record with me this season, I had (mistakenly it seems) assumed a level of confidence amongst you for the games against Rangers. 

Genuinely surprised if the Dons fans are staying away due to this. 

11 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I can completely get the lack of attraction in the journey and hassle these games entail. I have similar feelings about Scotland games and I dont actually have that far to go. 

I didn't realise that Aberdeen fans were so fed up with McInnes though. Didn't you lot end Celtic's 5,000,000 game unbeaten run last season? 

And with Scotty's confidence in betting on the Rangers v Aberdeen league record with me this season, I had (mistakenly it seems) assumed a level of confidence amongst you for the games against Rangers. 

Genuinely surprised if the Dons fans are staying away due to this. 

More and more fans are losing faith in his tactical nous, I’ve been saying it for a couple of years and people called me a spoilt idiot, but they can now see where I’m coming from. We seem to be going backwards where rangers, hearts, Hibs & Killie are going forwards. 

His dealings in the transfer market have been shoddy at best with only passmarks for a handful of players. 

Everyone and their dog can see Considine is on the decline and has never been a left back, so he went out and got one on loan, then doesn’t always play him. 

Outwith Rooney, his strikers have been horrendous throughout the 5 years or so we’ve had him. 

I hate criticising my team, but there’s a time when the blinkers have to come off and see it for what it is. 

1 hour ago, SMcoolJ said:

My final thoughts on this.....

I think you'll find that 'individually,' it most probably is - That's the way I read it anyway

In terms of the club: At the point they found out (When asking for a 50% split, which was absolutely fine) that Rangers had already been given the lions share, and we had been lied to with regards to the NS tickets, they should have canvassed opinion. There would have been no need to press ahead with the 50% request then

I doubt it's 'sulking' either - People are simply reevaluating what they will and will not spend their money on given the (Previous / Current)  circumstances you refer

Otherwise a very good post 

2 tickets needed dons side with a view , wont sell me  if no previous account held , aye sales are slow right enough .

sell to people that want to go .  blaming it on rangers fans will try and get tickets among dons seating . aye right ,fuck all to do with subscriptions eh ?

3 hours ago, The White Ceelo said:

Correct, and it wouldn't matter what seat you got. Away games get shit seats, doesn't matter cos its all about being there. Imagine if Aberdeen win 5 or 6 nil and only 10000 can say they were there

There isn’t a home or an away game for anyone though. At least, there shouldn’t be.

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

1. Anyone who continues to use the term "Sevco" like it's some sort of badge of honour loses any credibility and comes across as a petty, immature child.

2. And of course a Celtic blogger will be coming from a stance of complete neutrality when it comes to all things Rangers!

1. Oldco is being liquidated. I refuse to go along with the continuation lie. It would be like trying to get me to believe that 2+2=5. Sevco is 'Going For One.'

2. His points are valid regardless of who he supports.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If they did as Scotty has said and given Aberdeen from the North and worked their way round, there would be just as many Aberdeen fans moaning about not having any of the South Stand.

Not true.

If we didn't sell round to the South then it'd be on us.

All excuses would have been removed.

It would be fair.

(As it stands we have a list of grievances.)

An excuse when you know you are going to more than likely lose..

I believe that we have the better team, though.

At least Dunny is being honest about it.

He's only giving his opinion and his experience with 30 of his friends.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As I've said previously, I couldn't for the life of me think for one minute not going to a National Cup Semi Final...

McInnes has taken us to a bunch of semis.

34 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

1. Oldco is being liquidated. I refuse to go along with the continuation lie. It would be like trying to get me to believe that 2+2=5. Sevco is 'Going For One.'

2. His points are valid regardless of who he supports.

Its football scotty. U and every one on here does not follow a business. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

he's one of the most genuine fans you can find. he's Travelled all over the globe to seee aberdeen and scotland

perhaps you should look at yourself before giving others stick, especially after the pish you posted about how hard it is for you working offshore. you were made to look pretty stupid

I haven't made this public previously, but which Dandy was the first fan to shake Lewis Ferguson's hand and congratulate him after his overhead goal in Burnley?

Hint: He flew to the game (without a ticket) from another continent and still managed to be in attendance.

18 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Its football scotty. U and every one on here does not follow a business. 

I follow truth.

I won't be bullied into accepting something that isn't true. 

(What would be the point?)

I would absolutely hate it if the 'powers' tilted the scales in our favour (but the Sevconians expect it).

I only want to win fair and square.

I'd hate to have an * beside anything (everything) we won.

18 hours ago, Mox said:

Lets not try and paint Aberdeen fans as some sort of martyr's here who are willing to take a bullet for nine other teams that haven't asked them to. Aberdeen fans have never stood up for anything they've ever believed in or protested anything for that matter.

The truth of the matter is, their team is murder, they're horrible to watch and unfortunately, they know, as we all do, that there is not a chance in hell that they will defeat Rangers in Hampden. The team and the manager simply do not have the mentality or nous to beat Rangers in a game of this magnitude and as such their fans are not buying tickets.

Yes its been a balls up from the word go but this narrative that there is some sort of protest on the go is utter horse shit.

This Aberdeen team ALWAYS shite it against Rangers 

18 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I follow truth.

I won't be bullied into accepting something that isn't true. 

(What would be the point?)

I would absolutely hate it if the 'powers' tilted the scales in our favour (but the Sevconians expect it).

I only want to win fair and square.

I'd hate to have an * beside anything (everything) we won.

you don't need to be bullied, but not believing the truth is something you do well.  Therefore it doesn't surprise me that you believe this.