league cup - Page 35 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lets not try and paint Aberdeen fans as some sort of martyr's here who are willing to take a bullet for nine other teams that haven't asked them to. Aberdeen fans have never stood up for anything they've ever believed in or protested anything for that matter.

The truth of the matter is, their team is murder, they're horrible to watch and unfortunately, they know, as we all do, that there is not a chance in hell that they will defeat Rangers in Hampden. The team and the manager simply do not have the mentality or nous to beat Rangers in a game of this magnitude and as such their fans are not buying tickets.

Yes its been a balls up from the word go but this narrative that there is some sort of protest on the go is utter horse shit.

Aberdeen couldn’t even turn up against Motherwell in Glasgow.

:lol:

As others have said Aberdeen are no martyrs, this is the same Aberdeen that stepped in to scupper the opportunity to remove the 10-2 voting structure, which is effectively an old firm veto on any changes.

The whole thing has been a mess from start to finish, but Aberdeen are fast losing any moral high ground they held.

Do you ever read a piece in the mainstream media and say to yourself, “Surely I can’t have just read that correctly?”

Perhaps you re-read it, and no matter how often or how differently you try, you realise that your initial is always the correct one.

And you think, “Wow, stone me … ”

I read one like that just the other day.

It was in the Daily Record.

It was about semi final tickets at Hampden, which of course is the Aberdeen v Sevco match.

In the piece it explains how Aberdeen were instructed by the SPFL to sell specific tickets to their fans first, block by block, so that if there was a surplus they could go to the Ibrox club. These blocks were the restricted view seats, the worst, and cheapest tickets, in the ground.

Digest that for a moment.

Think about what they were being expected to do.

The administrators, those who run our game, instructed one club to sell their fans poorer seats in order to facilitate the possibility that another club could gain an advantage. In fact it has even been suggested that Aberdeen could be disciplined for this.

Disciplined for not allowing another club a sporting advantage against them and not doing over their own customers.

There is a word for that; indeed, it has been used on the very steps of Hampden itself.

It was spoken by Turnbull Hutton; “Corrupt,” he said.

Now it is being spun that it’s about having a capacity Hampden, if Aberdeen under sell their allocation then these other seats cannot be sold and…blah…blah…blah.

This is about the corrupt relationship between our football bosses and Ibrox. No more. No Less.

See this is what happens when these corrupt relationships are allowed to grow and are not challenged. They become the accepted norm and when they are admitted, and they have admitted it here, those involved don’t see it as a problem, but others do.

Reflect on it.

The organisation charged with running our game is considering disciplining a football club who sold the best seats available to their fans.

The SPFL have admitted that this is what is going on.

And their friends in the media are spinning the party line for them.

Would any other club other than the one at Ibrox get this sort of relationship?

No chance.

The most amazing thing of it is, something similar has happened at Murrayfield; Hearts have sold the block next to the Celtic support first so that any leftover tickets can’t be offered to our club without it creating a major headache for the police. Our fans will sell out their allocation, but we’re probably not looking at getting any more tickets from the authorities. Nobody has cracked a light about this. Nobody at the SPFL or in the media cares.

Murrayfield has a larger capacity than Hampden, and there are no restricted view seats.

If the Aberdeen-Sevco game had been sent there none of these problems would exist, but of course that’s not the way the authorities wanted it.

This ongoing corruption between Ibrox and the SPFL is beginning to show more and more.

People can see it.

Nobody seems to want to do anything about it.

Aberdeen wanted a summit meeting … this makes it more important than ever.

But can we really trust Stewart Milne to do what’s right, even with this hanging over his club.

Corruption will always out, but when it does and people see it they are supposed to stand up to it it so that it takes no further root.

When the Hell does this country, does this sport, start taking that seriously?

Dave Campbell is a Celtic blogger from Glasgow who can see just how corrupt the game here has become.

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

And none in South then? CORRECT (Unless we sold that far.) You can't have a block of  Rangers fans in no mans land with Aberdeen fans either side, that's bonkers and impossible to police. (No one is suggesting that.)

If you are suggesting that then you'll lost it even more than I thought. (I never came close to suggesting that.)

Once again...

8 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

What I'm suggesting is that Aberdeen should have been given half of the North Stand and worked around toward the East Stand block by block.

Not giving us any of the North Stand for the first time has been a disaster for us.

Every single team playing in a Cup Semi or Final at Hampden should be given a realistic timeframe to sell tickets to their fans starting at the halfway line of the North Stand and working round (block by block) until the demand runs out (leaving enough time for the remaining tickets to be distributed to the opposition fans if necessary).

Every club should have the right to see a TV presence from their fans in the North Stand.

The North Stand should appear to be as 50/50 as possible.

Even at ParkRed... The ICT fans should have had their own sections in the North Stand and Aberdeen should have got the rest of the stadium.

The solution is simple.

Trying to give Sevco the advantage has caused all the problems.

If having the best view of the pitch is so important, I presume Aberdeen sold out the South lower and upper before anyone chose to buy the “cheap seats”.

When we’ve gone to Hampden, we’ve usually got the dilemma of paying a few quid extra for the south stand view or getting amongst the atmosphere in the east/west (depending who we play). 

I don’t really get the problem?

Aberdeen have more tickets than they need as it is.

I do agree that having Rangers the full North Stand from the beginning was a bit cheeky, but segregation etc. make it a necessity to give Rangers more somewhere if it’s not a 50/50 split, and there’s not the demand from the dons support to merit a 50/50 split.

First and foremost, wee toon red, no idea why I’ve quoted you. 

More importantly, Aberdeen FC quite rightly stuck up for their fans and demanded equality throughout. 

Aberdeen FC fans have responded in their numbers of circa 9,000, that in itself says it all. 

We were never going to sell 20,000 for a league cup semi final, Scottish Cup May be a different matter. 

But, as usual, the people of Aberdeen have shat it and made up every fucking excuse in the book not to go. 

Its a 16:30 ko, 30 minutes later than we took 40k+ down to parkhead on a Sunday. 

The fans are generally shitting it and have absolutely no confidence in the team. 

When we play Celtic or hearts in the final, hopefully everyone that went to the semi gets priority and everyone else can go fuck themselves. 

Our fans are the biggest bunch of greeting faced cunts outside of the Neil Lennon Celtic era, never fucking happy. 

Personally, I think they can go fuck themselves, they had the chance to prove a point, but didnt bother. 

I cant wait to see Facebook the day of the game, I would imagine I’ll be blocked from a lot of friends and afc pages. 

Ps

od there’s any spelling mistakes, I’m in Bedford for my brothers wedding and have been drinking since 111am. 

Stamd fucking free

Edited by dandydunn

9 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Dave Campbell is a Celtic blogger from Glasgow who can see just how corrupt the game here has become.

I've removed most of the quote as it's huge and I don't want to clog up the board however 2 points and then I'll back out of this thread.

1. Anyone who continues to use the term "Sevco" like it's some sort of badge of honour loses any credibility and comes across as a petty, immature child.

2. And of course a Celtic blogger will be coming from a stance of complete neutrality when it comes to all things Rangers!

There is no martyrdom at play here, people are genuinely fed up - It really is that simple

As for the SPFL's latest attempt to favour one side being described on here as a 'bit cheeky,'  that's bizarre in itself

They lied - Not for the first time either, and got caught once too often for many

If folk want to slate AFC & the support that's their prerogative - I just don't see how else fans in general can make their feelings known, other than by withdrawing their financial support

It's been coming for some time 

15 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Mixture of both really.

The club at least tried to get as big an allocation as they could, whilst knowing they would never sell out 50% but the support more so for some of the excuses I've read for not going.

I can't imagine just saying I'm not going to a Semi Final as I'd rather sit in another stand for example. The same folk will be falling over themselves for tickets if you get there and it's against Hearts.

Correct, and it wouldn't matter what seat you got. Away games get shit seats, doesn't matter cos its all about being there. Imagine if Aberdeen win 5 or 6 nil and only 10000 can say they were there

40 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I've removed most of the quote as it's huge and I don't want to clog up the board however 2 points and then I'll back out of this thread.

1. Anyone who continues to use the term "Sevco" like it's some sort of badge of honour loses any credibility and comes across as a petty, immature child.

2. And of course a Celtic blogger will be coming from a stance of complete neutrality when it comes to all things Rangers!

I'm beginning to doubt he is a genuine Aberdeen fan as he has quoted John James and now some random Celtic blogger as though they are an authority on all things Scottish fitba. Maybe he's another PGB alter ego.

8 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Correct, and it wouldn't matter what seat you got. Away games get shit seats, doesn't matter cos its all about being there. Imagine if Aberdeen win 5 or 6 nil and only 10000 can say they were there

I agree to an extent however, this really is not about 'where' the seats are for me

We've only sold 9100 & odds - I'm aware of several who were (Yesterday) asked to 'budge up' to let more Rangers fans in that just asked for their money back

I can't see us selling many more (Although I could be completely wrong and the clear & obvious unfairness surrounding the whole farce galvanises our support), in fact there's a risk we'll end up taking less than 9000

8 hours ago, dandydunn said:

First and foremost, wee toon red, no idea why I’ve quoted you. 

More importantly, Aberdeen FC quite rightly stuck up for their fans and demanded equality throughout. 

Aberdeen FC fans have responded in their numbers of circa 9,000, that in itself says it all. 

We were never going to sell 20,000 for a league cup semi final, Scottish Cup May be a different matter. 

But, as usual, the people of Aberdeen have shat it and made up every fucking excuse in the book not to go. 

Its a 16:30 ko, 30 minutes later than we took 40k+ down to parkhead on a Sunday. 

The fans are generally shitting it and have absolutely no confidence in the team. 

When we play Celtic or hearts in the final, hopefully everyone that went to the semi gets priority and everyone else can go fuck themselves. 

Our fans are the biggest bunch of greeting faced cunts outside of the Neil Lennon Celtic era, never fucking happy. 

Personally, I think they can go fuck themselves, they had the chance to prove a point, but didnt bother. 

I cant wait to see Facebook the day of the game, I would imagine I’ll be blocked from a lot of friends and afc pages. 

Ps

od there’s any spelling mistakes, I’m in Bedford for my brothers wedding and have been drinking since 111am. 

Stamd fucking free

Excellent post.

8 minutes ago, Redz said:

I agree to an extent however, this really is not about 'where' the seats are for me

We've only sold 9100 & odds - I'm aware of several who were (Yesterday) asked to 'budge up' to let more Rangers fans in that just asked for their money back

I can't see us selling many more (Although I could be completely wrong and the clear & obvious unfairness surrounding the whole farce galvanises our support), in fact there's a risk we'll end up taking less than 9000

Every time I've been at Hampden for a Killie game, we've had the exact same ticket distribution as Aberdeen has. In fact, anytime anyone has played a team that are likely to sell out and the other weren't, the tickets have been distrusted int he same way.

If they did as Scotty has said and given Aberdeen from the North and worked their way round, there would be just as many Aberdeen fans moaning about not having any of the South Stand. Can't have it both ways unless Aberdeen fans genuinely think there should be 10k empty seats?

Not having any of the North Stand is a shite excuse and that's all it is. An excuse when you know you are going to more than likely lose.

At least Dunny is being honest about it.

As I've said previously, I couldn't for the life of me think for one minute not going to a National Cup Semi Final but each to their own I suppose.

14 minutes ago, Redz said:

What would have been better for you? Visually Having half of the North stand full of AFC and Rangers getting the whole of the south stand working around the east stand, not forgetting most of the TV coverage is from the South stand and all you really would hear on TV is the Rangers fans singing fruity songs.? 

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Every time I've been at Hampden for a Killie game, we've had the exact same ticket distribution as Aberdeen has. In fact, anytime anyone has played a team that are likely to sell out and the other weren't, the tickets have been distrusted int he same way.

If they did as Scotty has said and given Aberdeen from the North and worked their way round, there would be just as many Aberdeen fans moaning about not having any of the South Stand. Can't have it both ways unless Aberdeen fans genuinely think there should be 10k empty seats?

Not having any of the North Stand is a shite excuse and that's all it is. An excuse when you know you are going to more than likely lose.

At least Dunny is being honest about it.

As I've said previously, I couldn't for the life of me think for one minute not going to a National Cup Semi Final but each to their own I suppose.

I've already said that for me it's nothing to do with the seating arrangements (Albeit it has obviously aggravated Scotty)

DD is entitled to his opinion as are you

You won't hear me criticise  you for choosing to attend a game of football or not

If there is a time to make your feelings know it's in a high profile match

7 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

What would have been better for you? Visually Having half of the North stand full of AFC and Rangers getting the whole of the south stand working around the east stand, not forgetting most of the TV coverage is from the South stand and all you really would hear on TV is the Rangers fans singing fruity songs.? 

See above

My views on why this has happened now are well documented throughout, are due to corruption, and not where the seats are

If folk are happy (Not directed at yourself) to give their money to people who openly try to deceive, that's up to them

1 hour ago, Redz said:

There is no martyrdom at play here, people are genuinely fed up - It really is that simple

As for the SPFL's latest attempt to favour one side being described on here as a 'bit cheeky,'  that's bizarre in itself

They lied - Not for the first time either, and got caught once too often for many

If folk want to slate AFC & the support that's their prerogative - I just don't see how else fans in general can make their feelings known, other than by withdrawing their financial support

It's been coming for some time 

They could make their feelings known before, during and after the game with demos, displays, banners, a sit-in etc but since none of them are actually going then, other than folks on various forums, no-one will have a clue about any "protest".

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but the best way to make a point to whoever it is their apparently aiming at would be to turn up in numbers, win the game and go on and do the same in the final. But since we'll probably lose it's easier to stay at home...

Firstly, its embarrassing that we're only taking circa 10k to a semi.  This is not a protest.  We aren't that organised.  

That said, it can't be ignored there's a ground swell of apathy towards Scottish Football growing in the North East.  Perhaps unsurprising given the events of this season to date and the levels of deceit, lies and "incompetence" from our "authorities" so far.  I say that knowing that one previously appointed judiciary panel member has already removed themselves from being considered again in the future.  This decision came as a result of behavior witnessed in one of the previous panels.  

I think AFC, as a club, failed to act upon the earlier season "incompetence" dished up by the SFA and the Judiciary panel. (I have already gone into this in detail and why the decisions taken by the SFA were quite simply wrong).  AFC did not do enough at the time to further contest these decisions and there's been quite a bit of unrest among the fans since which has probably resulted in this growing apathy.  "What's the point" etc. 

Separately, I do think a lot of fans are put off because this is Rangers.  Although, and contrary to what some on here have already said, it's less so because of what happens on the pitch.  The club has tried to act in the interests of its supporters and probably felt compelled to do so as a result of the current unrest and its lack of earlier action.  I'm not sure what else the club could have done?

I've thoroughly enjoyed Scottish football for many years - even when the Dons were far more p1sh than they are now.  I don't support an English or foreign team.  I hate the CL because of what it does to football. I will genuinely watch any Scottish game over an EPL or CL game.  I will quite often go to reserve matches if work is quiet enough.  However, for the first time i can remember, I'm beginning to lose interest in our game.  I think I'm being affected by this same apathy.  Notwithstanding, I'm going to this game rather than just sulking about it - more Dons fans need to so the same.

23 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Firstly, its embarrassing that we're only taking circa 10k to a semi.  This is not a protest.  We aren't that organised.  

That said, it can't be ignored there's a ground swell of apathy towards Scottish Football growing in the North East.  Perhaps unsurprising given the events of this season to date and the levels of deceit, lies and "incompetence" from our "authorities" so far.  I say that knowing that one previously appointed judiciary panel member has already removed themselves from being considered again in the future.  This decision came as a result of behavior witnessed in one of the previous panels.  

I think AFC, as a club, failed to act upon the earlier season "incompetence" dished up by the SFA and the Judiciary panel. (I have already gone into this in detail and why the decisions taken by the SFA were quite simply wrong).  AFC did not do enough at the time to further contest these decisions and there's been quite a bit of unrest among the fans since which has probably resulted in this growing apathy.  "What's the point" etc. 

Separately, I do think a lot of fans are put off because this is Rangers.  Although, and contrary to what some on here have already said, it's less so because of what happens on the pitch.  The club has tried to act in the interests of its supporters and probably felt compelled to do so as a result of the current unrest and its lack of earlier action.  I'm not sure what else the club could have done?

I've thoroughly enjoyed Scottish football for many years - even when the Dons were far more p1sh than they are now.  I don't support an English or foreign team.  I hate the CL because of what it does to football. I will genuinely watch any Scottish game over an EPL or CL game.  I will quite often go to reserve matches if work is quiet enough.  However, for the first time i can remember, I'm beginning to lose interest in our game.  I think I'm being affected by this same apathy.  Notwithstanding, I'm going to this game rather than just sulking about it - more Dons fans need to so the same.

Good post.

1 hour ago, The White Ceelo said:

I'm beginning to doubt he is a genuine Aberdeen fan as he has quoted John James and now some random Celtic blogger as though they are an authority on all things Scottish fitba. Maybe he's another PGB alter ego.

he's one of the most genuine fans you can find. he's Travelled all over the globe to seee aberdeen and scotland

perhaps you should look at yourself before giving others stick, especially after the pish you posted about how hard it is for you working offshore. you were made to look pretty stupid