league cup - Page 34 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 minutes ago, GRBear said:

The sheep have fair fecked up this ticket allocation eh

They sure have. And they've fuked it up for thenselves and other non Old Firm teams getting to semis in the future. If they are playing against Rangers or Celtic they will get 12,000 maybe 15,000 tops and The Old Firm teams will get the rest. Once again Aberdeen in their selfishness fuk up all the other non Old Firm clubs.

12 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

They sure have. And they've fuked it up for thenselves and other non Old Firm teams getting to semis in the future. If they are playing against Rangers or Celtic they will get 12,000 maybe 15,000 tops and The Old Firm teams will get the rest. Once again Aberdeen in their selfishness fuk up all the other non Old Firm clubs.

the part in bold is horse shit , nice bait though

Just now, Debian said:

It is true though.  However you wrap it up!  Milne has tried to play poker and ended up being rammed with one. 

The parts in bold are not true but the rest is. AFC have fucked up by not realising the mood of their own support IMO. For past semi finals or finals you couldn't stop me going but now we have a manager and team that shits its pants at the mere mention of Celtic and Rangers. I'm not to keen on watching a piss poor performance and a bunch of scared sheep again.

What harm have Aberdeen done to any other non OF side? At least they kicked up a fuss and didn't settle for the original decision, I'd agree they took it to far but it won't harm any other club

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Particularly since we weren't given any seats to sell in the West, yes.

You know what I meant, the East.

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

What I'm saying is was that we'd have no problem selling North and South allocations.

Yes and what do you do with that big fuck off stand in between?

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

What I'm suggesting is that Aberdeen should have been given half of the North Stand and worked around toward the East Stand block by block.

And none in South then? You can't have a block of  Rangers fans in no mans land with Aberdeen fans either side, that's bonkers and impossible to police.

If you are suggesting that then you'll lost it even more than I thought.

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

The parts in bold are not true but the rest is. AFC have fucked up by not realising the mood of their own support IMO. For past semi finals or finals you couldn't stop me going but now we have a manager and team that shits its pants at the mere mention of Celtic and Rangers. I'm not to keen on watching a piss poor performance and a bunch of scared sheep again.

What harm have Aberdeen done to any other non OF side? At least they kicked up a fuss and didn't settle for the original decision, I'd agree they took it to far but it won't harm any other club

So the reason the ticket sales are shite is cos Aberdeen think they are going to get spanked and nothing to do with ticket sections?

You have kicked up a fuss and ended up looking like tits.

I mean, they've kicked up a fuss, got the extra tickets then spent the last couple of days texting fans asking them to buy tickets and then putting a statement out saying they've sent some back as they only sold 100 in a day.

If you are going to play hard ball, at least back it up.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

So the reason the ticket sales are shite is cos Aberdeen think they are going to get spanked and nothing to do with ticket sections?

You have kicked up a fuss and ended up looking like tits. 

I mean, they've kicked up a fuss, got the extra tickets then spent the last couple of days texting fans asking them to buy tickets and then putting a statement out saying they've sent some back as they only sold 100 in a day.

If you are going to play hard ball, at least back it up.

I gave you my reason for not going, there are a few who feel the same. Others will have different reasons for not going. The club did kick up a fuss and to start with they did the right thing, they took it too far. From some points of view they will look like tits but for others they will see why they took this stance. As Scotty says, why didn't they let AFC start selling from the North onwards? it could have worked but the SPFL didn't want it that way. 

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about this over the last few days. why?

I don't think any of the clubs except Hearts come out of this looking good. 

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

That's absolutely contributory however, and for me.....

A large chunk of our support is 'attempting' to demonstrate against rigged competition, lying, and the continual favouring  of 2 teams only (As AFC will not)

The only way they can do that is by voting with their feet

The reluctance of our chairman / board to name it for what it is is absolutely complicit - Had they grown a set earlier on in the season it may not have come to this

FWIW, and I'm completely ambivalent now, IF we've been 'told' to reallocate and move our support in the East to accommodate Rangers, I can see quite a few of the 9000 already sold being handed back

It's a farce of their (SPFL) own making

We should just devalue it properly and pull out - Rangers get a bye to the final - AberDNA pay the fine coming their way ;) 

1 minute ago, Redz said:

That's absolutely contributory however, and for me.....

A large chunk of our support is 'attempting' to demonstrate against rigged competition, lying, and the continual favouring  of 2 teams only (As AFC will not)

The only way they can do that is by voting with their feet

The reluctance of our chairman / board to name it for what it is is absolutely complicit - Had they grown a set earlier on in the season it may not have come to this

FWIW, and I'm completely ambivalent now, IF we've been 'told' to reallocate and move our support in the East to accommodate Rangers, I can see quite a few of the 9000 already sold being handed back

It's a farce of their (SPFL) own making

We should just devalue it properly and pull out - Rangers get a bye to the final - AberDNA pay the fine coming their way ;) 

so basically both the dons fans and club were protesting but not in sync with each other. No change there

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

so basically both the dons fans and club were protesting but not in sync with each other. No change there

The club didn't protest though.....

That's the problem - They should have went to town on the SPFL when it became clear they lied to us with regards to the NS tickets

The pantomime following the draw was indeed a shambles however, the initial allocation was only an issue in part

It was too late by then and folk had made their mind up

I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing with how this has panned out, simply stating my personal view

54 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

why didn't they let AFC start selling from the North onwards?

How exactly would that work, I assume you mean with no South Stand tickets?

55 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about this over the last few days. why?

No bee in my bonnet, I'm fully supportive of clubs getting a fair ticket allocation. I just think Aberdeen have made a rip roaring cunt of this from the very start. 

7 minutes ago, Redz said:

The club, the support or both?

I'm genuinely interested in your view, and why....

Mixture of both really.

The club at least tried to get as big an allocation as they could, whilst knowing they would never sell out 50% but the support more so for some of the excuses I've read for not going.

I can't imagine just saying I'm not going to a Semi Final as I'd rather sit in another stand for example. The same folk will be falling over themselves for tickets if you get there and it's against Hearts.

35 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Mixture of both really.

The club at least tried to get as big an allocation as they could, whilst knowing they would never sell out 50% but the support more so for some of the excuses I've read for not going.

I can't imagine just saying I'm not going to a Semi Final as I'd rather sit in another stand for example. The same folk will be falling over themselves for tickets if you get there and it's against Hearts.

Yes, I can understand why you say this

Sadly the real damage was done when the SPFL 'agreed' to AFC's (Public) request for an equal allocation. They then had to admit that they couldn't give us our share of the NS as promised as they'd already given it to Rangers. That equated to 26000 tickets, and that the equal share AFC asked for wasn't possible. They lied.

At that point AFC 'should' have been all over them like a rash, but they didn't. 

Personally and, it is only my view (Well it's not given the ticket sales),  this was the final straw for many. They have now taken it into their own hands (which is their right) to express their disgust by voting with their feet, not just at this, but the previous pantomime trying to shoehorn the best deal possible for Rangers & Celtic following the draw. 

Add to that the recent (Non SPFL) SFA panel's 'decisions' in terms of McKenna, Devlin & Morelos, and several more contentious fukups against some of the other 9 clubs, I can also appreciate why they believe the games a bogey and will not support it.

For me, the sooner they (SPFL / SFA) realise  that a 2 team league isn't sustainable the better.

Anyone who believes that we would 'normally' sell c.15000 for a semi final against supposed lesser teams, but not c.20000 on an even playing field against Rangers is (IMO) mistaken.

10 days to go, and I wouldn't rule out anymore twists & turns.....

10 minutes ago, Redz said:

Yes, I can understand why you say this

Sadly the real damage was done when the SPFL 'agreed' to AFC's (Public) request for an equal allocation. They then had to admit that they couldn't give us our share of the NS as promised as they'd already given it to Rangers. That equated to 26000 tickets, and that the equal share AFC asked for wasn't possible. They lied.

At that point AFC 'should' have been all over them like a rash, but they didn't. 

Personally and, it is only my view (Well it's not given the ticket sales),  this was the final straw for many. They have now taken it into their own hands (which is their right) to express their disgust by voting with their feet, not just at this, but the previous pantomime trying to shoehorn the best deal possible for Rangers & Celtic following the draw. 

Add to that the recent (Non SPFL) SFA panel's 'decisions' in terms of McKenna, Devlin & Morelos, and several more contentious fukups against some of the other 9 clubs, I can also appreciate why they believe the games a bogey and will not support it.

For me, the sooner they (SPFL / SFA) realise  that a 2 team league isn't sustainable the better.

Anyone who believes that we would 'normally' sell c.15000 for a semi final against supposed lesser teams, but not c.20000 on an even playing field against Rangers is (IMO) mistaken.

10 days to go, and I wouldn't rule out anymore twists & turns.....

It’s a semi final against a team we love to hate. Not showing up for any reason is hopeless and, for once, you can’t blame the club. Due to the support letting them down badly they’ve had their fingers burned big style and I wouldn’t blame them if they’re a lot less vocal should there be a next time. Hearts have sold 23,000 and we’ve sold 9,000? Embarrassing.

29 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

It’s a semi final against a team we love to hate. Not showing up for any reason is hopeless and, for once, you can’t blame the club. Due to the support letting them down badly they’ve had their fingers burned big style and I wouldn’t blame them if they’re a lot less vocal should there be a next time. Hearts have sold 23,000 and we’ve sold 9,000? Embarrassing.

We're allowed to disagree

Although 10,000+ 'appear' to be thinking along the same lines as I see it, and are fed up taking it up the ring piece 

The SPFL (& SFA) should be embarrassed, but they won't as long as people 'support' it by paying to go

Loyalty is 'blind' no longer - Cash to the beholder counts

Like I've said repeatedly, everyone to their own