league cup - Page 31 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I stand corrected, at least ICT got what they wanted in the end, all their fans in the same stand

I thought it was the police who halted Aberdeen fans being in the tier above ICT fans?

You are right about the police but had ICT only got a couple of sections behind the goal then the police would have given Aberdeen the remainder of the bottom tier and sections in the top tier that weren't above ICT fans.

57 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s a slightly different situation to be fair.

ICT were given as many tickets as they needed/wanted.

If memory serves me correctly they had a section behind the goal at the end the away fans sit and presumably half the main stand?

Aye, Aberdeen could be given as many tickets as they want/need for this too. And they have been given more than that.

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

:lol: Fantastic!

1 hour ago, Blackpool78 said:

point made but going forward you cant ever complain if you dont get a 50-50 split and the same goes for Hearts 

No, going forward each game should be assessed individually. 

The circumstances surrounding this semi are unique.

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, Aberdeen could be given as many tickets as they want/need for this too. And they have been given more than that.

True, but I take their point on not selling the worst seats first.

perhaps the best solution would’ve been to start Aberdeen’s allocation on halfway line of North stand rather than south?

Would just mean the “prawn sandwich” dons surrounded by Rangers fans.

No perfect solution and wouldnt really change at a different ground. Although behind the goal; particularly low down, at Hampden is particularly bad.

Had everything been equal (Read fair & consistent) AFC 'might' have sold the 20,300 tickets they have been Allocated. Allocating Rangers 26000 from the outset & lying with regards to AFC receiving NS tickets have merely fanned the flames of discontent)

There's a mini revolt going on at AB24 . Pretty much on the back of some well documented (and seriously) dodgy and unprecedented actions from BOTH (I appreciate it's the SPFL's cup) the SPFL & SFA towards AFC (And others tbf). Folk are fed up with this,  along with the clubs pathetic stance,  and it's up to them whether they go or they don't.

AFC have come under intense pressure from their own support with regards to rolling over and taking it up the shiter once too often. I feel this pressure will continue until these (SFA / SPFL) fuckwits start looking out for the whole of Scottish Football, not simply 2 teams.

I also suspect there will be a real chance we will sell less than the c.15,000 we 'usually' sell for recent semi finals at Hampden. These  'normally' have been 12.30 ko's ,and none of those were against Rangers - This should highlight our 'potential' to sell out if treated fairly on it's own.

In terms of 2014, Aberdeen asked for the remaining 10,000 tickets but were refused on safety grounds as they would be above the ICT support. 

IF Rangers fans somehow appear above Aberdeen fans I expect Stewart Milne to go to town with this. Either that, or he's in for a massive shock come  ST renewal time. He's also got Kingsford and the AberDNA scheme very much in the balance right now too.

Personally I'm hopeful there will be 000's of empty seats and believe that AFC are making a real stand (Belatedly) on behalf of, primarily their own support, as well as all the senior clubs, outwith Celtic & Rangers.

Interesting times.....

37 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

True, but I take their point on not selling the worst seats first.

perhaps the best solution would’ve been to start Aberdeen’s allocation on halfway line of North stand rather than south?

Would just mean the “prawn sandwich” dons surrounded by Rangers fans.

No perfect solution and wouldnt really change at a different ground. Although behind the goal; particularly low down, at Hampden is particularly bad.

Would have been not to lie and cheat hoping it would go unnoticed in the first place 

2 hours ago, Blackpool78 said:

point made but going forward you cant ever complain if you dont get a 50-50 split and the same goes for Hearts 

Of course they can complain. A neutral venue is supposed to be just that. Not be under threats from the off that if you don’t sell enough, you won’t get tickets for the best stand in the house. It’s been a shambles from the day of the draw, AFC are merely showing them how utterly incompetent they’ve been. 

3 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

image.png.aa43ed628c1d097e7ab362690b23b6cb.png

Hearts have done the same for their game at Murrayfield, started selling from the halfway line on both sides, sold around 18,000 so far from the season ticket plus one sales.

General sale starts tomorrow.

What’s your estimation for the entire crowd? 50 thousand? 55?

As a neutral spectator in this it's quite an interesting spectacle. 

It's pretty much a shambles of the SPFLs own making, aided and abetted by Stewart Milne and other chairmen in the past. 

Football fans are overdue standing up for themselves, although it would be nice if it was a unanimous decision. 

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I see you've references that twice? What are you meaning?

I have presumably missed a chapter in this clusterfuck.

I doubt you have, just possibly view it differently.

Anyway, the SPFL allocate Rangers 26,000 from the get go. (More than 50%)

Aberdeen are allocated 15,000 ish in the East / South stands, with the 'promise' of the remaining tickets in the North up to the HWL if we sell our initial amount.

Aberdeen publicly demand 50% immediately, and their share of the NS - The SPFL say that they can't do that as Rangers have all of the NS already.

On top of whats went before its a feckin shambles that needs to stop.

I doubt we've heard the last from AFC when it comes to Incompetence / Lying / Cheating being outed going forward - The Support appear to be on their (AFC's) case too.

Of course this needs to be done in a professional way, but requires telling as it is, not fannying about round the edges.

As an example, more of what Killie allowed Stevie Clarke  to say recently is where we need to be - It would be helpful if the other 9 clubs followed....

Edited by Redz

52 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

As a neutral spectator in this it's quite an interesting spectacle. 

It's pretty much a shambles of the SPFLs own making, aided and abetted by Stewart Milne and other chairmen in the past. 

Football fans are overdue standing up for themselves, although it would be nice if it was a unanimous decision. 

Agreed

Good luck with getting Rangers and Celtic on board though

Turkeys don't vote for Christmas

19 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Just another blunder by the beaks. Anyone with a brain must have known Aberdeen fans were never going to take up that allocation. What a pity fans will be missing out but hey ho. 

If they just split the stadium as usual, all this would’ve been avoided. Aberdeen would’ve obviously sold out the north very quickly, carried into the east and then returned any unsold tickets on the Thursday or Friday. Rangers would’ve still had time to sell them to the punters and everyone would’ve been happy. But they can’t seem to see this, I’m not jumping on the bandwagon that they’re deliberately out to get Aberdeen, but they’ve made an absolute cunt of this, but it’s hardly surprising. Regardless of who is playing, everyone deserves the chance of a fair allocation and there can be no complaints by Aberdeen fans if they’re returned a couple of days before the match, but it looks like that won’t be possible now. 

18 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Just another blunder by the beaks. Anyone with a brain must have known Aberdeen fans were never going to take up that allocation. What a pity fans will be missing out but hey ho. 

I'll take the bait

Recent semi finals have seen us sell 14/15000 for ridiculous o'clock games not featuring RFC / CFC

What makes you think we wouldn't sell out 50% of Hampden against Rangers all being equal?

AFC are halfway there in showing up Scottish Football for what it is

000's of empty seats and a well thought through statement from AFC will help greatly in terms of the post match autopsy

All the fuss from the sheep and now their team is going to met with this at the semi final . I see their manager is pleading for stay at home fans to take up their allocation. Local radio stations sending SOS broadcasts out as well. Bit of a PR disaster in my opinion despite the ineptitude of the  governing body.

Al[âIMG]

Edited by EddardStark

16 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

If they just split the stadium as usual, all this would’ve been avoided. Aberdeen would’ve obviously sold out the north very quickly, carried into the east and then returned any unsold tickets on the Thursday or Friday. Rangers would’ve still had time to sell them to the punters and everyone would’ve been happy. But they can’t seem to see this, I’m not jumping on the bandwagon that they’re deliberately out to get Aberdeen, but they’ve made an absolute cunt of this, but it’s hardly surprising. Regardless of who is playing, everyone deserves the chance of a fair allocation and there can be no complaints by Aberdeen fans if they’re returned a couple of days before the match, but it looks like that won’t be possible now. 

But they couldn't return the tickets and allow Rangers to sell them if they started from the north stand as Aberdeen's sponsors and corporate tickets are for the south stand and they won't have then surrounded by Rangers fans, that's why they were encouraged to sell them from the south stand round. Theoretically there are more prime seats in the south stand than the north stand although we all know this is push and just a ploy to get more money from punters in the south stand.

The real issue is Hampden is shite and the majority of the seats there have a shit view.

18 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Agreed

The decisions, whatever they maybe, appear to be made for the benefit of 2 teams

That's what needs to stop

Naming these fuck ups for what they are as they happen is the way to go

Nothing will change until we do

9500 sold for a semi against Rangers is a start

The above is merely my own opinion - People can chose to go and 'support' it or not

5 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

But they couldn't return the tickets and allow Rangers to sell them if they started from the north stand as Aberdeen's sponsors and corporate tickets are for the south stand and they won't have then surrounded by Rangers fans, that's why they were encouraged to sell them from the south stand round. Theoretically there are more prime seats in the south stand than the north stand although we all know this is push and just a ploy to get more money from punters in the south stand.

The real issue is Hampden is shite and the majority of the seats there have a shit view.

No it really isn't

5 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

All the fuss from the sheep and now their team is going to met with this at the semi final . I see their manager is pleading for stay at home fans to take up their allocation. 

Al[âIMG]

I hope that's not the view Aberdeen players get. That's the west stand that's empty so if the Aberdeen players are seeing that then it's safe to say I won't enjoy the game