league cup - Page 30 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

7 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

We've asked for 20,000 tickets.

We eventually got that (but it's not the fair split we asked for).

Aberdeen took 19,000 to a League Cup semi in 2015.

20,000 v Sevco is doable (but the fixture fiasco and giving the entire North Stand to Sevco will take it's toll).

It'll be a self-fulfilling prophecy for the smug detractors.

Time for the dons fans to stanf free! Genuinely hope they sell out. The tickets that is. Should be two cracking games and we should be talking aboot that surely!

10 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Jim supports the 'Buddies'.

The North Stand should be split 50/50, as should the South Stand (which also accommodates the sponsors, etc.)

The Dons should get the East and Sevco should get the West.

Don't see why Sevco should get the whole North and more than half of the tickets (to start).

Because we told wee Milney to bend over and take it. 

12 hours ago, macy37 said:

Am I missing something? Why would giving the Huns the north stand “take its toll”??

There are Dandies that are going to protest recent decisions by staying away.

The North Stand is the best Stand.

Giving Aberdeen the Stand watered down by sponsors and neutrals isn't going to help.

On 10/10/2018 at 2:58 PM, sbcmfc said:

RANGERS are pleased that commonsense has prevailed and that our supporters will be able to purchase the lion’s share of tickets available for the Betfred Cup semi-final at Hampden Park on Sunday, October 28.

We have received an allocation of just under 26,000 tickets with the possibility of more, subject to how other sales go.

It is important to make it clear there had been an attempt to deny Rangers fans all of Hampden’s north stand but this was resisted fiercely and that entire area will now be a sea of red, white and blue.

Hampden should now be full to capacity for a match which is eagerly awaited.

Rangers’ allocation will be issued by way of a ballot which will be held on Friday (October 12) and successful season ticket holders will be advised shortly afterwards.

No surrender

Jim Traynor.gif

9 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Aberedeen thinking they will sell tickets and its back fired cos that aint the big club they think they are 

They were never gonna sell 20,000, everyone knew that. It’s all about making a point though, which may very well look like it’s going to succeed. 

What is the point exactly? Making sure the game is as neutral as possible?

I take it the same folk weren't bothered about their League Cup Final at Parkhead turning into a home game for them with over 40k there? In fact, they had that cringey ParkRed slogan and never stopped moaning as the police would allow them even more tickets inth tier above the ICT fans.

Can't have it both ways.

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

They were never gonna sell 20,000, everyone knew that. It’s all about making a point though, which may very well look like it’s going to succeed. 

point made but going forward you cant ever complain if you dont get a 50-50 split and the same goes for Hearts 

Just now, Blackpool78 said:

point made but going forward you cant ever complain if you dont get a 50-50 split and the same goes for Hearts 

Aberdeen were told to sell the worst views in the stadium whilst handing the best views to Rangers fans only. This is a clever way of protesting, something each club should be doing right now but as @Fairbairn says.............................

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What is the point exactly? Making sure the game is as neutral as possible?

I take it the same folk weren't bothered about their League Cup Final at Parkhead turning into a home game for them with over 40k there? In fact, they had that cringey ParkRed slogan and never stopped moaning as the police would allow them even more tickets inth tier above the ICT fans.

Can't have it both ways.

AFC don;t want it "both ways". This is different circumstances

1. They set times and location which gave Celtic and Rangers and advantages

2. AFC and Hearts protested and claimed none of the 4 clubs were happy with the outcome

3. SPFL realise they fuck up and change kick of times but then tell aberdeen they won;t get access to the better views in the stadium

In the league cup final, ICT were happy with their allocation, the location and kick off time.................AFC did not force that on ICT. ICT would have been within their rights to complain at the time but they didn't

It’s a bit of a shit situation, I agree with Aberdeen making the best seats available to the most loyal fans, would be mental to stick your season ticket holders and 30+ game a season fans behind the goal at Hampden then sell the North stand tickets in a public sale.

Would be a different story if they knew they’d max out at 8000, but they’ll sell 75% of the tickets.

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Aberdeen were told to sell the worst views in the stadium whilst handing the best views to Rangers fans only. This is a clever way of protesting, something each club should be doing right now but as @Fairbairn says.............................

Same as ICT against you at Parkhead then?

So cos ICT never complained it's okay?

I was behind the goals when we beat Celtic in 2012, couldn't care less. I was there.

Aberdeen not have South Stand seats? How exactly are they meant to sell tickets that are unsold if you have South/North but only take 10K?

If Aberdeen were told to start selling rubbish seats first, then why do they have the South Stand tickets sold out?

We played Hibs in 2007 at Hampden, we only got 17,000  I think which was South, South Upper and West. Hibs got the rest as we wouldn't sell remainder.

I think it's pretty petty from Aberdeen taking a big allocation knowing full well they'll not sell out. All that will happen will be if they get Celtic in the final they'll get shafted with 17/18,000.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

no offence but I already said ICT were happy with the outcome. They could have protested like Aberdeen have, its not like Aberdeen forced ICT to accept what the SPFL offered. Both clubs were happy. 

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It’s a slightly different situation to be fair.

ICT were given as many tickets as they needed/wanted.

If memory serves me correctly they had a section behind the goal at the end the away fans sit and presumably half the main stand?

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I was behind the goals when we beat Celtic in 2012, couldn't care less. I was there.

Aberdeen not have South Stand seats? How exactly are they meant to sell tickets that are unsold if you have South/North but only take 10K?

If Aberdeen were told to start selling rubbish seats first, then why do they have the South Stand tickets sold out?

We played Hibs in 2007 at Hampden, we only got 17,000  I think which was South, South Upper and West. Hibs got the rest as we wouldn't sell remainder.

I think it's pretty petty from Aberdeen taking a big allocation knowing full well they'll not sell out. All that will happen will be if they get Celtic in the final they'll get shafted with 17/18,000.

erm, yes. ICT said they were happy to be where they were and give the rest to Aberdeen. I'm not sure what the problem is.

23 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If we get Celtic in the final, I’d expect a 50/50 split, with half of the north included in it, then a draw to allocate changing rooms and sides of the stadium, just how Lawlell wanted the other semi to be. 

PS, we dont have the north stand, we were never given that, bizarrely. 

Edited by dandydunn

42 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

AFC don;t want it "both ways". This is different circumstances

1. They set times and location which gave Celtic and Rangers and advantages

2. AFC and Hearts protested and claimed none of the 4 clubs were happy with the outcome

3. SPFL realise they fuck up and change kick of times but then tell aberdeen they won;t get access to the better views in the stadium

In the league cup final, ICT were happy with their allocation, the location and kick off time.................AFC did not force that on ICT. ICT would have been within their rights to complain at the time but they didn't

ICT did complain.

ICT were supposed to only get a couple of sections behind the goal and part of the main stand.

They argued that it would be better for them to have all there fans in the one stand so the SPFL gave them the whole stand behind the goal.

If the SPFL had stuck to there original plans AFC could of got extra tickets in the top tier.

6 minutes ago, drew said:

ICT did complain.

ICT were supposed to only get a couple of sections behind the goal and part of the main stand.

They argued that it would be better for them to have all there fans in the one stand so the SPFL gave them the whole stand behind the goal.

If the SPFL had stuck to there original plans AFC could of got extra tickets in the top tier.

I stand corrected, at least ICT got what they wanted in the end, all their fans in the same stand

I thought it was the police who halted Aberdeen fans being in the tier above ICT fans?