league cup - Page 26 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

7 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Figure it out...

We're playing Sevco at 4:30pm

Of course we can bring 20,000

Well buy the tickets.  Regardless of the seat, you go to see your team surely? Just an excuse to moan really. 

46 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

So....

Any Aberdeen fan who wants a decent seat in the north stand instead of behind the goals needs to wait until they get the extra ticket allocation.  Only they won’t get the extra tickets because people aren’t buying the shite seats.

So enough people will need to buy the shite seats to ensure they can get an allocation for the decent seats. But then they’ll have already bought their ticket. For a shite seat.

Perfectly logical. If you are an idiot. Now I see why the SPFL went with this idea.

They’ve actually stated that when they get the north stand tickets, they’ll relocate people out of the south and give them north ones instead. It’s a recipe for an absolute disaster that afc will get all the blame for from the fans when it all goes wrong. 

Make them available.

They are available! 

If you buy your half, the people will be allocated these tickets.

You do understand the rationale behind this, yeah? If you buy/allocated North stand tickets first and don't sell out your half then they cannot reallocate tickets to Rangers.  Your comps/etc are in the south stand, therefore you cannot leave a gap.

You are going to sell your half anyway, so it'll all be fine!

Edited by Debian

The choice of where to sit would be nice, I just have to hope I get one in the ballot and sit wherever I'm told. Going by my allocation over the last 15 years or so I've only had the north stand once and that was against Celtic last season for the Scottish cup semi. Funnily enough I wouldn't have minded a seat with a shit view for that game.

5 minutes ago, Debian said:

They are available! 

If...

They're not available.

Anyway, John James brings up good points...

"This season’s League Cup is important to four teams for different reasons. Aberdeen last won this trophy in season 2013/2014 and were runner-up to Celtic in 2016/17. Having won this trophy on six occasions they are second only to Celtic with 17 wins in the League Cup pecking order. Hearts have won this trophy on four occasions. Last and most certainly least is the new club playing at Ibrox who have never won this trophy. However if one has a glance at the SPFL site one will find that this new club, formed in 2012, has been gifted 27 trophies by an amazing act of munificence by Neil Doncaster."

"Neil Doncaster is paid £250,000 per annum to deceive the Scottish public. He would not get away with it if Budge, Lawwell and Milne did not turn a blind eye to the deception."

This all goes to show that Hampden is not fit for purpose. On a 50-50 split you get 5 sections in the north stand with decent views, 16 sections behind the goal with shite view, 4(?) Sections in the south stand lower with an ok view, and 6(?) Sections in South stand lower with an ok view, but miles away. So of the 31 sections people only really want to sit in 5 of them, will make do with a few more and don't really want to sit in the rest 

Aberdeen NOW have a fair kick-off time.

Why do they now have to fight for a fair ticket allocation?

This is the first ever historical meeting of The Famous and Sevco in a Cup.

Sevco will of course have home city advantage (again) but they'll be without Velcro-Heid and Laffs.

Who seriously doesn't believe we'll take 20,000?

What Dandy wouldn't want to be there?

Edited by Scotty CTA

Sevco will of course have home city advantage (again) but they'll be without Velcro-Heid and Laffs.

How can they be getting home city advantage "(again)" if this is the first time they have met?

You just want to think of them as the old club when it suits you, and then talk about them as a new club when that suits your agenda. You are no better than Rangers who like to do the same.

For consistency you should decide inside your own head whether you think they are old or new. If you think they are old then they have 27 League Cups. If you think they are new then you should have no reason to hate them so much. 

43 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

They're not available.

Anyway, John James brings up good points...

"This season’s League Cup is important to four teams for different reasons. Aberdeen last won this trophy in season 2013/2014 and were runner-up to Celtic in 2016/17. Having won this trophy on six occasions they are second only to Celtic with 17 wins in the League Cup pecking order. Hearts have won this trophy on four occasions. Last and most certainly least is the new club playing at Ibrox who have never won this trophy. However if one has a glance at the SPFL site one will find that this new club, formed in 2012, has been gifted 27 trophies by an amazing act of munificence by Neil Doncaster."

"Neil Doncaster is paid £250,000 per annum to deceive the Scottish public. He would not get away with it if Budge, Lawwell and Milne did not turn a blind eye to the deception."

I genuinely believe you have a mental illness.  @Admin it may be best to restrict his posting privileges until he has been seen by a professional. Wish you well Scott. 

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

How can they be getting home city advantage "(again)" if this is the first time they have met?

Because I was referring to the fans.

The fans of Newco are the same fans as those of Oldco.

Different club, same fans.

Once again those same FANS won't have to travel.

(If the game were played behind closed doors then the location wouldn't come into it.)

I do get Aberdeen fans point, but say hypothetically they get half the North stand and only end up selling 18,000 tickets (which would be a good effort). Theres then 7000 empty seats scattered across 3 stands.

Aberdeen should have 50% of the available tickets if they need them, but if they don’t need them they can be given to Rangers.

Thats the way it’s worked for Motherwell, and except a problem with giving Celtic fans the south upper, has been handled pretty fairly  by all concerned.

The only fairer way would be for Aberdeen fans to commit to buy the tickets and then AFC allocate those tickets when numbers are confirmed, (which is effectively what the OF do) but I don’t know if they have a ticketing operation that could handle that in the timeframe?

16 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I do get Aberdeen fans point, but say hypothetically they get half the North stand and only end up selling 18,000 tickets (which would be a good effort). Theres then 7000 empty seats scattered across 3 stands.

Aberdeen should have 50% of the available tickets if they need them, but if they don’t need them they can be given to Rangers.

Thats the way it’s worked for Motherwell, and except a problem with giving Celtic fans the south upper, has been handled pretty fairly  by all concerned.

Stop talking sense.  It'll never catch on!

Np one has an issue with Aberdeen getting half (I Think they should) but if they can't sell them they need to leave blocks available to sell on.

It's likely too simplistic for those special lads up north though.

3 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I'm fairly sure one of the two cup finals 2 seasons ago saw AFC fail to sell out our allocation...

Aberdeen won’t bring 25k

They should sell seats in blocks, starting with the ones in the north, if they don’t sell them out, then rangers can start having seats from their allocation in the south and work round to the east. 

Segregation wont be an issue, as there needs to be a cut off somewhere. 

2 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

I'm fairly sure one of the two cup finals 2 seasons ago saw AFC fail to sell out our allocation...

We're talking about whether or not Aberdeen (given a fair allocation) will bring 20,000 to Hampden v Sevco.

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

They should sell seats in blocks, starting with the ones in the north, if they don’t sell them out, then rangers can start having seats from their allocation in the south and work round to the east. 

Segregation wont be an issue, as there needs to be a cut off somewhere. 

No problem with that.