league cup - Page 23 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

7 hours ago, macy37 said:

Hearts will be delighted. The hammer throwers will want the goalposts to remain up and pitch dimensions not to change....they’ll be right at “home”.

Celtic might actually score more than 1 goal into Rugby goals too.

Hearts being hammer throwers is a bit OTT, they certainly played more football at Rugby Park than Celtic have the past twice they've been. They've also managed to score double the amount of goals Celtic have this season.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

12 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

While I have absolutely no sympathy for Celtic, I suppose they do have a valid point. Why was it immediately decided they were the ones to go to Edinburgh.

It makes sense logistically and 99% of people had presumed it would be the one to move for that reason, so perhaps that’s all the SPFL need to say, Celtic just want to see their working...

Pretty much the case. If it was a straight draw and from the word go Celtic were drawn at Murrayfield then nobody (well, not as many folk) would be bitching about it.

40 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hearts being hammer throwers is a bit OTT, they certainly played more football at Rugby Park than Celtic have the past twice they've been. They've also managed to score double the amount of goals Celtic have this season.

I’ve been to every Hearts game this season other than the Killie one, and only (a strangely subdued) Celtic have failed to at least match Hearts in terms of physical

on a positive note, I actually think this is now quite exciting for scottish football, 4 of the nations biggest clubs playing at the two national stadiums in one day. There is a chance the attendances for both could be very good with close to equal numbers. This is what we need to see. 

I'm looking forward to a day on the couch watching the matches. I am still thinking of going but my only option is to drive to Glasgow from just outside london, staying overnight isn;t an option because of work

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

on a positive note, I actually think this is now quite exciting for scottish football, 4 of the nations biggest clubs playing at the two national stadiums in one day. There is a chance the attendances for both could be very good with close to equal numbers. This is what we need to see. 

I'm looking forward to a day on the couch watching the matches. I am still thinking of going but my only option is to drive to Glasgow from just outside london, staying overnight isn;t an option because of work

Be worth the drive.

Can't believe some celtic fans are suggesting boycott the tournament !  Beacause they lost their annual advantage.

Maybe they should have a ballot to see who plays where, which game starts first, which end each supporters get, which dressing room each team gets, which team bus is parked closer, who gets to call heads or tails, which dugout to use.  That would be fairest.  If they did draw lots, who would go last ? Is that fair ?

I know start a new revolution in fairness scottish football where every team has the same players budget that would be fair.

diktak?

16 minutes ago, McFootSoldier said:

Can't believe some celtic fans are suggesting boycott the tournament !  Beacause they lost their annual advantage.

Maybe they should have a ballot to see who plays where, which game starts first, which end each supporters get, which dressing room each team gets, which team bus is parked closer, who gets to call heads or tails, which dugout to use.  That would be fairest.  If they did draw lots, who would go last ? Is that fair ?

I know start a new revolution in fairness scottish football where every team has the same players budget that would be fair.

diktak?

Or, y'know, just have a bit of transparency with your dealings. Wouldn't say it's asking for much.

Thankfully haven't seen any boycott patter, but social media is a weird and wonderful place.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

3 minutes ago, min said:

The reaction from Celtic is hilarious.

In the event of an Aberdeen v Celtic final, I look forward to them demanding a ballot to determine who gets what end at Hampden.

They should do that.

100%.

Aberdeen should get the East Stand anyway as the majority of their fans will be coming from that end.

2 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Or, y'know, just have a bit of transparency with your dealings. Wouldn't say it's asking for much.

Thankfully haven't seen any boycott patter, but social media is a weird and wonderful place.

Always a 5% I know but its rediculous.  The spfl have to also be allowed to make decisions.  

For whatever reason those two teams were moved I think they probably thought 2 neutral venues so does it matter ?  Only to celtic fans apparently.

59 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Mikey Stewart's been saying as much from the get go. It's got the potential to be one of the biggest days in Scottish domestic football for a long time. I am certainly looking forward to watching both games even as a neutral.  Hopefully the Celtic support can see through the nonsense about boycotts, a 60,000 plus crowd at Murrayfield would be quite a spectacle.

4 minutes ago, McFootSoldier said:

Always a 5% I know but its rediculous.  The spfl have to also be allowed to make decisions.  

For whatever reason those two teams were moved I think they probably thought 2 neutral venues so does it matter ?  Only to celtic fans apparently.

The SPFL have to be allowed to make decisions? Really? They did make a decision. The decision was stupid, but their decision was to play two games at Hampden. It wasn't accepted by Hearts and Aberdeen who raised a complaint about it. It has now been changed. I think Celtic have reasonable grounds to state they are unhappy with the change.

16 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They should do that.

100%.

Aberdeen should get the East Stand anyway as the majority of their fans will be coming from that end.

When St Mirren played Rangers in a Scottish Cup Semi a few years back, St Mirren coaches were made to go all the way to the M74 southbound to approach Hampden from the East, coach company’s that never complied were fined.

A 30 minute coach journey turned into 2 hours for most, a feckin joke just to pander to the Old Firm “ Traditional Ends”.  

1 minute ago, Tartan_McCole said:

The SPFL have to be allowed to make decisions? Really? They did make a decision. The decision was stupid, but their decision was to play two games at Hampden. It wasn't accepted by Hearts and Aberdeen who raised a complaint about it. It has now been changed. I think Celtic have reasonable grounds to state they are unhappy with the change.

Were Celtic happy with the original plan?

3 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

When St Mirren played Rangers in a Scottish Cup Semi a few years back, St Mirren coaches were made to go all the way to the M74 southbound to approach Hampden from the East, coach company’s that never complied were fined.

A 30 minute coach journey turned into 2 hours for most, a feckin joke just to pander to the Old Firm “ Traditional Ends”.  

We had the same against Rangers at Hampden years back, fucking bonkers.

Was even worse in the midweek replay.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Were Celtic happy with the original plan?

The fans? Can't speak for all, but I don't think they were overly chuffed. They agreed with most others opinions that it seemed like a stupid effing idea. Had the possibility of this been planned for, and Murrayfield been sought out as the host for one of the semi finals, then nobody would have been complaining.

Edited by Tartan_McCole

24 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Celtic and Rangers were also unhappy according to Anne Budge, she said none of the clubs involved were happy with the initial outcome.

I'm not really understanding why Celtic would have a problem with this new decision, they are not in anyway disadvantaged by this new and much better outcome. 

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Celtic might actually score more than 1 goal into Rugby goals too.

and what did Hearts win for that??? Feck all is what they won