league cup - Page 21 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

And why would that be a problem exactly?

If someone is being moved from the usual venue then it shouldn't just be chosen by those running the competition. Let the draw decide, or are you just interested in keeping it fair when it suits you?

Sorry but you’ll have to point to where i said it wasn’t fair or that it is a problem. I’ve maintained since the start of the debacle that this has to be fair for all teams involved.

murrayfield is a neutral venue so all four teams should be happy enough if either tie has to be moved there. I’m not sure why moving it to murrayfield would be a problem or why any of the teams need a draw to be made for the venue. If that’s what it has to be, fair enough, at least it’s fair but I don’t see it as necessary in this instance.

17 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

You didn’t say it in so many words, but it seemed to be the inference.

RFC and CFC seem to have been quiet on this, other than Celtic raising concern about being sent to Edinburgh to play. Can we assume from that both clubs were content with plan A?

According to Anne budge, none of the clubs involved were happy

If both games must be played on the 28th Aberdeen vs Rangers at Hampden and Hearts vs Celtic at Murrayfield, seems the sensible option to me. But I’m biased. No big deal for me if they go for the toss of the coin option and we end up at Hampden.

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

And why would that be a problem exactly?

If someone is being moved from the usual venue then it shouldn't just be chosen by those running the competition. Let the draw decide, or are you just interested in keeping it fair when it suits you?

I guess folk would see it as a bit pathetic for Celtic to be seen to be whinging about having to play a neutral game outside their home city for the first time I can remember. Usually they get to play in their home city, out of their own dressing room and with their fans in their own end. 

I am consistent however and all in favour of "fairness". Unlike Celtic who only care about "fairness" when it appears they may not get an advantage. 

25 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I guess folk would see it as a bit pathetic for Celtic to be seen to be whinging about having to play a neutral game outside their home city for the first time I can remember. Usually they get to play in their home city, out of their own dressing room and with their fans in their own end. 

I am consistent however and all in favour of "fairness". Unlike Celtic who only care about "fairness" when it appears they may not get an advantage. 

I don't think they're "whinging" about having to play outside of Glasgow. I'd say the issue is that it shouldn't just be decided for us. Much the same as the cup draw shouldn't just be decided either.

Aberdeen being at Murrayfield would probably mean less travelling for the 4 clubs combined but if Celtic have to go there then fair enough, Edinburgh to Glasgow isn't far. Despite what fans from Edinburgh tell you as an excuse not to turn up for Scotland games or semi finals.

4 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I don't think they're "whinging" about having to play outside of Glasgow. I'd say the issue is that it shouldn't just be decided for us. Much the same as the cup draw shouldn't just be decided either.

Aberdeen being at Murrayfield would probably mean less travelling for the 4 clubs combined but if Celtic have to go there then fair enough, Edinburgh to Glasgow isn't far. Despite what fans from Edinburgh tell you as an excuse not to turn up for Scotland games or semi finals.

If Celtic go to Murrayfiled, you only get two sets of fans travelling - Celtic and Aberdeen

If Celtic stay at Hamdpen - Hearts, Aberdeen and Rangers fans have to travel

Its doesn't really matter, the issue has never been the distance, its the kick off times. 

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If Celtic go to Murrayfiled, you only get two sets of fans travelling - Celtic and Aberdeen

If Celtic stay at Hamdpen - Hearts, Aberdeen and Rangers fans have to travel

Its doesn't really matter, the issue has never been the distance, its the kick off times. 

I said less for the 4 combined, given Aberdeen is closer to Edinburgh than Glasgow. You also seem to be forgetting that Rangers and Celtic have fans from all over Scotland.

I agree that isn't the main issue though, I was just responding to Celtic wanting there to be a coin toss to decide.

So how was the decision to have Celtic v Hearts at Murrayfield arrived at?

Given if you had asked Celtic and Hearts for a preference Celtic would’ve preferred Hampden and Hearts Murrayfield, there should’ve been a random ballot to decide the venues.

58 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

It's Celtic. Of course they're whinging. Rodgers is at it already, claiming Hearts are getting an advantage. 

Whinging away, it's the Celtic way. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

It's Celtic. Of course they're whinging. Rodgers is at it already, claiming Hearts are getting an advantage. 

They will have a slight advantage. But that's always the case for one team regardless of where it is played.

It's how they came to the decision that's the issue.

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

A lot more of the current Celtic team have played at Murrayfield than the hearts team. 

I thought they would draw lots to be honest, wouldn’t have had any sort of issue with that. Maybe the police came down strongly in favour of the option they have gone for as it involves the least travel, I don’t know. The issue for Hearts was never the travel to Glasgow itself and the game being at Hampden, despite what a few wallopers will try to make out. The issue was the late kick off on a Sunday, lack of public transport back from Glasgow that night, and the potential for travel chaos and fan trouble with four sets of fans in the city on the same day. Doncaster should have been sacked by now for this.

Edited by Pool Q

24 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Why is this never ever pulled up by anyone? Because our entire set-up is a shit show controlled by a blue half and a green half. Umpteen bloody decades of other teams having to go to Glasgow, when the Auld-Firm still keep their sides, dressing room, etc. But now, on one single occasion that cunt Rodgers feels the need to talk about an advantage to someone? 😠

41 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'd have thought the celtic captain would be chuffed at being away from hampden, remember he doesn't like hampden

1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

This solution actually results in less fans travelling.

Only two sets of fans have to travel, Aberdeen and Celtic.  Aberdeen have to travel regardless.

If the fixtures were reversed then Aberdeen, Hearts and Rangers would all have to travel. 

1 minute ago, aaid said:

This solution actually results in less fans travelling.

Only two sets of fans have to travel, Aberdeen and Celtic.  Aberdeen have to travel regardless.

If the fixtures were reversed then Aberdeen, Hearts and Rangers would all have to travel. 

Seems sensible.

I wonder why the times changed, well not the times exactly, but the order

the Aberdeen game was first now its the Hearts game..  

If No extra time the Celtic fans will be heading homw along the M8 at same time as Dons fans driving tae Glasgow and Rangers fans coming from Central belt..

Anyhoo,   Whay did they not just draw Cetic and Rangers together...  the balls would have beed heated anyhoo..... 😉

Hopefully a Hearts /Dons final...

Edited by stocky