league cup - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 hours ago, Redz said:

I'd support AFC & HMFC withdrawing completely or, at the least, stating that they require no ticket allocation whatsoever.

Extreme? Absolutely.....Something needs to give though, the whole set up and approach is sickening.

Personally I have no further domestic games planned, and Israel will be my last international for the foreseeable too.

I'd cancel the latter if we weren't making a family break out of the trip too.

To be fair, it's Derek McInnes's Aberdeen in a cup semi final against Rangers, they're not going to turn up anyway, may as well make it official.

Edited by Mox

You have to wonder what BT are making of all this. They're a relatively new partner in our game and the hope they might take over coverage completely from Sky has been expressed on here and other forums. They must be wondering what the hell they'd be getting themselves into! 😵

2 hours ago, slasher said:

You have to wonder what BT are making of all this. They're a relatively new partner in our game and the hope they might take over coverage completely from Sky has been expressed on here and other forums. They must be wondering what the hell they'd be getting themselves into! 😵

I read somewhere that a spokesman claimed it had nothing to do with bt. Says they just roll up and screen the matches when they’re told to.....🤔

How Doncaster is still in a job is beyond all understanding. Had he properly consulted all four clubs, and the relevant authorities, in advance of deciding on the two games being at Hampden on the Sunday this mess could have been avoided. A liar and an incompetent. 

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

That's a bit cheeky as Celtic were happy to use Murrayfield for midweek Champions League games in 2014 when Celtic Park was being used for the Commonwealth games. 

their argument seems to be they feel hearts will have an advantage, clearly dismissing the fact they have an advantage when they play at hampden.

This has gone beyond embarrassing for the scottish game as a whole

12 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Something I've wondered for a while squirrel, where the hell did you actually find that wonderful avatar or did you design it yourself ?

I just presumed it was actually Mr Humper himself.....  with some extra lipstick on 

@squirellhumper

12 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Something I've wondered for a while squirrel, where the hell did you actually find that wonderful avatar or did you design it yourself ?

Honest answer is I can't remember, it was around the time he was trying to railroad the new huns into the SPL.

I never made it, so I'm guessing Twitter somewhere!

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

their argument seems to be they feel hearts will have an advantage, clearly dismissing the fact they have an advantage when they play at hampden.

This has gone beyond embarrassing for the scottish game as a whole

What advantage do we have at Hampden? Same as Hearts at Murrayfield? None.

4 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

When Celtic and Rangers play up at Aberdeen on a Sunday what time does the first train get in to Aberdeen from Glasgow?

I think that’s a fair point to an extent, although you are talking about 1,200 travelling fans rather than potentially 20,000 for a semi final.

5 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

When Celtic and Rangers play up at Aberdeen on a Sunday what time does the first train get in to Aberdeen from Glasgow?

When Celtic and Rangers play at Aberdeen on a sunday there aren't 20,000 travelling from Glasgow to Aberdeen.

And the answer to your question is 11.45am.

9 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

League games are incomparable, that's why Aberdeen aren't complaining about the 12:15 KO for the league game in Kilmarnock on Sunday 4th November.

35 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

So Celtic are just being awkward?

I assume macy was replying to me but I have his ramblings on ignore. Celtic have the advantage of having their own end, a minor psychological one but still an advantage. in this situation they'd likely have 40K+ fans because of the kick off times

31 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Whats that got to do with creating a neutral semi final where each club should have the best opportunity to fill 50% of the stadium with their fans?