league cup - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 hours ago, macy37 said:

They play in Europe on the Thursday, at home granted however if they’d been told to play on the Saturday do you really think they’d have said aye no trouble especially after the way they have ahem been “treated”? 😂

So why would Sevco get a say, and Aberdeen and Hearts don't?

58 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

So why would Sevco get a say, and Aberdeen and Hearts don't?

Aberdeen and Hearts did have a say. They were at the meeting that decided the fixtures. 

The club statements since have all been about passing the blame elsewhere. 

The solution found is poor for supporters especially. But when have the SPFL or the clubs given a toss about that? It's all about the money. 

6 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Excellent article by Boyd this morning.  Couldn't argue with any of it tbh.

Yeah, loved the bit about Aberdeen fans not being able to behave. We all know that this is not the reason why Glasgow's finest want the fans from the early game out of town ASAP!!

1 minute ago, Stokesy said:

The Boyd article is the type of drivel I would expect to see from Katie Hopkins. It's clickbait nonsense that is designed to be unnecessarily inflammatory with the sole purpose of winding people up.

Could have been worse.

Bawbag Barry MBE might have written it.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Could have been worse.

Bawbag Barry MBE might have written it.

I’ve always wondered how wee shell suit Baz now feels about his beloved club now that he’s bankrupt. 

Did he know what he was doing or did the club convince him and countless others sign up for their EBTs under the pretence they wouldn’t have to pay the tax.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I’ve always wondered how wee shell suit Baz now feels about his beloved club now that he’s bankrupt. 

Did he know what he was doing or did the club convince him and countless others sign up for their EBTs under the pretence they wouldn’t have to pay the tax.

I think you'll find that most football players from working class backgrounds are fully conversant with the rules surrounding taxable income, the avoidance and or evasion of.

18 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Aberdeen and Hearts did have a say. They were at the meeting that decided the fixtures. 

No they didnt, and no they weren’t. They were at a meeting at which they were told the date and fixtures the had already been decided. Who precisely was in the meeting you outline above is less clear, but Hearts and Aberdeen certainly weren’t. 

17 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Cant remember what the topic was, but Michael Stewart was debating something with Kris Boyd, and it was pretty fucking comical. Boyds a borderline retard, he shouldnt be given airtime or a column, he offers absolutely nothing.

I love him.  Top scorer in SPL ever.  I will listen to him over non football ex players every time.  The editors he works for are happy with him so that says it all.  But he will have critics like you who are entiled to criticise.  But his Sun atricle on Friday was spot on.

6 hours ago, Pool Q said:

No they didnt, and no they weren’t. They were at a meeting at which they were told the date and fixtures the had already been decided. Who precisely was in the meeting you outline above is less clear, but Hearts and Aberdeen certainly weren’t. 

I know someone (a neutral) at one of the meetings - and what you say above is absolutely correct.

6 hours ago, kumnio said:

Cant remember what the topic was, but Michael Stewart was debating something with Kris Boyd, and it was pretty fucking comical. Boyds a borderline retard, he shouldnt be given airtime or a column, he offers absolutely nothing.

The thing about Boyd is, he genuinely seems to think he is clever.

Alex Rae is even worse mind, the guy can barely put three words together.

6 hours ago, kumnio said:

He had Charlie Adam in knots at one point too. I’m sure it was about the decisions have been going against Rangers for years debacle a few weeks back on sportsound 

Was there not a big argument between Mikey Stewart and Billy strugglin’ Strugglin’ Broon on sportsound over something a few years back too?

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

He had Charlie Adam in knots at one point too. I’m sure it was about the decisions have been going against Rangers for years debacle a few weeks back on sportsound 

Was there not a big argument between Mikey Stewart and Billy strugglin’ Strugglin’ Broon on sportsound over something a few years back too?

Really like Michael Stewart, he's a rare example of a footballer with some brains in his noggin.

Same goes for Stevie Thompson too, Thompson can also take a joke at his expense and laugh rather than taking the huff.

15 hours ago, kumnio said:

I can understand when they have him on the likes of sportsound after killie beat Celtic but I don’t think he should be spouting the shite he does in his column. He’s extremely opinionated with absolutely nothing to back up those opinions. 

He and Alex Rae are nothing more than staunch huns who could kick a ball. I find myself cringing when they talk and I almost feel sorry for them when they make completes idiots of themselves.

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Boyd talks utter shite 

It’s no surprise to see rolling hills agreeing with an article written by an idiot in a paper for idiots. 

I wouldn’t care how many goals Boyd scored for my team, his fan boy attitude towards rangers would make me want him out. It’s totally disrespectful and unprofessional. I’m genuinely surprised Clarke allows it

Edited by vanderark14

9 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I remember the Charlie Adam interview. I got to the point of thinking, please someone cut off the phone line before Charlie makes a bigger ass of himself.

come to think of it, it’s almost like the bbc do it on purpose, find the daftest hun they can to interview and let them make a cunt of themselves 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

It’s no surprise to see rolling hills agreeing with an article written by an idiot in a paper for idiots. 

I wouldn’t care how many goals Boyd scored for my team, his fan boy attitude towards rangers would make me want him out. It’s totally disrespectful and unprofessional. I’m genuinely surprised Clarke allows it

I'm much the same, I'm fed up with him.

Cunt's lucky to make the bench for us these days, can't get near the pitch.