league cup - Page 16 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

ScotRail ‏Verified account @ScotRail 57m57 minutes ago
A number of customers have been in touch with us about the Scottish League Cup semi-final between Aberdeen and Rangers at Hampden Park on Sunday, 28 October.

ScotRail ‏Verified account @ScotRail 57m57 minutes ago
The @SPFL is well aware from previous events of the logistical challenges an early kick-off presents, particularly for Sunday morning services from Aberdeen.

ScotRail‏ Verified account @ScotRail 57m57 minutes ago
Our events team wasn't consulted by the @SPFL in advance of its announcement, which is disappointing. The SPFL has only now been in touch after the announcement.

ScotRail Verified account @ScotRail 57m57 minutes ago
We'll assess all options to see what, if anything, is possible in relation to additional services. But the logistical challenges this presents shouldn't be underestimated.

Even Scotrail taking the pish ffs

21 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

That’s funny, because I remember seeing Hibs beat St Johnstone in the League Cup semi at Tynecastle.

Also had numerous LC semis at Easter Road.

So the point stands, as long as the OF sent inconvinenced, everything’s hunky-dory.

J

Nah the reason for semis and finals involving Rangers and Celtic being there is because they fill the stadium every time.

13 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Not fair on Aberdeen fans in my opinion. Not sure what other alternatives there were but I am sure something could have been sorted. Why not  a  5pm kick of on the Saturday?. We are at home on Thursday and I am sure that would have been enough recovery time.

Nae work the next day, drinking all morning and afternoon,  Aberdeen and or (more likely)Rangers fans wreck the joint whether they win or lose, which in my opinion would happen unfortunately due to the amount of consumed alcohol/Rage depending on score, knowing they still have plenty of beer time after the match then no doubt more damage.

Dont really think Saturday teatime would be the best idea...plus, would this not collide with EPL TV on Sky.

Sunday morning/Evening kick offs probably will eliminate most of this scenario as most have work, school the next day..The polis would have been well happy with this solution.

P,s  Would this still not have been the fixture times even if the OF were not involved?

Like many others who have already commented, I think the SPFL have cocked this one up. However, I believe the real turd in the hamper here is UEFA with their stupid Thursday night rule for Europa cup matches because Tuesday & Wednesday is reserved for their precious champions league. I notice a few Europa cup games occasionally get played on Tuesday or Wednesday (possibly to avoid 2 Europa cup games taking place in the same city in the same evening). Perhaps Celtic or rangers could arrange, with the sacred UEFA’s permission, to reschedule one or both of their Europa games to Tuesday or Wednesday. I daresay Dynamo Poznan or whoever they’re playing wouldn’t mind. Then we wouldn’t have this debacle of trying to shoehorn in 2 games on a Sunday. 

47 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

P,s  Would this still not have been the fixture times even if the OF were not involved?

One would’ve been on the Saturday as St Johnstone or Ayr aren’t playing on the Thursday.

Interestingly though, Celtic would’ve been playing Motherwell in the league on Sunday at Parkhead, so if Rangers were in the semis and Celtic weren’t, we’d have had 110,000 fans in Glasgow that afternoon.

:lol:

My vote now would be...

Aberdeen v Sevco @Hampden @ 7:45pm on Saturday

Hearts v Celtic @ Hampden @ 3:00pm on Sunday

Everybody would be happy except Sevco who would lose a few hours 'rest', but lets be honest, they're getting pumped anyway.

(Should be paying me the 200K)

24 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

My vote now would be...

Aberdeen v Sevco @Hampden @ 7:45pm on Saturday

Hearts v Celtic @ Hampden @ 3:00pm on Sunday

Everybody would be happy except Sevco who would lose a few hours 'rest', but lets be honest, they're getting pumped anyway.

(Should be paying me the 200K)

Sorry Scotty, but circa 10-15k Aberdeen fans in Glasgow on a Saturday is a bigger recipe for disaster. 

At least 1-2k would stay over for the night and it wouldn’t well. 

This situation would be the perfect one for all clubs in Scotland to stand up up to these “whenever sky/BTcan fit us in”kick off times. 

Instead we’ve got one side justifiably moaning about being shafted and the other moaning justifiably because they have to go to pittodrie and the likes for early kick offs regularly. Aberdeen have been victims of this over the last few years to, in fact the SPFL in their infinite wisdom have Aberdeen going to Kilmarnock next Sunday at 12.15pm.

the bottom line is, every fan is on the same page but we’re stuck arguing about who has it worse. Just because Celtic went to pittodrie on Boxing Day doesn’t make it right. We all get shafted.

Id love to see a complete boycott of both matches but there’s more chance of me landing on the moon.

7 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

You think Hearts and Aberdeen agreed to their time slots?

What makes Sevco special?

They play in Europe on the Thursday, at home granted however if they’d been told to play on the Saturday do you really think they’d have said aye no trouble especially after the way they have ahem been “treated”? 😂

12 hours ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

Like many others who have already commented, I think the SPFL have cocked this one up. However, I believe the real turd in the hamper here is UEFA with their stupid Thursday night rule for Europa cup matches because Tuesday & Wednesday is reserved for their precious champions league. I notice a few Europa cup games occasionally get played on Tuesday or Wednesday (possibly to avoid 2 Europa cup games taking place in the same city in the same evening). Perhaps Celtic or rangers could arrange, with the sacred UEFA’s permission, to reschedule one or both of their Europa games to Tuesday or Wednesday. I daresay Dynamo Poznan or whoever they’re playing wouldn’t mind. Then we wouldn’t have this debacle of trying to shoehorn in 2 games on a Sunday. 

I disagree with it being UEFAs fault. The SPFL did not have to schedule the semi finals the weekend after a CL and Europa League week. The schedule of these games is known well in advance so they knew exactly when these games were going to be before they scheduled our fixtures. Why didn't the SPFL make the semi finals for the following weekend? If they did then we wouldn't have this issue as we could play one game on the sat and one on the Sunday. Also why schedule a full fixture card for the midweek after these games? You know you are going to have to postpone games for the semi finals, why not keep the midweek free and then just move the postponed games back 3/4 days instead of having to try and slot them in a couple of months later? A little bit of common sense is all that's needed.

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

I disagree with it being UEFAs fault. The SPFL did not have to schedule the semi finals the weekend after a CL and Europa League week. The schedule of these games is known well in advance so they knew exactly when these games were going to be before they scheduled our fixtures. 

One thing's for sure it'll be the first thing they check for next season!

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

This situation would be the perfect one for all clubs in Scotland to stand up up to these “whenever sky/BTcan fit us in”kick off times. 

Instead we’ve got one side justifiably moaning about being shafted and the other moaning justifiably because they have to go to pittodrie and the likes for early kick offs regularly. Aberdeen have been victims of this over the last few years to, in fact the SPFL in their infinite wisdom have Aberdeen going to Kilmarnock next Sunday at 12.15pm.

the bottom line is, every fan is on the same page but we’re stuck arguing about who has it worse. Just because Celtic went to pittodrie on Boxing Day doesn’t make it right. We all get shafted.

Id love to see a complete boycott of both matches but there’s more chance of me landing on the moon.

Spot on

1 hour ago, theweestevie said:

I disagree with it being UEFAs fault. The SPFL did not have to schedule the semi finals the weekend after a CL and Europa League week. The schedule of these games is known well in advance so they knew exactly when these games were going to be before they scheduled our fixtures. Why didn't the SPFL make the semi finals for the following weekend? If they did then we wouldn't have this issue as we could play one game on the sat and one on the Sunday. Also why schedule a full fixture card for the midweek after these games? You know you are going to have to postpone games for the semi finals, why not keep the midweek free and then just move the postponed games back 3/4 days instead of having to try and slot them in a couple of months later? A little bit of common sense is all that's needed.

This is the bit that gets to me. Any idiot should be able to look at a calendar and make sure that this situation doesn't occur.