league cup - Page 14 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The games have to be played at Hampden contractually. 

They would need to rearrange an entire round of fixtures to change the dates. 

None of this changes the lack of forward planning. 

And isn't there constant greetin on here about treating football fans with a bit more dignity and as grown ups? Maybe this is a test/trap to see if the fans can actually cope. 

Some amount of bedwetting going on here. The sheep can't get to Glasgow for kick off? Feck off and get a supporters bus or a lift. Glasgow fans have to do this in reverse for nearly every game at Todders. As for the diets not getting home till late on a Sunday? Again feck off, it's only Embra! Plenty of Celtic/Rangers fans will be travelling much further so let's not pretend this suits anyone any more or less.

The scheduling is at fault here and another example of the fucked up governance of our game but spare us the poor me pish!

And the only person to call it (without any form of acknowledgement from his scoffing peers) was the board's most insightful and astute poster... the TAMB's very own... SCOTTY CEE TEE AY!!! applause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gif  

9 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Anyway... Both games at Hampden on the Sunday.

One at Noon, and the other at night.

9 hours ago, Toepoke said:

No chance :P TPTB will agree to that.

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What planet do you live on? :P (in fact don't answer that)

There's not a country in the world that would have two semi finals in the same stadium on the same day. Logistical nightmare.

7 hours ago, aaid said:

I'm not sure there's anywhere in the world where they play any two professional games on the same grass pitch in one day :P let alone two cup semifinals.   Even playing two games on subsequent days is pushing it.

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Somewhere that's sane. :P

So how does me being 'insane' jive with me being right?

(Bit of a conundrum there.) :wave:

(Anyway, Dons get the short end of the stick again. Why couldn't the team travelling the furthest get the night game?)

4 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

And the only person to call it (without any form of acknowledgement from his scoffing peers) was the board's most insightful and astute poster... the TAMB's very own... SCOTTY CEE TEE AY!!! applause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gifapplause.gif  

(Anyway, Dons get the short end of the stick again. Why couldn't the team travelling the furthest get the night game?)

Early ko suits me a lot better. I’d rather take my son down to Hampden and back in good time than have him not go/get home about 1am. 

Plus I don’t have any holidays left, so using a dentist appointment for after the semi and final may be pushing it slightly. 

2 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Yes, there's that.

(Bet he was loving Big Joe after the pens.)

Aye, he’s been banging on about getting a goalie kit again for a while, that’s it confirmed for Christmas. It’s actually the first time he’s sat and watched a whole night game with me, shattered by the end, even his ma went to bed before him :lol:

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Scott, trying to equate yourself to a decision made by Neil Doncaster and the SPLFL probably isn't the best way to prove your sanity. 

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

Scott, trying to equate yourself to a decision made by Neil Doncaster and the SPLFL probably isn't the best way to prove your sanity. 

I'm not, though.

Knowing them, it's something that I didn't put past them.

9 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Keep it short Scotty!!! No mentioning the moon and stars etc 😎

I did laugh.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I thought all 4 teams had been in the discussions that reached this decision? All she appears to have done is complain about the arrangements but not actually come up with any viable alternatives. 

This statement is just to shift any blame onto the SPFL. 

3 hours ago, slasher said:

Some amount of bedwetting going on here. The sheep can't get to Glasgow for kick off? Feck off and get a supporters bus or a lift. Glasgow fans have to do this in reverse for nearly every game at Todders. As for the diets not getting home till late on a Sunday? Again feck off, it's only Embra! Plenty of Celtic/Rangers fans will be travelling much further so let's not pretend this suits anyone any more or less.

The scheduling is at fault here and another example of the fucked up governance of our game but spare us the poor me pish!

At last we have a winner.

Mind will be funny if the first match goes to penalties. Quick turn around for the cleaners. 

Guest faircity
7 hours ago, slasher said:

Spice or crack? 

13 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Not fair on Aberdeen fans in my opinion. Not sure what other alternatives there were but I am sure something could have been sorted. Why not  a  5pm kick of on the Saturday?. We are at home on Thursday and I am sure that would have been enough recovery time.

As much as I agree that ALL teams should be able to play twice in three days, can you imagine the statement from rangers and every rangers supporters club if they were asked to play twice in three days?😂

41 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Not fair on Aberdeen fans in my opinion. Not sure what other alternatives there were but I am sure something could have been sorted. Why not  a  5pm kick of on the Saturday?. We are at home on Thursday and I am sure that would have been enough recovery time.

Hold on a second....I didn’t hear anyone crying about us having to get up to sheep land for midday on Boxing Day.

Fuck them, shit happens when you’re a hind.

25 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Hold on a second....I didn’t hear anyone crying about us having to get up to sheep land for midday on Boxing Day.

Fuck them, shit happens when you’re a hind.

I can’t believe I’m about to write this, but I agree. 

Theres plenty ways to get down to glasgow without using a train, for me, the ko time isn’t the issue. I would’ve been more pissed off going to a semi final at 7:45 on a Sunday night. 

9 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

hahaha fair play.

And would Dons getting home at 2am on a Monday be preferable?

25 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Theres plenty ways to get down to glasgow without using a train, for me, the ko time isn’t the issue. I would’ve been more pissed off going to a semi final at 7:45 on a Sunday night. 

Yep, especially if the game goes to extra time and penalties. In that case there will be a serious lack of public transport anywhere let alone back to Edinburgh...

44 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Macy is being very ignorant again, no surprises there

The kick off time is a problem whether people like it or not, I am quite sure there were some people on here and elsewhere agreeing that a boxing day fixture at that time is just as stupid. Just because the tims have had to travel for early kicks offs before does not make this recent decision the correct one. All fans should be united for once regarding kick off times like this, even more so for a cup semi final.

The authorities should want semi finals to be a spectacle, both sets of fans filling their end if possible with a full house. There is a chance of a full house at both semi finals but one set of supporters will completely dominate the other.