league cup - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

5 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

Not cool.  In which case we seem to have some bawbags in our support.
Always been proud that AFC "Stand Free" from such nonsense.

When I was still going, there was a small, but growing number, of young neds who seemed to find it amusing to try and start the song about Scott Brown's sister too...

9 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

Not cool.  In which case we seem to have some bawbags in our support.
Always been proud that AFC "Stand Free" from such nonsense.

It certainly wasn't the entire away end singing orange order numbers.
First I heard of it was on here 😞

Thought your fans were great throughout the game.  It definitely was the vast majority of your support though.  Was at the point of Lewis getting interviewed on TV.

1 minute ago, giblet said:

Thought your fans were great throughout the game.  It definitely was the vast majority of your support though.  Was at the point of Lewis getting interviewed on TV.

It was needless and rather disappointing.

Having said that, Lennon would likely be one in the actual definition of the word, no?

Edited by Cove_Sheep

6 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

It was needless and rather disappointing.

Having said that, Lennon would likely be one in the actual definition of the word, no?

What?

I think he's a bit young to be "a member of the Irish Republican Brotherhood, a 19th-century revolutionary nationalist organization among the Irish in the US and Ireland. The Fenians staged an unsuccessful revolt in Ireland in 1867 and were responsible for isolated revolutionary acts against the British until the early 20th century, when they were gradually eclipsed by the IRA."

Edited by wee-toon-red

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Just days after Celtic fans sang about Kris Boyd being a Fat Orange Bastard repeatedly 

From where i was sitting Kris didnt seem too bothered, he was laughing and winding them up a wee bit.....

He got the last laugh at the end as well.....  :ok:

8 minutes ago, stocky said:

From where i was sitting Kris didnt seem too bothered, he was laughing and winding them up a wee bit.....

He got the last laugh at the end as well.....  :ok:

Aye, he wasn't giving a shit.

Celtic certainly rolled back the years with their songbook at the weekend. Suppose they can't exactly sing about Scotty Sinclair being wonderful or that anymore....

4 hours ago, giblet said:

Aye, I can see why you thought the ref had a good game. 😀

Just being honest. If one of our players was lucky i'd say so. The most contentious decision was regarding Mallon though and Hibs got lucky with it. So whinging about the ref just looks like Lennon's usual pathetic routine. 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Lucky win for us but I will take it against brazil 1970

:lol: 

Guest faircity
4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

both sets of players were guilty of persistant fouling throughout, it was a very physical match. Lucky win for us but I will take it against brazil 1970

The Brazil bit is so true. The Hibs go on about how superior they are, how shit Aberdeen are etc etc yet they very rarely ever beat that same shite team. 

Edited by faircity

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, he wasn't giving a shit.

Celtic certainly rolled back the years with their songbook at the weekend. Suppose they can't exactly sing about Scotty Sinclair being wonderful or that anymore....

That was the first time i have taken my wee wan tae see an Old Firm team and to be honest i didnt hear anything 'bad' only that big THUMPIN drum,   however my knowledge of' 'The Ditties' sung is very limited.

So they could have been singing old stuff as you say, but i had no idea what they were singing aboot.....  

He just said that Celtic fans are noisy........  he is only 6....   

When we were driving to the ground my son said he seen some Celtic fans who had flags with the face of the guy from master chef on them , it turned out to be the popes face on an Irish flag.

He also learned what the Palestine flag looks like and then claimed he thought the Celtic fans were singing a song he had heard at a boys brigade camp not sure what song that could have been but told him it was very unlikely.

10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Mallon I agree with but b with his constant shirt pulling and trips. I thought he was lucky to get into Extra Time still on the pitch. 

funny enough - when i looked up BBC Text - it showed him (ball) as Sent off after 105 mins  

12 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

funny enough - when i looked up BBC Text - it showed him (ball) as Sent off after 105 mins  

He got a straight red on sky updates too, when it was infact a yellow. 

I put it down to being ill informed English text who didn’t really give two fucks about the match.