league cup - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

55 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Sorry Scotty. No idea why it's quoted you here. 

Not an issue. :)

55 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

First time I've seen Aberdeen this season and wasn't impressed. Hibs were easily the better team and only have themselves to blame for going out. 

Agreed, but there's a certain satisfaction from winning a poker pot with a bad hand. 

11 minutes ago, giblet said:

One last thought, pretty shocking at the end to hear Aberdeen fans singing Lennons a sad Fenian bastard. Wtf is that all about?

Was at the game with my wee boy in Aberdeen end (his first ever game).
Heard plenty bad language but not this : if anyone was singing it cant have been more than a 2 or 3 bampots.
Most of them were too busy calling him a kunt 😉

FWIW : I met Lennon in a pub about 10-15 years ago while he was playing for Celtic.
Good dude and happy to chat football with couple of pissed up lads.

1 minute ago, Haggis_trap said:

Was at the game with my wee boy in Aberdeen end (his first ever game).
Heard plenty bad language but not this : if anyone was singing it cant have been more than a 2 or 3 bampots.
Most of them were too busy calling him a kunt 😉

FWIW : I met Lennon in a pub about 10-15 years ago while he was playing for Celtic.
Good dude and happy to chat football with couple of pissed up lads.

It was pretty much your whole fans right at the end as the players left the pitch.

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Deliberate handball not a booking?

Not all the time, or every penalised handball would require one under the laws of the game.

Only mandatory in these circumstances:

• handles the ball to interfere with or stop a promising attack
  • handles the ball in an attempt to score a goal (whether or not the attempt is successful) or in an unsuccessful attempt to prevent a goal

By attempt to score a goal, they mean basically doing a Maradona.

Only seen the second half and then ET and pens. Thought it was a good game for a 0 v 0, Hibs looked far superior but there finishing was poor. As was Aberdeen’s mind you. Still astonished Stevie Mays gets a game 😂

Shinne should have been sent off for sure but does look like Aberdeens best player these days

7 hours ago, giblet said:

Thought it was a cracking cup tie.  We should have scored 2 or 3. Referee was shocking, how Aberdeen finished with 11 players is a mystery. 

Mackay Steven let himself down with his theatrics once again and I see Shinnie had developed his own cloak of invisibility when it comes to avoiding censure for persistent fouling. That aside, I thought he was Aberdeen’s best player by a country mile.

For us, delighted with Milligan’s home debut, definitely what we have been needing.  Porteous is going to be some player for us as well.

Ach, It’s a diddy cup anyway. 😏

The only player who should've been sent off was Mallon, so take the blinkers off. 

Ref had a pretty good game I thought. Which is more than I can say about anyone in the Aberdeen team. 

56 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The only player who should've been sent off was Mallon, so take the blinkers off. 

Ref had a pretty good game I thought. Which is more than I can say about anyone in the Aberdeen team. 

Aye, I can see why you thought the ref had a good game. 😀

Edited by giblet

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Mallon I agree with but Ball could have been booked about 4 times with his constant shirt pulling and trips. I thought he was lucky to get into Extra Time still on the pitch. 

The only thing he really missed for me was the stick on caution for Shinnie right at the extra-time.

Lennon's comments are odd. Particularly about the disallowed goals.

both sets of players were guilty of persistant fouling throughout, it was a very physical match. Lucky win for us but I will take it against brazil 1970

8 hours ago, giblet said:

It was pretty much your whole fans right at the end as the players left the pitch.

Sorry - but that is complete and utter nonsense.
Stayed until end of the game and clapped team off park after the shoot out.

Had a 4 year old boy with me, so would have been sensitive to such behaviour.
Heard plenty swear words during game but certainly no sectarian terms.

Edited by Haggis_trap

4 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

Sorry - but that is complete and utter nonsense.
Stayed until end of the game and clapped team off park after the shoot out.

Had a 4 year old boy with me, so would have been sensitive to such behaviour.
Heard plenty swear words during game but certainly no sectarian terms.

It was heard on the TV coverage unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Correct,

I do find it fucking hularious watching tims and huns get all hot and bothered about one incident so they can point the finger. It makes them just a pathetic as the losers singing at lennon.

Edited by vanderark14

9 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Not cool.  In which case we seem to have some bawbags in our support.
Always been proud that AFC "Stand Free" from such nonsense.

It certainly wasn't the entire away end singing orange order numbers.
First I heard of it was on here 😞