league cup - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

37 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Any decent pubs appeared since they were last in SPL?

Not that I know of. I went last season and think the closest one is still the one up by the Livi North train station........and it’s no even decent. 

36 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Don’t make the same mistake me and Marky who posts on here made.

Got the train to Livvy North went to the Saltire next to the station ( good pub ) then got a cab 20 minutes before kick off, went about 200 yards and got stuck in traffic due to the massive Saints support,ended up walking and missed the kick off. 

2 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

🤣🤣

Edited to say only difference is I thought the pub was ok 😀

🤣

Nah it was a Harvester/Beefeater type effort. Soulless. It sold beer though, so it wasnae all bad. 

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

closest one is up the stairs behind the stand on the right as you look at the stadium entrance and turn right past Bubbles.  That is a Beefeater type venue, but its very walkable.  I think there is actually one now in the stadium to the left of the main entrance, might be worth an enquiry as it maybe just for home fans. The Livingston Inn is another that is walkable( 1 mile).  This is the one that I would recommend as they have Sky and decent grub.

There are two great pubs in Mid Calder, the tap shop and the black bull, they would be worth a shout before the game (would need transport though).  Another potential pre match one is in Bellsquary, again, you cant walk from there, unless you fancy a hike.

Edited by giblet

When we were at Livvy last season the traffic was utter chaos due to 2,000 travelling fans, how do they cope when the Old firm, Hearts and Hibs visit with treble that support?

Around half the Saints support missed the kick off. 

9 hours ago, giblet said:

closest one is up the stairs behind the stand on the right as you look at the stadium entrance and turn right past Bubbles.  That is a Beefeater type venue, but its very walkable.  I think there is actually one now in the stadium to the left of the main entrance, might be worth an enquiry as it maybe just for home fans. The Livingston Inn is another that is walkable( 1 mile).  This is the one that I would recommend as they have Sky and decent grub.

There are two great pubs in Mid Calder, the tap shop and the black bull, they would be worth a shout before the game (would need transport though).  Another potential pre match one is in Bellsquary, again, you cant walk from there, unless you fancy a hike.

What's the best shout for before game for a bus to stop at? Mid Calder or West Calder? Purely based on decent pubs and ease of getting to stadium after Hearts game. 

2 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

When we were at Livvy last season the traffic was utter chaos due to 2,000 travelling fans, how do they cope when the Old firm, Hearts and Hibs visit with treble that support?

Around half the Saints support missed the kick off. 

I think we're expecting about 1,500 tomorrow so fuck knows what it'll be like!

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What's the best shout for before game for a bus to stop at? Mid Calder or West Calder? Purely based on decent pubs and ease of getting to stadium after Hearts game. 

Think Tap Shop in Mid Calder would be your best shout.  Its a football pub, has a Tartan army supporters bus I think?

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I think we're expecting about 1,500 tomorrow so fuck knows what it'll be like!

Get your bus to drop you off at the Livingston Civic Centre rather than the stadium, its a short walk to the away stand. 

Great first half performance by Aberdeen. Full of energy and never let St Mirren settle, not that they appeared to have any interest in the cup. 

Most unselfish piece of football I’ve seen in a long time by Scott Wright to set up May for his goal. 

Rounded the keeper, empty net gaping and he squared it to May as he knew how much he needed a goal, great team player. 

Went to Livi, not much football played. I blame the pitch, you couldn’t play football on that, looked like they’d got carried away with the wee black pellets and made it like a sand pit.

Strangely the game kicked off at 255, we’d queued 20 minutes to get in just before 3, but the game had already started, they appear to have just let everyone in an exit just after 3 (the queue outside was the same length as it had been when we joined as we went in).

Might explain the official attendance of 1900 as I’d have estimated the ‘well support alone was about that.