league cup - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I'm highly confident Boyd WILL be top scorer again and will doubtless keep getting ignored by Scotland whilst a forward line with 3 goals between them is named again 😕

And yes surely only punishment for Hearts is the awarding on the tie 3-0 to Cove

And HOORAY!

Penalties scoreline yesterday:

EAST FIFE FOUR FORFAR FIVE !!!!

3 hours ago, XB52 said:

Hearts docked 2 points and £8000 fine. Still got a chance to qualify now

Baffled at the 2 point deduction? But then again this is the Scottish football governing bodies. Any chance to make a hash of things they would.

So Hearts still got the equivalent of a draw and Cove get nothing?

Bonkers.

J

Heading through tonight for Spartans vs Killie at Ainslie Park.

Another one crossed off the list of grounds. Would have preferred to have seen us play Edinburgh City there as they are the league side but that leaves me 4 to complete the set having seen killie play there.

Montrose, Arbroath, Albion & Forfar.

Don't think we've played any of them in competitive games away from home in almost 30 years. Think Albion was the 1970s!

Edited by Squirrelhumper

44 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Another one crossed off the list of grounds. Would have preferred to have seen us play Edinburgh City there as they are the league side but that leaves me 4 to complete the set having seen killie play there.

Don't think we've played any of them in competitive games away from home in almost 30 years. Think Albion was the 1970s!

I was about to say bollocks but it turns out I’m older than I think, having gone to Montrose, Forfar and Arbroath in the mid 80’s lower league years 😂

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You can’t call it a football ground. It’s a soulless place. 

3rd penalty shoot out win in a row for St Mirren. By all accounts very lucky last night against QP. 

Our championship winning side from last season has been dismantled ( including the management team ) don’t think in all of my years of following St Mirren I’ve went from such a high to a low in such a short period of time.

Giving Stubbs a 3 year contract could turn out to be a costly mistake 😢

8 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Livingston v Motherwell

Dundee v Ayr United

Dunfermline v Hearts

Kilmarnock v Rangers

Aberdeen v St Mirren

Partick Thistle v Celtic

Hibernian v Ross County

Queen of the South v St Johnstone

Some good ties there.  Boyd will be looking forward to it!

Has any of the top league teams announced the ticket prices for their matches yet?

Aberdeen have just put theirs out, £22, no discount for season tickets or dna members. 

Theyll be lucky to have 5,000 there next week. 

Pricing fans out of football yet again. 

5 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Has any of the top league teams announced the ticket prices for their matches yet?

Aberdeen have just put theirs out, £22, no discount for season tickets or dna members. 

we are £18 and £5 at Dunfermline.

games at Tynecastle in the groups were £15 and £5 and up at Cove it was £10 and £5. 

1 hour ago, hannibal smith said:

we are £18 and £5 at Dunfermline.

games at Tynecastle in the groups were £15 and £5 and up at Cove it was £10 and £5. 

Cheers, I’ll quote some other prices in my angry, although pointless email. 

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

£20 Adults 

£10 Concessions 

£5 U12

Killie vs Rangers 

Looks like Livi haven’t announced prices yet, Motherwell appear to push for £15 and £5 for these games, but maybe Livi want higher?

If you’re looking for a game to quote, was it not £15/5 for Motherwell v Aberdeen in 1/4 last year?

Usually midweek mind you.

10 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Looks like Livi haven’t announced prices yet, Motherwell appear to push for £15 and £5 for these games, but maybe Livi want higher?

If you’re looking for a game to quote, was it not £15/5 for Motherwell v Aberdeen in 1/4 last year?

Usually midweek mind you.

Livi are charging us £24 for adults and £16 for kids on Saturday so good luck with that!

No wonder nobody watches them.

10 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Livi are charging us £24 for adults and £16 for kids on Saturday so good luck with that!

No wonder nobody watches them.

You’d think Livi of all sides should be looking at getting away fans in, as that’ll be 2/3rds the crowd at a lot of their games.

I don’t mind Livi as an away game, it’s one of the easiest grounds to get in and out and we generally take a decent crowd through.

I’d take my wee boy there if they price it well, but I’m not paying £16 for a 5 year old, so probably won’t go at all.

Hopefully the cup game is priced a bit more sensibly.

Although they have to charge home fans the same, I presume they do cheap season tickets for kids and families, but have high PATG prices.