league cup - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Thought it was pretty entertaining given the ‘ world class ‘ football on show the last few weeks. The seagulls added a different dimension too 🙂

Really glad to see The Buddies holding up so well, especially given  the changes at the club. They played some good football but their inabilty to finish looks a concern. Coulson looked good. 

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Interesting that Steven MacLean played for Hearts tonight at Cove on an artificial pitch.

@Ormond didn't Tommy Wright say he couldn't play on them?

He never said he couldn’t. He said he was selective on which plastic parks he could play him.

24 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

What's the punishment for fielding an illegible player?

If it's the Scottish Cup then it is expulsion - no debate

Numerous examples in recent History

With the League Cup being a league format i'd guess it's more than likely Cove will be awared the tie and points

24 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Hibs take a 5 goal lead into the 2nd leg of a European tie while hertz cheat to get a result at Cove Rangers, excellent stuff from Levein and Budge. The club that keeps giving (unless you’re a charity)

Just as well you have that 5 goal lead !!! 

On 7/19/2018 at 11:44 PM, sbcmfc said:

I always think the punishments handed out for these admin errors are a bit OTT, in many cases it has little or no impact on the game.

Having said that, they have plenty precedent to hammer Hearts.

I imagine the points will be awarded to Cove and Hearts will also get a fine. I'd be shocked if the punishment was anything else.

That will have a big impact on the group as Caley Thistle could have the group won before the final game against Hearts.