Englands Perfect Storm - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Englands Perfect Storm

On 7/13/2018 at 2:47 PM, ParisInAKilt said:

I think England have a reasonable chance of having a proper “golden generation” in the coming years and with that a chance of winning a World Cup or European championship. 

They’ve had some success at recent youth championships and have promising young players abroad now. 

None of their youths will play for their clubs and will end up ebbing away

13 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

Wanted to update the won, lost, drew.

w3, d1, l3

What heroes these three lions are. Bring England town to a stand still for these warriors, let us worship them from the rooftops. 

What a total arse you are coming across as.

On 7/15/2018 at 4:32 AM, Toepoke said:

:lol:

37202222_2077972472276715_89667972790715

to be fair its 0.9 shots per 90 minutes more than Scotland have achieved at a finals for a little while. had a ball down here, beer and sunshine. you really should try it some time 😉

4 minutes ago, Nobby said:

to be fair its 0.9 shots per 90 minutes more than Scotland have achieved at a finals for a little while. had a ball down here, beer and sunshine. you really should try it some time 😉

Would have loved Scotland to be in your position this summer.  I do think though when you step back and analyse Englands game, the picture isnt as rosey as its being portrayed.  You'll never have a better chance of a final than this tournament.  A missed moment of history I think for you.

25 minutes ago, giblet said:

Would have loved Scotland to be in your position this summer.  I do think though when you step back and analyse Englands game, the picture isnt as rosey as its being portrayed.  You'll never have a better chance of a final than this tournament.  A missed moment of history I think for you.

Probably. We were about 15 minutes from the final but to say we'll never have a better chance, maybe yes maybe no !. We would've been battered by France in the final anyway (probably) we had a young team attempting to play football, a team with no superstars but playing as a team and they'll get better. The next Euros (should we qualify) will be a better time to  judge  this team. We have youth teams winning their age group world cups so its not looking to bad for England at the moment.  2020 also  gives Harry Winks a couple of seasons to turn into the midfield general we are missing 😉

So to conclude England are dangerous from set plays and the penalty spot. Well organised and a bit stuffy. Difficult to break down. Lacking creativity in the middle of the park and up front in opem play. A bit like  burnley in the premier league. Not really a team likely to make it to another semi final. 

59 minutes ago, gusmac said:

So to conclude England are dangerous from set plays and the penalty spot. Well organised and a bit stuffy. Difficult to break down. Lacking creativity in the middle of the park and up front in opem play. A bit like  burnley in the premier league. Not really a team likely to make it to another semi final. 

Did you miss my Harry winks comment ? On the bright side I look forward to discussing England’s chances with the tamb again. 

Let’s hope Scotland qualify so we can include you in the discussion 😘