Ferry from Bari to Durres - party in Bari - Page 2 - Albania V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ferry from Bari to Durres - party in Bari

emiliano bari

On 8/8/2018 at 3:39 PM, wanderer said:

I am booked on the 8:05 from Rome that gets in for 12:00-ish, that is about the only fast train that gets you in on time, as the next one does not get in to 7pm, which is maybe a little on the tight side.

Ended up booking the later one (7pm arrival) - The other boys haven't been to Rome, so decided to have the morning there, rather than afternoon in Bari. Should have plenty of time to get to the boat...

15 hours ago, Rorinho said:

Ended up booking the later one (7pm arrival) - The other boys haven't been to Rome, so decided to have the morning there, rather than afternoon in Bari. Should have plenty of time to get to the boat...

Should be ok.... from what I understand the boat starts boarding 1.5hours before departure (20:30) and Bari is not all that big, so arriving at 7pm should see you make it in time.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:27 AM, wanderer said:

Should be ok.... from what I understand the boat starts boarding 1.5hours before departure (20:30) and Bari is not all that big, so arriving at 7pm should see you make it in time.

My confirmation says it wants you at the port to check in 4 hours prior to the ferry.

I think this may be a bit exaggerated however considering that it's going from EU to outside EU plus South Italy having serious illegal immigration issues it may be good to try and get there as soon as possible.

Just something to think about if anyone is cutting it fine!

11 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

My confirmation says it wants you at the port to check in 4 hours prior to the ferry.

I think this may be a bit exaggerated however considering that it's going from EU to outside EU plus South Italy having serious illegal immigration issues it may be good to try and get there as soon as possible.

Just something to think about if anyone is cutting it fine!

Hidden in the small print of my booking ticket (I booked direct with the ferry company itself) I found this, "Check-in operations at the maritime terminal is mandatory at least 2 hours before the departure time. NOTES After that time, boarding procedure is not guaranteed."

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, STARSKY said:

Were getting the train from Brindisi arriving in Bari at lunchtime - Where are we all meeting up for a  :beer2: :beer2: before the Ferry on Thurs night ????

Me and my mate were gonna see if there were any boozers around the ferry port just so it's handy as there seems to be a lot of inconsistency between different sources of info for how early to be. However having no knowledge of Bari I'm hoping someone on here can shed better light on where best to start

2 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Me and my mate were gonna see if there were any boozers around the ferry port just so it's handy as there seems to be a lot of inconsistency between different sources of info for how early to be. However having no knowledge of Bari I'm hoping someone on here can shed better light on where best to start

We drank around the port in 2007 I'm sure.

6 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Guys I will back to Bari at 2 pm from work (I took half day off to be your resident guide eheh). I am thinking about where to stay for some beer and food.

So we can think to meet up there (there's a fountain in the square just in front of the main entrance) and then try go to eat something together.

From rail station and port you need 20 min. From center to Port 15 min. From old town to port 10 min.

For check in you need be there 1h 30 before...don't stress too much about it because is low season now ;).

I am writing a MP with my cell number. We are already 5-6 for tomorrow and in the train from Brindisi to Bari .

Hope to meet you all tomorrow ;) and write me in any case of need.