Ferry from Bari to Durres - party in Bari - Albania V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ferry from Bari to Durres - party in Bari

emiliano bari

Hi all guys, 

for whose will catch a ferry from Bari to Durres on the 15th or 16th night there is the possibility to plan something in here before.... and of course enjoy the ferry trip too.

Anyway, if you need any kind of help in Bari like where to sleep, how to reach Bari, where to eat and drink etc. let me know. I will try do my best for you. 

For anything you write me here or on Facebook (Emiliano Tartan Adailton). 

Given the seemingly infrequent busses from neighbouring cities to Shkoder apart from Tirana, this seems to have emerged as one of the better shouts in terms of travel for the game.

Anyone any access to train schedules Durres to Shkoder? The info I have found seems to be very limited and inconsistent so far.

Ferry link used would be appreciated too

Edited by N4Footsoldier
typo

From what I've read; if someone can afford to catch a furgon (a mini bus type vehicle?) then they do!

Seemingly the Albanians only use trains as an absolute last resort - due to the dreadful condition of the carriages, I suspect.

I got that far and never looked into schedules/reliability.

I almost always favour a train over a bus, but after my Thessalonika to Skopje journey all those years ago, I don't fancy another long journey in a carriage best described as an 'ashtray' pulled by a locomotive, which is what I suspect an Albanian train carriage will be.

Durres is only 45 minutes or so from Tirana, and ferry gets in for 8am, so if arriving on match day, more than possible to reach Tirana in time to get Davy’s buses.

Reading about, Durres is a resort town and seems to shut down in winter (which is a shame as it looks really nice and had it been earlier in the summer a full day would have been very tempting).

12 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

From what I've read; if someone can afford to catch a furgon (a mini bus type vehicle?) then they do!

Seemingly the Albanians only use trains as an absolute last resort - due to the dreadful condition of the carriages, I suspect.

I got that far and never looked into schedules/reliability.

I almost always favour a train over a bus, but after my Thessalonika to Skopje journey all those years ago, I don't fancy another long journey in a carriage best described as an 'ashtray' pulled by a locomotive, which is what I suspect an Albanian train carriage will be.

Albanians haven't had the displeasure of dealing with ScotRail so I reckon we'll be fine :D

I arrive into Bari on the Tuesday. I’m waiting on others I know booking to see which day I hop over. A stoat(stolen term fae McTeeko) around Bari for a day sounds braw though.

Edited by Ormond

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:12 PM, N4Footsoldier said:

Given the seemingly infrequent busses from neighbouring cities to Shkoder apart from Tirana, this seems to have emerged as one of the better shouts in terms of travel for the game.

Anyone any access to train schedules Durres to Shkoder? The info I have found seems to be very limited and inconsistent so far.

Ferry link used would be appreciated too

Don't even think about using trains in Albania.

14 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

And this would be for the bus to Shkoder I take it?

Still not sure the justification for not using the trains - is anyone else thinking of going by train?

We arrive in Durres at 8am on the Friday, and would be in Tirana for 9am-ish (if we get off the ferry fast enough), and we are all booked to stay in Tirana, then get DavyP bus on match day the next day.

Never really looked at trains, as having done trains in the Balkans before, it is seriously not a option to consider when you could either haggle a local taxi driver in Durres to take you for a good rate, or just head into Tirana, then make your way from there.

57 minutes ago, wanderer said:

We arrive in Durres at 8am on the Friday, and would be in Tirana for 9am-ish (if we get off the ferry fast enough), and we are all booked to stay in Tirana, then get DavyP bus on match day the next day.

Never really looked at trains, as having done trains in the Balkans before, it is seriously not a option to consider when you could either haggle a local taxi driver in Durres to take you for a good rate, or just head into Tirana, then make your way from there.

Fair point - I remember seeing stuff about trains being infrequent so would need to be prepared but the haggle a taxi option is a good route too. Cheers!

On 7/26/2018 at 11:43 PM, Ormond said:

I arrive into Bari on the Tuesday. I’m waiting on others I know booking to see which day I hop over. A stoat(stolen term fae McTeeko) around Bari for a day sounds braw though.

Ok pal, for anykind of help feel free to ask my help ;)...how many days you think stay here? 

On 7/27/2018 at 10:23 PM, brixton footsoldier said:

Matarese Bastardo!

See you in Tirana Emiliano.. been too long! 

Slainte

Mattarese fortunately died 3 years ago... now we are in 4th division after have played play off to get in 1st division and the following crack of last management. Napoli president bought our team now... hopefully we ll reborn stronger ehheeh..... 

see you in tirana or in Glasgow 3 days later... i have to choose to get an holidays week in scotlabd and watch the irsael match at hampden. in that case no time to go in Albania I think... will see ;)

1 hour ago, emiliano bari said:

are you arriving in Bari in the same days? 

I won’t have much time in Bari at all. I arrive late on the 13th, leave very early the next day for Rome, before getting back to Bari at 4pm on the 15th to catch the 10pm ferry that night.  

22 minutes ago, Rorinho said:

3 of us booked on the Thursday night ferry. Will probably get the train down from Rome early Thursday and spend the afternoon/evening in Bari

I am booked on the 8:05 from Rome that gets in for 12:00-ish, that is about the only fast train that gets you in on time, as the next one does not get in to 7pm, which is maybe a little on the tight side.

i think you will be around 20 people in the same boat and coming from Rome :). 

Anyway in that period of very low season ii is enough to go in the port for the check in 1h.30 - 2h afore. 

Anyway I will be there with you guys (hopefully to get the same ferry too). 

On 7/28/2018 at 1:49 PM, Ormond said: