Champions League Qualifiers - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Champions League Qualifiers

On 8/2/2018 at 8:51 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

SNP using their budget effectively here. Utter shambles.

200 Celtic fans there if you are lucky, mostly diehards who follow them everywhere and they get these 5 staring at them all game.

Not bad work if you can get it eh, we jolly to Norway on the team plane. £10k+ of taxpayers money on absolutely nothing.

it's okay though, that clown Mason will be happy.

Just started looking at that twitter feed, shows some pretty interesting interaction with the Police Scotland. John Mason coming off a total hypocrite and sophist in some of his tweets on it too. This guy is straight up talking about subjects he is struggling to grasp.

Edited by phart

3 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Only just realised Celtic are playing tonight. 

Good lick to them and hopefully a goal or two lead to take to Greece. 

Any of the key players missing? 

Boyata and Dembele out, otherwise a clean bill of health. Thanks for the good wishes! 😁

I won't be confident of going over there with anything less than a clean sheet and a two goal lead.

53 minutes ago, slasher said:

Boyata and Dembele out, otherwise a clean bill of health. Thanks for the good wishes! 😁

I won't be confident of going over there with anything less than a clean sheet and a two goal lead.

Think I agree with your summary based on previous scottish clubs experience over there. 

Celtic are good on the break though so will always be dangerous away from home. 

Wouldnt say it's all over as i believe Celtic will score over there - all is not lost but they have their work cut out

I also wouldnt go over there if someone paid me - their fans are sneaky scumbags

Aaaah disappointing result tonight. I thought McGregor, Forrest and Ntcham were excellent tonight but too many of the rest weren't up to the levels needed. It might have been alright too after a good first half if we hadn't lost such a stupid goal... ridiculous defending from Lustig and Ajer.

Anyway on balance I would say we're oot. They look streetwise and handy going forward and unless we defend much better we're fecked!

11 hours ago, slasher said:

Aaaah disappointing result tonight. I thought McGregor, Forrest and Ntcham were excellent tonight but too many of the rest weren't up to the levels needed. It might have been alright too after a good first half if we hadn't lost such a stupid goal... ridiculous defending from Lustig and Ajer.

Anyway on balance I would say we're oot. They look streetwise and handy going forward and unless we defend much better we're fecked!

Hendry looked very unsure of himself, Ajer played his worst game for us and Lustig, well the only thing I can say about him is that I'm astonished we haven't replaced him, it's criminal. Could quite easily see us collapsing over there next week and getting cuffed.

22 hours ago, Mox said:

Hendry looked very unsure of himself, Ajer played his worst game for us and Lustig, well the only thing I can say about him is that I'm astonished we haven't replaced him, it's criminal. Could quite easily see us collapsing over there next week and getting cuffed.

The lack of a replacement for Lustig is weird. He's just a shadow of the player he was. 

No rumours of a signing? 

Could be the end of the road for us tonight and I'm not confident at all. History tells you we will likely concede a couple of goals leaving us needing to score a couple to qualify.....doable but very difficult. If we get into the realms of having to chase the game at any point we're fecked, they will slaughter us on the counter.

A season in the Europa League and the inevitable inquest that will follow might help refocus some minds in the boardroom. I really thought when we signed Eddy we might be ready to show some real ambition but apparently not. The dafabet deal is reputedly worth £70m over 7 years but they seem more intent in investing in hotels, fancy lights and not the playing staff. I'll wait till the end of the window to judge but if we don't bring in at least 2 players capable of going straight into the team it's been a poor effort and even then maybe too little too late for Europe. 😏

1 hour ago, Mox said:

No Edouard, Dembele on the bench, a back 4 containing Lustig, Simunovic, Hendry and Griffith's up front? I'd be astonished if we went through.

Hmm  - wish i had known that before i took Celtic in my trebles and fourfolds