Champions League Qualifiers - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Champions League Qualifiers

3 minutes ago, exile said:

I guess I am just wary (glass half empty on this occasion), especially the away goals. Even Celtic are not through. A 2-0 reverse is not that unlikely if Celtic were to be complacent. If the 3 teams who lost goals at home all go out, it would put a different complexion on things. 

I think the four teams have good managers who won't be complacent.

22 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I think the four teams have good managers who won't be complacent.

And my glass is half full.  But not for long.  Oh drink oh drink you are a pest.  You often keep me from my rest.  You often turn my friends to foes.  But seeing as you are beneath my nose.  Cheerio.

43 minutes ago, exile said:

I guess I am just wary (glass half empty on this occasion), especially the away goals. Even Celtic are not through. A 2-0 reverse is not that unlikely if Celtic were to be complacent. If the 3 teams who lost goals at home all go out, it would put a different complexion on things. 

We will scud Rosenborg by 2 or 3 next week, they are fucking howling.

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

My hero kid.  I was at his funeral along with Craig Brown and Alex Ferguson.  You are obviously too young to know.  Maybe you should try reading in to Scotlands history.  Ever heard of Joe Jordan or Kenny Dalglish? 

I've heard of Kenny Dalglish aye, his time at Everton was legendary. Joe Jordan I know nothing about, never heard of the lad.

1 minute ago, slasher said:

Dreadful performance from Celtic so far. Fortunately Rosenborg are too shite to take advantage!

0-0 👍

Celtic have been all over the place defensively - surely can't be that poor in the second half.

Just now, Clyde1998 said:

Celtic have been all over the place defensively - surely can't be that poor in the second half.

I don't think you can blame the defence at all. The ball retention in front of them has been appalling and Sinclair's form is becoming a serious cause for concern.

Good that Celtic are though. Only two more rounds to go...

Looking at some of the other results, Ludogorets, Midtjylland and Legia Warsaw have gone out against sides which you'd expect them to beat (on paper, at least). Makes the potential play-off round fixture that little bit easier (again, on paper). Celtic's tie is guaranteed to be seeded in that round too.

8 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

Good that Celtic are though. Only two more rounds to go...

Looking at some of the other results, Ludogorets, Midtjylland and Legia Warsaw have gone out against sides which you'd expect them to beat (on paper, at least). Makes the potential play-off round fixture that little bit easier (again, on paper). Celtic's tie is guaranteed to be seeded in that round too.

I think Athens are probably better than most of the sides we could face in the play-off round.

Hopefully we will have a few more players back for those two matches too.

SNP using their budget effectively here. Utter shambles.

200 Celtic fans there if you are lucky, mostly diehards who follow them everywhere and they get these 5 staring at them all game.

Not bad work if you can get it eh, we jolly to Norway on the team plane. £10k+ of taxpayers money on absolutely nothing.

it's okay though, that clown Mason will be happy.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

Champions League Play-Off Round Draw -  Champions Path:

Seeded:

• RB Salzburg (AUT)/Shkendija (MKD)
  • PSV Eindhoven (NED)
  • Celtic (SCO)/AEK Athens (GRE)
  • Astana (KAZ)/Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)

Unseeded:

• Qarabağ (AZE)/BATE Borisov (BLR)
  • Young Boys (SUI)
  • Malmo (SWE)/Videoton (HUN)
  • Red Star Belgrade (SRB)/Spartak Trnava (SVK)

Champions League Play-Off Round Draw -  League Path:

Slightly different than usual here: to prevent a Russian and Ukrainian club being drawn against each other, the fixtures have already been determined with a draw being required to decide who will play at home first. The seeded team has been listed first below.

• Match 1: Benfica (POR)/Fenerbahçe (TUR) vs PAOK (GRE)/Spartak Moscow (RUS)
  • Match 2: Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)/Slavia Prague (CZE) vs Ajax (NED)/Standard Liège (BEL)
Edited by Clyde1998

Champions League Play-Off Round Draw - Champions Path:

• Red Star Belgrade (SRB)/Spartak Trnava (SVK) v RB Salzburg (AUT)/Shkendija (MKD)
  • Qarabağ (AZE)/BATE Borisov (BLR) v PSV Eindhoven (NED)
  • Young Boys (SUI) v Astana (KAZ)/Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
  • Malmo (SWE)/Videoton (HUN) v Celtic (SCO)/AEK Athens (GRE)

Champions League Play-Off Round Draw - League Path:

• Benfica (POR)/Fenerbahçe (TUR) v PAOK (GRE)/Spartak Moscow (RUS)
  • Ajax (NED)/Standard Liège (BEL) v Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)/Slavia Prague (CZE)
Edited by Clyde1998

On 8/2/2018 at 8:51 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

SNP using their budget effectively here. Utter shambles.

200 Celtic fans there if you are lucky, mostly diehards who follow them everywhere and they get these 5 staring at them all game.

Not bad work if you can get it eh, we jolly to Norway on the team plane. £10k+ of taxpayers money on absolutely nothing.

it's okay though, that clown Mason will be happy.

Their body language is a treat. 3 crossing their arms, one crossing their legs. They're all aware they're getting their picture taken and only two can look.