Champions League Qualifiers - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Champions League Qualifiers

18 minutes ago, slasher said:

Disappointing but not unexpected and totally self inflicted. A 90 minutes that showcased what we have and what we lack. It'll be interesting to see what reaction there is.

I won't be buying any Europa league tickets till I see something more than loan deals for some EPL kid who didn't make a 25 man squad. There's plenty money there, fuck the disco lights, get it spent!

Still not worked it out yet

It's all about being better than rangers to the board

Rodgers waking up to it

First premiership managerial sacking will be off

6 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Agree.  Getting closer to a level playing field.  Glad they are out.

To be fair, having scored 12 goals against your mob in the last three games, it could only get a wee bit closer stauncho. 

Looking forward to the Europa, always more interesting teams in there, also looking forward to not getting scudded 7-0 on at least a few occasions, not looking forward to potentially a third of the season being played on a Sunday, that is fucking grim.

Its always amazed me that managers are absolutely blind to certain aspects of their teams, yet every fan and pundit can see it.

Celtic defence has been an issue for years, in central defence, some German pensioner who is never fit, and Hendry who is liable to bloopers were never going to sort it, and Lustig and Gamboa as the right back options are pretty poor for what Celtic want to achieve. Saying that, they should have beat AEK in my opinion, wasteful in both games, and mistakes a plenty.

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Pathetic from Celtic. An embarrassment to Scotland. 

@macy37 Get it right up ye. 

I feel for decent guys as Celtic always are by far the nicer of the two big Weegie guns but for guys like Macy it is total egg on pussy time. What an embarrassment. 

Guest faircity

Flat track bullies, just like Scott Broon. The minute they come up against someone with the balls to take them on their arse collapses. 

To be fair it is a hard place to go

Rangers had not a bad side in 1994 when they lost 1-0 away there

Edited by Ally Bongo

8 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

To be fair it is a hard place to go

Rangers had not a bad side in 1994 when they lost 1-0 away there

We were fecking rancid in Europe back then though.  Pumped out by Levski Sofia the year before and then struggled to get past Anorthosis Famagusta before not winning a single game in the group stages the year after (including 2 spankings by Juve).

11 hours ago, Bino's said:

Still not worked it out yet

It's all about being better than rangers to the board

Rodgers waking up to it

First premiership managerial sacking will be off

Na, you're giving them too much credit. It's all about expanding the corporate identity and brand. Tory kvnts!

De Vries, Gamboa, Hendry, Compper, Kouassi, Hayes, Benyu and Musonda.

Rodgers has a cheek to moan about not being backed. When you see some of the players he spunked money on you can see why the club might be cautious!

And before anyone says it, I know he's bought Nicham etc but he's certainly hit or miss and must be close to more missed when it comes to signings.

17 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Rodgers has a cheek to moan about not being backed. When you see some of the players he spunked money on you can see why the club might be cautious!

And before anyone says it, I know he's bought Nicham etc but he's certainly hit or miss and must be close to more missed when it comes to signings.

My argument has always been the same, how much say does a manager really have? Our recruitment has been so scatty the last 10 years that I'd think the board and the recruitment team are more to blame, although that's not dissolving Rodgers of some of the blame.

13 minutes ago, Mox said:

My argument has always been the same, how much say does a manager really have? Our recruitment has been so scatty the last 10 years that I'd think the board and the recruitment team are more to blame, although that's not dissolving Rodgers of some of the blame.

See your head of recruitment? He's Rodgers pal.

He was also hunted out Sunderland for being an utter disaster.

32 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Rodgers argument is that if players are identified and within budget it's up to Lawell to bring them in and as Moxy says I doubt he was responsible for all of them, certainly not Kouassi and Benyu. In the last 2 windows we've dallied and lost out on 3 players who could have made a difference, Benkovic, Schaar and McGinn. In all three cases Lawell decided to play a waiting game and lost out.