Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 87 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

Did you see Tom cairneys dive?  Pathetic.  Hope we never pick him.

Just for the sake of clarity and consistency, what was your reaction when Durie, Goram and McCoist refused to play for Scotland because of some royal tart's funeral ?

Did you want James McFadden punted for life from the national team after he went out on the pish in Hong Kong and missed the plane home with the rest of the team ?

Get a grip.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

20 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Just for the sake of clarity and consistency, what was your reaction when Durie, Goram and McCoist refused to play for Scotland because of some royal tart's funeral ?

Did you want James McFadden punted for life from the national team after he went out on the pish in Hong Kong and missed the plane home with the rest of the team ?

Get a grip.

No to any of the above.  Would continue to pick them all.  Don’t see the comparison to be honest.

I now have no respect for Cairney, his display today with that dive was pathetic.  Wasn’t even contact. Just a blatant dive, rolling about like he was shot.  He is pish anyway.  

11 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

No to any of the above.  Would continue to pick them all.  Don’t see the comparison to be honest.

I now have no respect for Cairney, his display today with that dive was pathetic.  Wasn’t even contact. Just a blatant dive, rolling about like he was shot.  He is pish anyway.  

Right so if any Scotland player goes down too easy from now on we should never ever pick them again ? ^?^

Can remember times when Kenny Miller, James McFadden, Kris Boyd etc etc all got down a bit too easy at times during their club careers. Disgraceful. They should have been banned !

Edited by ErsatzThistle

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Right so if any payer goes down too easy from now on we should never ever pick them again ? ^?^

There is one thing going down easily under contact and another where you jump up in the air like a ballerina under no contact like cairney did.  I don’t agree with either but the latter tells you all you need to know about a player.  Not the kind of character I want in our dressing room.

Just now, Malcolm said:

There is one thing going down easily under contact and another where you jump up in the air like a ballerina under no contact like cairney did.  I don’t agree with either but the latter tells you all you need to know about a player.  Not the kind of character I want in our dressing room.

Ok you keep those utterly weird, nutty beliefs if it gets you though the night.

:rollsmile:

18 hours ago, Malcolm said:

I now have no respect for Cairney, his display today with that dive was pathetic.  Wasn’t even contact. Just a blatant dive, rolling about like he was shot.  He is pish anyway............................unless he happens to sign for Rangers, in which case he will instantly become brilliant and worthy of permanent inclusion in the Scotland first team.  

FTFY :ok:

7 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Aye, that’s all very good, but I don’t support Rangers! 😂.  

Second time in a week somebody has made that mistake... 👍

What does FTFY mean? Never mind. Doubt it would interest me.

And it's not just you, I've been accused of being a Rangers fan a few times, too. Apparently if you find the word "Hun" offensive then that makes you a Rangers fan. Kinda like how everyone who think the N word is offensive is black. :P

Anyway. Back to topic. Resting Robertson was the correct thing to do. Liverpool's objective is to win the EPL, now they have one less distraction. On that match, it's great to see Wolves show people that if you play with a 3 at the back you can punch above your weight.

10 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Aye, that’s all very good, but I don’t support Rangers! 😂.  

Second time in a week somebody has made that mistake... 👍

Hmmmm. I wonder why people keep making that silly mistake. My suggestion certainly wasn’t only the second.

I suspect you’re one of those folk that says they support some “wee team” because you’re to ashamed to admit you’re a Hun at heart. 

Rangers fan by birth. 

Scotland fan by choice. 

Jags fan by mistake. 

Liverpool's defence was all over the shop without Van Dijk and Robbo last night. Still not a huge proponent of the top 6 teams resting so many players and getting dumped out of the cup in the 3rd round. They should really give a better showing for their fans. 

On 1/6/2019 at 7:17 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Right so if any Scotland player goes down too easy from now on we should never ever pick them again ? ^?^

Can remember times when Kenny Miller, James McFadden, Kris Boyd etc etc all got down a bit too easy at times during their club careers. Disgraceful. They should have been banned !

Agreed on Boyd.

On 1/8/2019 at 11:09 AM, mrniaboc said:

Liverpool's defence was all over the shop without Van Dijk and Robbo last night.

I've always felt like the Liverpool defensive frailties were down to Mignolet. A lack of belief in him causes defenders to be out of shape to try and cover up for his limitations.

That said, most of the problems the other night seemed to be down to Milner just having a nightmare.

On 1/8/2019 at 11:09 AM, mrniaboc said:

Rangers fan by birth. 

Scotland fan by choice. 

Jags fan by mistake. 

Liverpool's defence was all over the shop without Van Dijk and Robbo last night. Still not a huge proponent of the top 6 teams resting so many players and getting dumped out of the cup in the 3rd round. They should really give a better showing for their fans. 

It's not just the top six, it's relegation fighters, and championship promotion candidates as well. Was reading the Man Utd forum on Saturday and the majority of comments were suggesting that the fringe players couldn't even be bothered despite the chance to promote them selves.