Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 134 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

Quality, reckon he's going to surprise a few of the big teams down there and have a few stormers. Unfortunately there will be some loose passes and plenty yellow cards picked up along the way.

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Man of the match performance from McGinn, Player of the Year at Villa.

The boy's a class act, amazes me that people can't see that 

I like him but he is prone to a risk or two which led to him losing possession against Belgium and we know what happened. Still think he could develop into a top player when he retains possession better. A difficult balance when one of his attributes is being adventurous and driving forward.

3 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I like him but he is prone to a risk or two which led to him losing possession against Belgium and we know what happened. Still think he could develop into a top player when he retains possession better. A difficult balance when one of his attributes is being adventurous and driving forward.

I wouldn’t necessarily worry about something that happened in a friendly against one of the best teams in the world almost a full season ago. 

15 minutes ago, JECK said:

Quality, reckon he's going to surprise a few of the big teams down there and have a few stormers. Unfortunately there will be some loose passes and plenty yellow cards picked up along the way.

His pass stats are interesting, a not great 72% success rate but also made three key passes(ones that could have lead to goals) which was highest on pitch.

He made four successful tackles but also got tackled four times.

According to whoscored his stats added up to man of the match but if all you wanted to see was his bad passes and the times he got tackled you would have thought he was pretty poor.

That's why I like stats, they don't lie and are in no way subjective

Excellent news about McGinn playing in the EPL next season, I reckon he will kick on even more now and villa will.build their team around him and grealish

Edited by vanderark14

57 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Excellent news about McGinn playing in the EPL next season, I reckon he will kick on even more now and villa will.build their team around him and grealish

Can only be good for his development and for Scotland as well. 

It will be interesting to see how he does against better players next season. 

45 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Henderson started tonight for Verona in the playoff final, but they lost. No Serie A next season unless he gets a move. 

They only lost 0-2 away from home. It’s unlikely but not impossible for them to turn that around. 

1 hour ago, Texas Pete said:

I see. I thought you were writing them off at 2-0! 

In fairness you’d probably have been right but you never know. 

Fingers crossed! When was the last time a Scot played in Serie A? Denis Law?!*

*Showing my pre-Euro 96 knowledge of Scottish football is poor. 

6 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

Fingers crossed! When was the last time a Scot played in Serie A? Denis Law?!*

*Showing my pre-Euro 96 knowledge of Scottish football is poor. 

Probably Souness at Sampdoria before he joined Rangers in 1986.  Joe Jordan played for AC Milan and Verona earlier in the 80s too.

Edited by Toepoke

32 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

They won 3-0 tonight. 

Just had a look. Really excited by this. A player in Serie A and La Liga next season and a Scot with a Champions League winners medal. Perhaps doesn't change too much but the direction of travel is very exciting.