Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 125 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

1 hour ago, andyD said:

So he's popular at villa? cool.

No need to be sarcastic. He's player of the year at a club in the play-offs which, based on form, may well be in the Premiership next season. Which is positive.

You're just upset at Blades doing do well 😉

Edited by SkyBlueScot

18 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

No need to be sarcastic. He's player of the year at a club in the play-offs which, based on form, may well be in the Premiership next season. Which is positive.

You're just upset at Blades doing do well 😉

He's the players player of the year, I would imagine the supporters would vote Grealish and the manager some one else.

I probably value the whoscored .com ratings too highly, but unless the championship has been a higher standard than usual this season most of the promoted teams will struggle next year unless they have a lot of money. Fine load of use that did Fulham this year

Bates didn't start again for Hamburg who lost 3-0 at home to one of the bottom teams in the league. Don't understand what's going on there.

Big 9.1 rating for Fraser on whoscored making him Bournemouths top player this season.

Harvey St Clair has started to get some game time for Venecia so perhaps still hope for him.

9 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Liam Henderson started for Verona today.

They've nosedived down Seria B so no promotion for him and he'll remain in the wilderness.

Yeah, I've followed their games this season only through Google. From a distance it looks like a disappointing season for him. A year ago Serie A teams were after him but this season he's started on the bench a lot and Verona have fallen away. A real shame but hopefully a second season there may make a difference.

After excitement earlier in the season that we could have Scots in European top leagues next season it looks like Harper will be the only one unless Hamburg turn it round quickly.

14 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Liam Henderson started for Verona today.

They've nosedived down Seria B so no promotion for him and he'll remain in the wilderness.

Liam Henderson is another example of some one we thought was an exciting prospect, and then one morning you wake up and realise he is 23 and not good enough to start at level we need to have our 23 year olds to be established at.

20 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Bates didn't start again for Hamburg who lost 3-0 at home to one of the bottom teams in the league. Don't understand what's going on there.

Big 9.1 rating for Fraser on whoscored making him Bournemouths top player this season.

Harvey St Clair has started to get some game time for Venecia so perhaps still hope for him.

Pretty sure hamburgs form has been shite since dropping bates. Hopefully he gets back in after that result.

I'll bet that there are still weirdos out there who would start Shinnie or McDonald ahead of McTominay :hammer:

Btw surely a call up for David Turnbull ? Feck all that "learn yir apprenticeship with the U21s" pish. He's good enough, put him in the senior team.

14 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'll bet that there are still weirdos out there who would start Shinnie or McDonald ahead of McTominay :hammer:

Btw surely a call up for David Turnbull ? Feck all that "learn yir apprenticeship with the U21s" pish. He's good enough, put him in the senior team.

What position would you play him?

14 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Think you said he was a defensive midfielder, a defensive midfielder and only a defensive midfielder.

Do you agree with me now that he is capable of a lot more than that? 

Lighten up :chillpill:

How disappointing was Ryan Gauld today, Kris Boyd hit the nail on the head when he said he still looked like the little boy who left but has come back without that half yard of pace on the turn he once had. He has went backwards, very disappointing to see. A player like David Turnbull just breaking on the scene now appears to have jumped way further ahead in the queue for a squad place than Gauld. 

1 hour ago, bazmidd said:

How disappointing was Ryan Gauld today, Kris Boyd hit the nail on the head when he said he still looked like the little boy who left but has come back without that half yard of pace on the turn he once had. He has went backwards, very disappointing to see. A player like David Turnbull just breaking on the scene now appears to have jumped way further ahead in the queue for a squad place than Gauld. 

I think Gauld would need a run of games, I can’t imagine he is properly match fit. Turnbull probably not even in the queue, he’s in the team. 

14 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I think Gauld would need a run of games, I can’t imagine he is properly match fit. Turnbull probably not even in the queue, he’s in the team. 

Probably not too far off with that to be honest. Some decent Midfielders in our squad but Keith Lasley has just described Turnbull as the greatest young player this country has produced in a generation, that along with Michael Stewarts Ballack comparison is high praise indeed. He does seem to have it all as a Midfielder although as I said there are still some decent options for us in there just now. 

On 5/5/2019 at 7:57 AM, SkyBlueScot said:

Yeah, I've followed their games this season only through Google. From a distance it looks like a disappointing season for him. A year ago Serie A teams were after him but this season he's started on the bench a lot and Verona have fallen away. A real shame but hopefully a second season there may make a difference.

After excitement earlier in the season that we could have Scots in European top leagues next season it looks like Harper will be the only one unless Hamburg turn it round quickly.

Hamburg have done some really weird selections lately, not just Bates on bench but Lassoga, Aaron Hunt and Lewis Holtby have been on the bench and not in 18 and Hamburg have lost 4 of their last 5 and might not even make the play off place. Not a club what's going on in manager's head.

Is Jack Harper still certain to sign for Getafe? That would be cracking move as they don't have big squad and yet on brink of qualifying for top 4 if they win one more game.