Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 106 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

Fraser and if called Matt Phillips should be more than enough pace in the wide areas. Given the actual opposition in these two games I'd be o.k with McBurnie leading the line in these guys.

He's going to be the regular striker sooner or later and scored nearly 20 goals at championship level so I'm sure he'll be fine against San Marino.

2 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Fraser and if called Matt Phillips should be more than enough pace in the wide areas. Given the actual opposition in these two games I'd be o.k with McBurnie leading the line in these guys.

He's going to be the regular striker sooner or later and scored nearly 20 goals at championship level so I'm sure he'll be fine against San Marino.

San Marino isn’t the problem.

7 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Bates started again for Hamburg. They won 3-0 in the derby away to St Pauli.

Hamburg got another just before the end. 4-0.

David Bates is doing well out there. He must be full of confidence at the moment.

Looks like him and Scott McKenna will be our central defence for quite a while to come, unless of course McLeish decides to give Liam Cooper a run of games.

On 3/10/2019 at 10:23 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Hamburg got another just before the end. 4-0.

David Bates is doing well out there. He must be full of confidence at the moment.

Looks like him and Scott McKenna will be our central defence for quite a while to come, unless of course McLeish decides to give Liam Cooper a run of games.

I think the results of German clubs in champions league recently shows how the top German teams compare to England. On that basis Bundesliga 2 must be pretty poor

Just now, GHfaeGTA said:

I think the results of German clubs in champions league recently shows how the top German teams compare to England. On that basis Bundesliga 2 must be pretty poor

Well spotted, said that months ago but was assured it was far better then the championship. But Bates is doing all that can be asked of him and as a defender in a lower half Bundesliga team he will get tested next season.