Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 93 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

Kind of stopped looking out for McGinn for the last couple of months. Glad he's still making an impact and must be keeping a good level of consistency. I'd bet there's still a few loose passes and touches in his game though, in amongst all the other good stuff. We need him in the EPL next season 

9 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

2 goals and an assist for Mcburnie, seriously hope he gets a proper chance soon. I still think he could become our most important player over

the next 10 years

He has a good chance of being our first choice forward but our most important player? C'mon. 

Mcburnie is doing well, never been his biggest fan but he does score goals. Hopefully he can get a move to the EPL sometime soon as it would be good to see if he could cut it at a higher level. He didnt do particularly well for Swansea when they were in the EPL but he wasnt given much chances to impress. Hopefully if we can get Che Adams as well then we could have two good young strikers to pick from.

7 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

David bates is on the bench today, but Hamburg are losing 2 nil thus far. Hopefully this means they are shaky without him and will need to put him back in for the next game. 

Speaking of defenders anyone been keeping an eye on Liam Cooper? I see he seems to have nailed down the captaincy at Leeds who are having a fantastic season. I know he was in a squad or two a couple of years back if memory serves but never got his cap. Given we are pretty light on defenders generally he can't be too far away form the fold surely unless he's declared he's not wanting to represent us?

On Oli McBurnie I see he has been doing well at Championship. For me he seems just a wee bit anonymous against higher level opposition such as that difficult run of friendlies we had last year. I suppose the main striker's spot is up for grabs again given Griffith's absence and the age of the likes of Naisy/Fletcher.

17 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Speaking of defenders anyone been keeping an eye on Liam Cooper? I see he seems to have nailed down the captaincy at Leeds who are having a fantastic season. I know he was in a squad or two a couple of years back if memory serves but never got his cap. Given we are pretty light on defenders generally he can't be too far away form the fold surely unless he's declared he's not wanting to represent us?

On Oli McBurnie I see he has been doing well at Championship. For me he seems just a wee bit anonymous against higher level opposition such as that difficult run of friendlies we had last year. I suppose the main striker's spot is up for grabs again given Griffith's absence and the age of the likes of Naisy/Fletcher.

Not really seen much of cooper but he must be doing something right as Leeds look strong this season. He should be considered for the squad, might be an option for us if certain guys get injured.

2 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Not really seen much of cooper but he must be doing something right as Leeds look strong this season. He should be considered for the squad, might be an option for us if certain guys get injured.

Went to the bother of checking the Leeds Forum after suggesting him  due to the hammering he got from a few on here.

Leeds fans thought he was utter shite up until this year, but he seems to have suddenly become the best central defender in the championship.

I suppose he is at the sort of age when everything can fall into place for a central defender. I would think if he wants to, he will be in the next squad.

On 1/30/2019 at 9:17 AM, mccaughey85 said:

Mcburnie is doing well, never been his biggest fan but he does score goals. Hopefully he can get a move to the EPL sometime soon as it would be good to see if he could cut it at a higher level. He didnt do particularly well for Swansea when they were in the EPL but he wasnt given much chances to impress. Hopefully if we can get Che Adams as well then we could have two good young strikers to pick from.

Is che adams not english?

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:58 AM, Chripper said:

Talking of Motherwell, the young lad Hastie looks decent.

Another impressive performance at the weekend.

2 Goals and a run from right back straight into the heart of the opposition defence which almost resulted in an assist.

Jake Hastie is definitely one to look out for. Just 19 and a winger. Looks strong and quick.

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Went to the bother of checking the Leeds Forum after suggesting him  due to the hammering he got from a few on here.

Leeds fans thought he was utter shite up until this year, but he seems to have suddenly become the best central defender in the championship.

I suppose he is at the sort of age when everything can fall into place for a central defender. I would think if he wants to, he will be in the next squad.

Scott McKenna was on loan at Ayr and hardly set the heather on fire, months later he's first on the Aberdeens team sheet and a starter for his country. 

I guess I'm agreeing with your last paragraph 

EDIT chripper is now replying to himself. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by vanderark14

41 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Scott McKenna was on loan at Ayr and hardly set the heather on fire, months later he's first on the Aberdeens team sheet and a starter for his country. 

I guess I'm agreeing with your last paragraph 

EDIT chripper is now replying to himself. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Seen that haha. There’s only two Chrippers

2 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

Doubt Burke will start ahead of Weah in the next Celtic match. I was really hoping he'd score today. 

I'd be surprised if he doesn't start up front on Wednesday, especially with Edouard out injured. If Weah starts then it will probably be on the right in the absence of Forrest, not through the middle.