Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 80 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

Totally.

I remember when he broke into the Celtic team a couple years ago and some Celtic fans thought that they had discovered a right sided Kieran Tierney. Not too sure of what went on from them and now, but I really hope he kicks on and improves. 

I think he's still 20 so there's definitely time for the lad. 

Here's hoping.

40 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Fuck me, one half decent game against Dundee and people think Ralston is a prospect. Daft Tims is fair enough, but anyone else buying into it is just ridiculous. 

Looked better than half decent to be fair. Also to be fair there’s zero competition in that position 

6 hours ago, kumnio said:

Fuck me, one half decent game against Dundee and people think Ralston is a prospect. Daft Tims is fair enough, but anyone else buying into it is just ridiculous. 

Depends how you define prospect I guess,and at what age you can no longer become a prospect.

Under 21 and on the Celtic team sheet makes you a prospect to some.

8 hours ago, kumnio said:

I don't think he has a long term future at Celtic but given the lack of decent right-backs in Scotland he has a realistic chance of getting caps. Unless you think there are a load of players ahead of him? 

8 hours ago, kumnio said:

Not quite.  He was thrown in the deep end last season against PSG, performed well against Neymar and looked like he would keep Lustig out the team before a dip in form.  He's 20 years old, still learning and a great prospect for the future.  The fact he's already the go to back up RB at the best team in the country shows without a doubt he's a prospect! 

Your making yourself look a bit daft writing him off already!!

16 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

Not quite.  He was thrown in the deep end last season against PSG, performed well against Neymar and looked like he would keep Lustig out the team before a dip in form.  He's 20 years old, still learning and a great prospect for the future.  The fact he's already the go to back up RB at the best team in the country shows without a doubt he's a prospect! 

Performed well against Neymar? Behave. He was 110% out of his depth. By all means make a case for him, but don't peddle nonsense.

14 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Performed well against Neymar? Behave. He was 110% out of his depth. By all means make a case for him, but don't peddle nonsense.

It was widely noted at the time, that for an 18 year old rookie playing in his first CL game against one of the best attacking players on the planet, he played well and did not disgrace himself!  The entire Celtic team were out of their depth that night unfortunately!  

1 hour ago, kwhitelaw said:

It was widely noted at the time, that for an 18 year old rookie playing in his first CL game against one of the best attacking players on the planet, he played well and did not disgrace himself!  The entire Celtic team were out of their depth that night unfortunately!  

I certainly can't remember much praise for the boy after it, however willing to concede that it might have passed me by. My personal recollection is that he was just as crap as everybody else and Neymar roasted him.

Look at the Celtic players who have been written off in recent years, by Celtic fans: McGregor and Christie. Now look how they are performing for club and country.

Some people might disagree but Brendan Rodgers has been great for Scotland as he's drilled good habits into his Scottish players and they've taken those habits into the international stage.

It's absolutely ridiculous that a player who was a teenager only two months ago has been written off. It just underlines the knee-jerk reactions and mentality of some football fans where they want results now, they want ready-made players now. 

Patience is a rare commodity nowadays.

5 hours ago, kwhitelaw said:

If you're trying to be smart, learn how to spell FFS.

He was shite while on loan at Utd, he hardly ever plays for Celtic, and that's being behind two very poor right backs. He won't make it, unless there's a monumental improvement in his game. 

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

Look at the Celtic players who have been written off in recent years, by Celtic fans: McGregor and Christie. Now look how they are performing for club and country.

Some people might disagree but Brendan Rodgers has been great for Scotland as he's drilled good habits into his Scottish players and they've taken those habits into the international stage.

It's absolutely ridiculous that a player who was a teenager only two months ago has been written off. It just underlines the knee-jerk reactions and mentality of some football fans where they want results now, they want ready-made players now. 

Patience is a rare commodity nowadays.

You're a boring cunt. Happy Christmas. 

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

He was shite while on loan at Utd, he hardly ever plays for Celtic, and that's being behind two very poor right backs. He won't make it, unless there's a monumental improvement in his game. 

Certainly not being smart with a spelling mistake like that!  Oooft!

fair play, I’m not willing to write him off just yet, you are. Guess we’ll agree to disagree 

25 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

Certainly not being smart with a spelling mistake like that!  Oooft!

fair play, I’m not willing to write him off just yet, you are. Guess we’ll agree to disagree 

I agree the lad just turned 20 so right at the start of his career, had a couple of decent games recently so he's certainly got potential but needs to put a lot of hard work and get a good run of games to turn that potential into being a good player. He's certainly at the right club with the right manager to give him the best opportunity to make the grade. I really hope he does as there doesnt appear to be many decent young RB's around at the moment 

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

Lustig has 73 caps and has played in a world cup finals, not sure how that translates to very poor.

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

Another United fan said the opposite on here yesterday.

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Lustig has 73 caps and has played in a world cup finals, not sure how that translates to very poor.

It does translate to someone making a right cunt of himself though. 

Edited by macy37

On 12/24/2018 at 2:47 PM, kumnio said:

He was shite while on loan at Utd, 

No he wasn’t. 

Edit : I’m not saying he’s one for Scotland now or even soon, but in our terrible team of last season, Ralston and maybe Tony Andreu (and Fyvie till he got injured) were the only boys who looked like they knew what they were doing.  

A lazy comparison, but some of his attacking overlaps had us reminiscing about that year with Andy Robertson. 

Edited by adamntg

12 hours ago, adamntg said:

No he wasn’t. 

Edit : I’m not saying he’s one for Scotland now or even soon, but in our terrible team of last season, Ralston and maybe Tony Andreu (and Fyvie till he got injured) were the only boys who looked like they knew what they were doing.  

A lazy comparison, but some of his attacking overlaps had us reminiscing about that year with Andy Robertson. 

Andreu never played for United last season. The few games I saw on the box he never looked that good and absolutely no comparison to Robbo 

Just looking at the Rangers line-up (pleasing to see the number of Scots starting is increasing) and wondered who Dallas was on the bench. Hard to find much but sounded interesting. Can't see that he's been called up for Scotland at any age, is he a Scot? There's a few articles online which speculate that he's ready for the first team but that's what you always get.

On another note Naismith has scored and the Jambos are ready to resume their title challenge!

Edited by SkyBlueScot

5 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Just looking at the Rangers line-up (pleasing to see the number of Scots starting is increasing) and wondered who Dallas was on the bench. Hard to find much but sounded interesting. Can't see that he's been called up for Scotland at any age, is he a Scot? There's a few articles online which speculate that he's ready for the first team but that's what you always get.

On another note Naismith has scored and the Jambos are ready to resume their title challenge!

Was he wearing Black?