Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 77 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

13 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Can't speak for Alaba, but telling me Kimmich has played there in the last 6 games probably isn't a great stat to use considering Germany have been absolutely woeful as of late. Obviously not attributing it to moving Kimmich out of the position he usually excels in, but just noteworthy.

This is true.

Just now, Chripper said:

You said it sarcastically, akin to people saying that they wonder why Gus McPherson didn't play in goals, etc.

I'm not apologizing for you trying to take the piss out of me.

I'm not asking you to apologise for taking the piss out of you, I don't really want you to apologise, most people would get that

You made up nonsense about what I said to suit your own argument. When anyone does that I find it's best not to engage anymore. Have great Christmas, I'm sure you'll spend it arguing the benefits of 352 with anyone who'll listen.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not asking you to apologise for taking the piss out of you, I don't really want you to apologise, most people would get that

You made up nonsense about what I said to suit your own argument. When anyone does that I find it's best not to engage anymore. Have great Christmas, I'm sure you'll spend it arguing the benefits of 352 with anyone who'll listen.

Well, it's just what I read into it. No offence was intended.

But yes, I'll move on, gladly.

It would be disingenuous for me to say the same... as I don't really recognize it... so have a great Holiday. 

16 minutes ago, Chripper said:

You've already said that "that's not what I meant", so prove that you didn't say it.

You suggested that Messi wouldn't be able to play as anchorman.

I think everyone on this forum would welcome the "failure" of qualifying for 2 out of the next 3 tournaments. 

Plus, Craig Brown was not sacked from the Scotland job. He quit.

We came 2nd to a very good Czech team. Look at our last qualification campaign, we came third to England and Slovakia.

Well, people keeping saying that we have a "strong" midfield. I disagree. 

He suggested playing Messi there wouldn’t t be the best use of his skill. 

And he’s right. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

20 minutes ago, Chripper said:

You've already said that "that's not what I meant", so prove that you didn't say it.

You suggested that Messi wouldn't be able to play as anchorman.

I think everyone on this forum would welcome the "failure" of qualifying for 2 out of the next 3 tournaments. 

Plus, Craig Brown was not sacked from the Scotland job. He quit.

We came 2nd to a very good Czech team. Look at our last qualification campaign, we came third to England and Slovakia.

Well, people keeping saying that we have a "strong" midfield. I disagree. 

My interpretation of that is that most people mean strong in relation to our other areas of the pitch, not in relation to the midfileds of other teams.

53 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Really?

He suggested that Lionel Messi would be lost if he played a deep role in midfield..

I'm not sure how to compute that. :blink:

If a dumber thing was said online, please post or recite it. I can't think of one.

FFS min, I've done at least 10 of them all by myself, and that's just today.

I actually agree with a lot of the stuff you post on here, maybe even most of it. So, I've come to the conclusion that it must be the way you say it, that makes folk want to try to annoy you. 

Or, maybe it's the other way round? Hmmmm......

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

FFS min, I've done at least 10 of them all by myself, and that's just today.

I actually agree with a lot of the stuff you post on here, maybe even most of it. So, I've come to the conclusion that it must be the way you say it, that makes folk want to try to annoy you. 

Or, maybe it's the other way round? Hmmmm......

:lol:

Really? You agree with most of what I post? You're in the minority. ;)

I think it's the way that I write, but in my line of work getting people engaged (even if it's through negative vibes) is never a bad thing. Blame it on the day job, I suppose.

:lol:  Just today I've faced a torrent of personal insults and name-calling... so I think I've annoyed people. Me? Nah. I'm cool as a frozen cucumber. 

25 minutes ago, Chripper said:

It would be disingenuous for me to say the same... as I don't really recognize it... so have a great Holiday. 

Tbh I don't really disagree with your point but I feel that we played well the last two games albeit against weak opposition and I think we should give that formation and players a try. If they fail badly in the qualifying campaign then it would be a good idea to experiment  with 3 cbs again.

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

Tbh I don't really disagree with your point but I feel that we played well the last two games albeit against weak opposition and I think we should give that formation and players a try. If they fail badly in the qualifying campaign then it would be a good idea to experiment  with 3 cbs again.

Fair enough.

Believe me on this, I don't care which formation we play, where we play the players, which players we select, as long as we win, build momentum and actually have a team that we're all proud of.

If that's with a four at the back or with a three, I don't care. I just want us to get back on track.

39 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Congratulations, you lasted a total of 37 minutes. 

So much for moving on

2 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I intended to, and then you called someone who was being sarcastic towards me as being "brilliant". 

I'm willing to try it again.

Seriously, you need to get a grip. 

I didn't call him brilliant, I was referring to his post which I thought was brilliant and funny. I'm willing to bet everyone who reads my.post gets that except you.

You're taking everything on her far too serious 

Edited by vanderark14

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Seriously, you need to get a grip. 

I didn't call him brilliant, I was referring to his post which I thought was brilliant and funny. I'm willing to bet everyone who reads my.post gets that except you.

You're taking everything on her far too serious 

Nah. I have a good grip.

Oh, I'm aware that you called the post brilliant, but I respectfully disagree. Sarcasm is simple. I don't think I've ever heard of sarcasm being brilliant.

Ever seen Roy Keane or Graeme Souness do punditry? Picture them when I post. :P

7 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Nah. I have a good grip.

Oh, I'm aware that you called the post brilliant, but I respectfully disagree. Sarcasm is simple. I don't think I've ever heard of sarcasm being brilliant.

Ever seen Roy Keane or Graeme Souness do punditry? Picture them when I post. 

Holy fuck min, you're bat shit nuts. 

4 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

That's the problem with international football you don't get a chance to experiment. Friendlies are a wast of time-you learn nothing.

Certainly cant in the nations league- our best chance of qualification in years.

In our qualifying group unless we drop so many points in the first three games that the next four(the competitive ones) become irrelevant we cant experiment in them

If we are out after those four we can experiment against the minnows, again we won't learn any thing.

You can only really experiment when you have qualified or are forced into it by call offs.

I suppose against Belgium we will have to set up differently, but if it's 3 at the back it wont be with two wing backs. So you could say that we would be experimenting for any possible matches against far superior teams in the future.

We've had two decent results with a back four after what was possibly our worst ever performance against Israel playing three at the back. You really can't think of changing it now. In Israel we had 11 players on the park with no idea what to do were to be or were to go, surely that proved that players must play in positions they are used to.

Continued examples of great players you can adapt to any position is great if you have great players, we don't.

2 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Mikey Johnston looked really exciting in the few minutes he had against Hib s. Love to see him given more time.

Agreed. Problem is every single match we play from now to the end of the season is vital, no room for error. In years past we had a bit of breathing space, but no more. I hope Mikey gets a run, but he will have to be in top form every minute he is given. I think he has the talent, may just have to wait. That's football for yae.