Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 71 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

21 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Noticed that, is there a possibility that the english could try to pinch him with the 5year educational ruling? Does he play for our youth teams? 

He was born as well as raised there so wouldn't be requiring the Andrew Driver route

12 hours ago, wee-toon-red said:

Gilmour on the arsenal bench again tonight.

12 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Noticed that, is there a possibility that the english could try to pinch him with the 5year educational ruling? Does he play for our youth teams? 

12 hours ago, mcnish said:

He was born as well as raised there so wouldn't be requiring the Andrew Driver route

11 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Oh right I never realised he was born down there and thought he moved down when he was young, does it look like his allegiance is with scotland? 

11 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Has played for us and England at youth level.currently with us.

As I've said in a previous post, bloke I work with, his dad is the scout that discovered Gilmour (that's who he thanks on his twitter when he made his arsenal debut a couple of weeks back) Gilmour also sees him as a kind of mentor too). He is also a scout for Scotland and he is of the opinion that he is 100% committed to us. Big family connection to Scotland and he is also a Rangers fan

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

1 hour ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Don't rate him much as a goalie nowadays, and a few camera saves doesn't change my mind. We're a much more fluid team when Bain plays.

Distribution has always been an achilles heel with Gordon. Playing from the back is the modern type of keeper. I think by all accounts Liam Kelly is the best we have at that particular skill.

15 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Lovely piece of skill and a cross from Harper to set up Malaga's winner last night Resumen de Málaga CF vs Cádiz CF (1-0): https://youtu.be/0htEFhJThw4

It's nice to see him doing well. He's second highest scorer in the league (last time I checked), hopefully McLeish is taking note. If Harper's still in the Malaga first team come our next matches, he should be called up.