Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 129 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

3 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

The sun is linking us with villa's goalie, Jed Steer

That is not the first time he has been linked I am sure, another paper had his set for a call up a couple of years ago

2 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Henderson played the full 90minutes in Verona's quarter final play off. They won 4-1.

Does anyone know if there are 2 legs? Do the lower teams play more games like the Championship play off?

It seems like the quarters are a one off match but the semi has 2 legs? Bizarre.

he seems to have played progressively more in recent weeks so hopefully that’s a promising sign

54 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Should we call up Griffiths to train with the squad (but not play) ?

Meeting his new national manager and seeing his Scotland team mates again might be a good thing for him.

Not sure how you can write that here and this somewhere else within a couple of minutes this regarding Tony Watt

"The boy is a just fucking idiot. Another stupid wee ned who thought he had made it and subsequently learnt things the hard way.

He'll be at Alloa or Falkirk in twelve months time.

6 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Not sure how you can write that here and this somewhere else within a couple of minutes this regarding Tony Watt

"The boy is a just fucking idiot. Another stupid wee ned who thought he had made it and subsequently learnt things the hard way.

He'll be at Alloa or Falkirk in twelve months time.

It's quite simple, Griffiths is a ned but has clearly proven he can do it at club and international level which Watt has come not anywhere near close to doing.

So whats your problem ?

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It's quite simple, Griffiths is a ned but has clearly proven he can do it at club and international level which Watt has come not anywhere near close to doing.

So whats your problem ?

The problem is no-one gets preferential treatment into any squad. If he wants to meet the new manager he needs to get back playing and scoring goals for Celtic first. 

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

So whats your problem ?

Your saying Watt is a waster because he turned out to be shite, 

Griffiths is the water he is the one with ability that isn't playing

24 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

The problem is no-one gets preferential treatment into any squad. If he wants to meet the new manager he needs to get back playing and scoring goals for Celtic first. 

I'm suggesting calling him up to train with the team once again and build up his confidence a bit. I'm not suggesting that he should play.

Plenty of players have been called up in the past who weren't getting games at all, usually because they were the managers favourites.

9 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Your saying Watt is a waster because he turned out to be shite, 

Griffiths is the water he is the one with ability that isn't playing

Griffiths has actually played a lot of first team football, scoring goals too and at international level too. Watt hasn't.

How do you know exactly what is going on with Griffiths ? No one knows. It's just a lot of rumours.

I'm really struggling to grasp your point here. 

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Comparing watt to Griffith's is retarded, fair enough Griffith's is a bit of a Ned but he's achieved plenty in football and probably made the most of his talent. His scoring record clearly shows this along with the medals he has. If Griffith's is back training with Celtic then we should look to bring him back into the Scotland squad as he is clearly our best striker.

7 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

A good day for the future of Scottish football. Yes, it was the last day and a dead game for a number but I hope the young players who featured today get a lot more time next season. 

Who else featured? MJ looks like a talent, any other Scots on today?

8 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I'm suggesting calling him up to train with the team once again and build up his confidence a bit. I'm not suggesting that he should play.

Plenty of players have been called up in the past who weren't getting games at all, usually because they were the managers favourites.

Griffiths has actually played a lot of first team football, scoring goals too and at international level too. Watt hasn't.

How do you know exactly what is going on with Griffiths ? No one knows. It's just a lot of rumours.

I'm really struggling to grasp your point here. 

Point is that a lot of people seem to have a problem with Watt. He isn't as good as we hoped he would be so get over it. The common implication is that mental weakness has stopped him from becoming some sort of great.

On the other hand Griffiths is excused even though he has proven his ability and made the most of it.

45 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Comparing watt to Griffith's is retarded, fair enough Griffith's is a bit of a Ned but he's achieved plenty in football and probably made the most of his talent. His scoring record clearly shows this along with the medals he has. If Griffith's is back training with Celtic then we should look to bring him back into the Scotland squad as he is clearly our best striker.

Both of them are flawed yet one is adored and the other is hated, nothing at all to do with their football ability. You would have to be pretty retarded to think that.

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Both of them are flawed yet one is adored and the other is hated, nothing at all to do with their football ability. You would have to be pretty retarded to think that.

Griffith's isn't really flawed, he's had some personal problems that have caused him take time out from the game but to compare him to watt is unfair. Watt has clearly squandered every opportunity given to him and could have made so much more of his talent. Griffith's has achieved alot in the game and been at the same club winning medals for years. Personally I have nothing against watt and I actually quite like the lad but he isn't really comparable to Griffiths. 

31 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Ralston(20) Henderson(19)and Johnston(19) all started today for Celtic, Ewan is reportedly  better than his older brother Liam.

Hope Celtic find a decent manager for next season.

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

It wasn't just Celtic playing the youngsters. Hearts had 5 Scots starting (and that's without Naismith, Cochrane and Berra) which included a 16 year old and a 17 year old. They looked alright as well from what I saw.

That said Johnston and Henderson looked superb. Johnston is going to some player.

Also pleasing to see the number of Scots growing in the Rangers squad. Mebude came on. How did he do?

4 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

It wasn't just Celtic playing the youngsters. Hearts had 5 Scots starting (and that's without Naismith, Cochrane and Berra) which included a 16 year old and a 17 year old. They looked alright as well from what I saw.

That said Johnston and Henderson looked superb. Johnston is going to some player.

Also pleasing to see the number of Scots growing in the Rangers squad. Mebude came on. How did he do?

Big problem is, how many of them will be in the first team in August / September? If Celtic get a chequebook manager like Benitez ( or others mentioned) then big signings will be made and Johnson and Henderson will be shuttled down the pecking order again. We have been here before with Levein, think the season before this one, replaced by journeymen pros with limited success, Gerrard jury still out but they would have to be special as Rangers will once again need to get closer to Celtic next season. Probably better looking at Aberdeen, Hibs or Motherwell for clubs giving sustainable runs to youngsters.

BTW whats happened to Porteous?