Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 122 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

25 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Have they tried against rangers this season? Terrible performance. 

Honestly... I truly believe he hates passing on the deck. The goal hearts scored today came from this. He seems to want to limit players passing the ball. He has binned all the wingers in the team, Now Berra can only play passed more than 40 yards and Souttar is going the same way. He needs to go and go now. 

I also dont understand why hearts cant loan these players out.. I goes back to my point about too many free transfers and english league 1 loan players in the SPL. Must stop

1 hour ago, Bino's said:

It's truly a farce

Scottish football is no longer Scottish

After last weeks semi final and the quite frankly laughable impending treble treble I've come to the conclusion that Scottish football truly is shi*e and this is the worst it's been. You've got no clubs in England raiding Celtic for their best players. Says it all. Celtic fans will be lapping this treble treble shi* up/10 in a row bo**ocks and its all completely and utterly farcical. English league 1, most of the English championship and spl is just full of sh*t. Look at the current rangers side that now have likely 2nd place wrapped up, full of sh*t players, let's be honest.  Hearts are an embarrassment, Aberdeen are bottle merchants. Pass marks to Steve Clarke (little resources) and Heckingbottom for teaching hearts a lesson in attempting to at least play football.  

11 hours ago, JECK said:

After last weeks semi final and the quite frankly laughable impending treble treble I've come to the conclusion that Scottish football truly is shi*e and this is the worst it's been. You've got no clubs in England raiding Celtic for their best players. Says it all. Celtic fans will be lapping this treble treble shi* up/10 in a row bo**ocks and its all completely and utterly farcical. English league 1, most of the English championship and spl is just full of sh*t. Look at the current rangers side that now have likely 2nd place wrapped up, full of sh*t players, let's be honest.  Hearts are an embarrassment, Aberdeen are bottle merchants. Pass marks to Steve Clarke (little resources) and Heckingbottom for teaching hearts a lesson in attempting to at least play football.  

The most alarming thing is the rank average sides but also with no Scots in them

Just rank average journeyman who've been signed from your Cambridge's

13 hours ago, JECK said:

Agree with this massively 

• In terms of player football ability (apart from Old Firm) we have a domestic league which is equatable to League 1 or at best relegation Championship. A player like Soutter or McKenna has a good few games some of us then get fooled into thinking they are much better then they really are but in reality until they are tested against quality players week in week out for a few seasons we'll never know how good they are. Defending well against Cosgrove, Brophy, McNulty, Main, Ikpeaza means nothing in preparation for International football
  • The majority of teams are flooded of journeymen foreigners who really aren't that great as alluded to by a few posts on this message board Hearts are demonstrating that perfectly this season. There seems to be very little want or will by many teams in the league to promote and give Scottish youth players a chance to develop in the long term
  • There is no competition to winning trophies players and teams it feels like are happy to secure a top 6 place or get to a semi final, i see very few interviews with Scottish footballers where they exhibit any sign a real need to be a winner like the Man Utd players had under Fergie. I get the feeling they are happy enough being a pro footballer in our league and there is no real desire to push their talents further to take themselves out of their comfort zone
  • We have people running the league and national team who are antiquated in thinking and dont have the ability to think outside the box and look a new and revolutionary ways that we breathe some life into a failing, and in my eyes, a dying game. The fact so many are staunchly against the colt idea without even trying it for a few seasons sums the top level management thinking in our game   

16 hours ago, bigfingers said:

I still think armstrong is quality. Not sure why he doesn’t feature in a poor Southampton team. 

He does get games but it's not consistently. Hopefully next season he starts every week because he has looked good in the games he's played this season

McTommy came on and was the only aggressive player on the Man U team. He got booked...... it was the only time they touched an Everton player........ that’s why!

Edited by sandyb

4 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Red Cafe forum is a laugh they're giving Mctominay their MOM again.

Think it's more a show of how crap the rest of the team is now.

Honestly, he's the only Man United player who really seems to care.

The rest are a disgrace as they seem to be orchestrated by Paul Pogba. I wish SAF was still in charge as Pogba would get his ass kicked!

Redcafe is weird, check the in the player performance forum. They still have an English flag next to McTominay. Wishful thinking on their part.

Edited by Chripper

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Bates on Bench again for Hamburg, not a good sign.

Armstrong does start however. 

Yeah, they seem to have switched to a three at the back, and haven't won a game since. Hopefully they'll get back to basics and Bates will be starting again soon. 

57 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Didn't see the game but I understand that Robertson had two assists tonight. The stats on the Premier league site have him at 11 for the season. Not sure if that's before this game or not. If it is he goes joint top with Hazard.

Think that puts him up to 13 assists. Another interesting one is Fraser who was joint 2nd on assists also. It's obvious that we have plenty of attacking play from the left hand side. Pleasing stuff watching Scottish players gain plaudits down south

Yes Robbo! The fking blueprint.How many chances has he created, should be the key stat rather than assists. Praying he gets a winners medal by the end of the season. You can piss around in Scotland and win double trebles/10 in a row and all that sh#te but until your doing what he's doing your f*ckin no where. McTomminay coming on to a game, he'll be running our midfield in no time. Fraser fking brilliant this season, Forrest should take note.Ways like us. Come on lads, treat the spl like the league of Ireland or some shit* and get yourselves playing for top clubs. Ways like us, Can't wait till somebody gets us playing gallus as fk and hampdens shaking, we're on the cusp of fking great hings. Fking Believe!

39 minutes ago, JECK said:

Yes Robbo! The fking blueprint.How many chances has he created, should be the key stat rather than assists. Praying he gets a winners medal by the end of the season. You can piss around in Scotland and win double trebles/10 in a row and all that sh#te but until your doing what he's doing your f*ckin no where. McTomminay coming on to a game, he'll be running our midfield in no time. Fraser fking brilliant this season, Forrest should take note.Ways like us. Come on lads, treat the spl like the league of Ireland or some shit* and get yourselves playing for top clubs. Ways like us, Can't wait till somebody gets us playing gallus as fk and hampdens shaking, we're on the cusp of fking great hings. Fking Believe!

Hopefully Gimlour is added to that list soon too.

I'm actually quite excited about the future. As much as it pains me to say this, McKenna has to move this summer if he wants to advance, he is too raw and I don't think he will improve much more at Aberdeen. He has to move on and work with better coaches and players now that he has cut his teeth. WIth better coaching and better players to learn from, he can become a op defender

5 hours ago, Rich NATA said:

Listening to Southampton - Bournemouth on the radio and Armstrong has just f*cked up; resulting in a Bournemouth equaliser.

He tends to do that. He did it against England.

Him and McGinn in the middle of midfield is like a Stephen King novel.

12 minutes ago, Rohan said:

Rhodes, Hanley and Fleck are promoted to the premier league. Could we see Liam Cooper go up with Leeds?

And McLean. Interesting to see how many are there at the start of next season. Doubt Rhodes will be there.

Think it's more likely to be McGinn. Think they've won their last 10 and go into the play-offs with momentum.