Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 120 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

10 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Im not buying any excuses, it's pretty clear to me that OGS doesn't rate McTominay. After the PSG match he was dropped for the next three matches, losing two of them.

Supposedly he's being rested for the second leg. 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-mctominay-solskjaer-team-16125449.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

7 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Starting him in arguably their biggest game of the season to date is a strange way of not rating him. 

OGS is a strange manager.

Simple fact is, if McTominay cost £50m+. he'd start every match, but he didn't, so he doesn't.

2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Don’t think that’s a fact. 

As a side point I think OGS will be sacked by the end of next season.

I think it has something to do with it, to be fair.

He had a great start at United, but he's nowhere nearly good enough to be manager of Manchester United. His bubble has burst.

27 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Snodgrass needs to be part of our squad. He is not the quickest but smart and experienced. Playing really good against Man Utd.currently.

Agreed.

As far as technique goes, he's one of our best players. But apparently there's an issue with his ill Mum. I think Scotland should take a backseat to that kind of situation.

I don't really understand why people are obsessed with pace. Remember the world clash Spanish team with Iniesta, Xavi, Torres, etc? I don't remember any pace in that team. They had unbelievable technique and skill so they pretty much passed teams to death.

Oliver Burke is one of the fastest players in the world, but he's so cumbersome.

On 4/13/2019 at 5:32 PM, ParisInAKilt said:

They’ll expect to dominate possession against West Ham, possibly why Mata is in instead, they’ll need McTominay’s defensive skills against Barcelona.

This. Mctominay is a very good player for man utd when they play teams they won't dominate like psg or Liverpool.

13 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

He's a decent enough player, but we do have better in that position, hes defo a squad player.

No we don't: McLean, McGregor, Armstrong, Fleck, etc, are much of a muchness. Personally I don't rate any of them.

13 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

This. Mctominay is a very good player for man utd when they play teams they won't dominate like psg or Liverpool.

I don't think that's the case at all. Against Wolves United had most possession and McTominay was pretty much running the midfield, topping it off with a goal. Against weaker teams he'd do a lot of damage stepping forward. Some people have this misconception that he's an anchorman, solely a destroyer, but he isn't. He has more to his game than that.

Made this point before but Gary Lineker argued against home-grown quotas. His reason? Cream always rises to the top. If Gilmour is that good he will do at chelsea what ampadu, Hudson-Odoi have done. Then there is the boy Foden at Man City. Going out on loan seems like you are being politely shown the door. Did Messi ever go out on loan?

7 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Made this point before but Gary Lineker argued against home-grown quotas. His reason? Cream always rises to the top. If Gilmour is that good he will do at chelsea what ampadu, Hudson-Odoi have done. Then there is the boy Foden at Man City. Going out on loan seems like you are being politely shown the door. Did Messi ever go out on loan?

By doing what they’ve done you mean get on the bench sometimes 

On 4/14/2019 at 4:40 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Assist for Kenny McLean today, I'm going to carry on saying he is a good player until some one agrees with me.

He's done very well since coming back from injury. I would say his performances should've secured him a squad place for next season.

Potential players coming up to prem......Norwich- Jordan Rhodes (doubt they'll sign him full time though), McLean, Grant Hanley.

Leeds- Liam Cooper, Barry Douglas

Villa- McGinn.

Sheffield United- Fleck and Coutts.

9 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Harry Kane had about a million loans.

Depends which club they're at really. Really Chelsea just use their loan system as a nice cashflow, very few young players properly break through there.

9 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Harry Kane had about a million loans.

Depends which club they're at really. Really Chelsea just use their loan system as a nice cashflow, very few young players properly break through there.

It would be great to see a scotsman buck the trend and break through into chelsea's team but I was surprised when he went there, they have a terrible record with youth breaking through.