Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 117 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

14 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

It really is rather scandalous the way the SFA is run. For Rod Petrie to be able to waltz into power competely unappossed is unacceptable. What is this man going to do to change the face of Scottish Football. What fresh ideas and initiatives is he going to bring to the table. Absolutely nothing. He has been number 2 at the SFA for long enough and been involved in every disastrous decision made in those offices during that time. It is a disgrace he has somehow now been promoted! The way a president is elected in the SFA must change. There must be a selection of candidates, with ideas, plans forward thinking and a vision and these candidates must be whittled down to two or three and voted in by board members AND fans. The fans have the right to have an input into deciding who sits at the top table as it is our money paying their wages. It must change. How we bring about change is another question

Agree with everything you said.

It's complete scandalous. Personally I'm still with the outright mutiny plan: a flat-out boycott of matches, both home and away. If people choose to attend matches, that's fine, they can contribute to our cause by taking banners and by voicing their discontent. Boycotting official merchandise, but it's fine to buy from third party places.

I don't know about anyone else here, but I've had enough. The lack of a word said about Alex McLeish's *incident* is the straw that broke the camel's back. The SFA have NOTHING but contempt for us - it's been the case for umpteen generations of Scotland fans - and it's time we stood up as one and told them to fuck the hell off! This is our team, not theirs.

23 minutes ago, Chripper said:

23 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Agree with everything you said.

It's complete scandalous. Personally I'm still with the outright mutiny plan: a flat-out boycott of matches, both home and away. If people choose to attend matches, that's fine, they can contribute to our cause by taking banners and by voicing their discontent. Boycotting official merchandise, but it's fine to buy from third party places.

I don't know about anyone else here, but I've had enough. The lack of a word said about Alex McLeish's *incident* is the straw that broke the camel's back. The SFA have NOTHING but contempt for us - it's been the case for umpteen generations of Scotland fans - and it's time we stood up as one and told them to fuck the hell off! This is our team, not theirs. 

The SFA, like everyone else, are subject to Employment Law. Disciplinary action is conducted in private and the employee has a right to state his case and, after that, appeal if a decision goes against him. If they did leak anything to the newspapers, that would prejudice a tribunal. Apart from that, it would be unprofessional of The SFA to publicly undermine one of their own employees - which is what McLeish is. 

To be honest, I am less concerned about the so-called "incident" and more concerned about the team performance in Kazakhstan. McLeish had 80 minutes to turn things around with substitutions and changes of tactics. 

17 minutes ago, Arbroath1320 said:

The SFA, like everyone else, are subject to Employment Law. Disciplinary action is conducted in private and the employee has a right to state his case and, after that, appeal if a decision goes against him. If they did leak anything to the newspapers, that would prejudice a tribunal. Apart from that, it would be unprofessional of The SFA to publicly undermine one of their own employees - which is what McLeish is. 

To be honest, I am less concerned about the so-called "incident" and more concerned about the team performance in Kazakhstan. McLeish had 80 minutes to turn things around with substitutions and changes of tactics. 

The SFA and Alex McLeish work for us. We're their bosses. Nowhere in the world would it be acceptable for an employee to have an *episode* and the boss be completely in the dark over it. They don't have to undermine him, all they had to do was release a concise memo, they didn't have to reveal any secrets, but touching on the subject would've been nice.

Edited by Chripper

7 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Isn't the SFA board voted in by its member clubs? If so, any mutiny would need include the clubs which just wont happen. 

I'm not talking about clubs, or club football. I'm talking about international football.

I hardly think a Hibs fan requires permission from their club to boycott Scotland matches.

The clubs don't care anyway, for them to vote against the SFA would be like Turkeys voting for Christmas. They get what they want, at least in the SPL, they get 4 matches against the Old Firm. To hell with expanding the league and letting other clubs get a slice of the action. As long as they get their 8 matches against their big brothers, that's all that matters. 

10 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I'm not talking about clubs, or club football. I'm talking about international football.

I hardly think a Hibs fan requires permission from their club to boycott Scotland matches.

The clubs don't care anyway, for them to vote against the SFA would be like Turkeys voting for Christmas. They get what they want, at least in the SPL, they get 4 matches against the Old Firm. To hell with expanding the league and letting other clubs get a slice of the action. As long as they get their 8 matches against their big brothers, that's all that 

the clubs are members of the SFA and they vote in the SFA board, I think

If that's the case, boycotting Scotland matches wont help much because it will have no effect on the member clubs who couldn't care less about the SFA or the national team. They'll continue to have yes men like petrie at the helm.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

the clubs are members of the SFA and they vote in the SFA board, I think

If that's the case, boycotting Scotland matches wont help much because it will have no effect on the member clubs who couldn't care less about the SFA or the national team. They'll continue to have yes men like petrie at the helm.

I think they are.

If the attendances spike, and we stop buying merchandise, the SFA will ultimately begin to lose money. The media will get wind of the lowering attendances and they'll run with it. I mean, imagine if Hampden is half full when we play Cyprus, I don't think it would look good, especially with the fans that do attend expressing their anger.

12 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I think they are.

If the attendances spike, and we stop buying merchandise, the SFA will ultimately begin to lose money. The media will get wind of the lowering attendances and they'll run with it. I mean, imagine if Hampden is half full when we play Cyprus, I don't think it would look good, especially with the fans that do attend expressing their anger.

I reckon hampden will be half full anyway without any organised boycott. 

4 hours ago, bazmidd said:

That will be him in ahead of McTominay v Cyprus

Was thinking more Bannan's place on the bench.

Last night was the first time Norwich haven't won in their last ten games in other words since he returned from injury.

Not a fan of giving 25+ year old's a start in international football but a bit like Cairney we will see next season what he is capable off.

Unlike Cairney we know he is Scottish and want's to play for us.

3 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Carney is a very strange one to be honest said in a few interviews about his pride at playing for Scotland at youth level as well. Tbf he just hasn't been playing well enough this season anyway to warrant a place ahead of some others

I feel a bit sorry for him that Fulham decided to rip up the team that got promoted.  It hasn't worked at all. 

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Was thinking more Bannan's place on the bench.

Last night was the first time Norwich haven't won in their last ten games in other words since he returned from injury.

Not a fan of giving 25+ year old's a start in international football but a bit like Cairney we will see next season what he is capable off.

Unlike Cairney we know he is Scottish and want's to play for us.

Cairney who played for us at youth level, expressed great pride at his initial call up and said he was disappointed at being overlooked for years whilst playing for well for Hull and Blackburn ?

Got a good HP sauce for Cairney wanting to play for the three lions ?

28 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Cairney who played for us at youth level, expressed great pride at his initial call up and said he was disappointed at being overlooked for years whilst playing for well for Hull and Blackburn ?

Got a good HP sauce for Cairney wanting to play for the three lions ?

So can we assume that Strachan and Mcleish haven't seen him worthy of a call up.

Sorry but they are both either very stupid or he has said no, but we don't get explanations do we.

You and me have been the two most vocal on here about Cairney, so you tell me why he hasn't been picked?

Any way if you find out ask your source about Liam Cooper, strange a country with no central defenders wont pick one regarded by many as the best in the championship.

9 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

So can we assume that Strachan and Mcleish haven't seen him worthy of a call up.

Sorry but they are both either very stupid or he has said no, but we don't get explanations do we.

You and me have been the two most vocal on here about Cairney, so you tell me why he hasn't been picked?

Any way if you find out ask your source about Liam Cooper, strange a country with no central defenders wont pick one regarded by many as the best in the championship.

I wouldn't put much by what Strachan and our present failure of a manager think of players.

Strachan ignored Start Armstong for ages, Ryan Fraser and Calum McGregor too. Don't forget how hesitant he was to let Andy Robertson start qaulifiers.

Btw Cooper has been called up by us at least once and been on the bench.

Your talking bollocks as usual.

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I wouldn't put much by what Strachan and our present failure of a manager think of players.

Strachan ignored Start Armstong for ages, Ryan Fraser and Calum McGregor too. Don't forget how hesitant he was to let Andy Robertson start qaulifiers.

Btw Cooper has been called up by us at least once and been on the bench.

Your talking bollocks as usual.

Can't be arsed explaining myself to muppets like you but.........

I know Cooper has been in the squad before but never played , the point is this  season any way when he has been outstanding or are you one of those people who saw him make a mistake four years ago making you an expert.

I don't remember you or any one else going on about Fraser or McGregor  for that matter before this season but feel free to slag of Strachan on that one if it it makes you feel it justifies your argument. In fact as usual your hindsight is amazing.

Your talking bollocks as usual

8 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Can't be arsed explaining myself to muppets like you but.........

I know Cooper has been in the squad before but never played , the point is this  season any way when he has been outstanding or are you one of those people who saw him make a mistake four years ago making you an expert.

I don't remember you or any one else going on about Fraser or McGregor  for that matter before this season but feel free to slag of Strachan on that one if it it makes you feel it justifies your argument. In fact as usual your hindsight is amazing.

Your talking bollocks as usual

What on earth are you talking about regarding Cooper ? I'm not fussed either way if he's called up or not. 

There were more than a few of people on here calling for Fraser and McGregor to be in the squad about a year before they were eventually called up. Strachan fucked up not bring Armstong, Fraser and McGregor in earlier.

You still haven't provided a source yet about Cairney wanting to play for England btw.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

What on earth are you talking about regarding Cooper ? I'm not fussed either way if he's called up or not. 

There were more than a few of people on here calling for Fraser and McGregor to be in the squad about a year before they were eventually called up. Strachan fucked up not bring Armstong, Fraser and McGregor in earlier.

You still haven't provided a source yet about Cairney wanting to play for England btw.

Tell me were I said he wanted to play for England, no were. I never even thought he was daft enough to think he would ever get a game for England.

But Cairney and Cooper aren't picked for some reason and the only logical one is they don't want to be.

Just now, ceudmilefailte said:

Tell me were I said he wanted to play for England, no were. I never even thought he was daft enough to think he would ever get a game for England.

But Cairney and Cooper aren't picked for some reason and the only logical one is they don't want to be.

You basically insinuated above when talking about the incredible world class Kenny McLean that -

"Unlike Cairney we know he is Scottish and want's to play for us."

I see no evidence at all that Cairney and Cooper don't want to play for Scotland.

Perhaps Cairney and Cooper aren't picked because Alex McLeish, a typical SFA "good ole boy" - is a fucking incompetent idiot, with a long track record of failure, who should not be in charge of our national team ?

14 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

You basically insinuated above when talking about the incredible world class Kenny McLean that -

"Unlike Cairney we know he is Scottish and want's to play for us."

I see no evidence at all that Cairney and Cooper don't want to play for Scotland.

Perhaps Cairney and Cooper aren't picked because Alex McLeish, a typical SFA "good ole boy" - is a fucking incompetent idiot, with a long track record of failure, who should not be in charge of our national team ?

Fair enough.

I don't think Kenny McLean is incredible just in  an interesting upward trajectory at the moment. This is the Scottish players in action thread.

The "unlike Cairney"  and the addition of Cooper into the argument is just searching for an explanation as to their non involvement, the only one left is that they no longer want to play or you have probably found it with your comments about McLeish That puts this to bed.