Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 108 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

4 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Ok . He's actually not awful mate . He did have a bad game today but he's allowed that the amount of times he saved us this season . Your allowed your opinion but he's a lot better than a couple of our centre halves I could name . Everyone makes mistakes but I think Cooperwould improve our defence 

Pasta has been waiting all season for the chance to knock down Cooper. Hope he joins Celtic next season.

Kenny McLean got man of the match today and appears to be a defensive midfielder, which I didn't know. Total backtrack from me but if he continues to play like he has since returning from injury McTominay and him could be a very solid Midfield foundation.

Liam Palmer played left back today😅

If McGinn continues playing like his last two games he will be a seriously good player.,

5 hours ago, Chripper said:

I switched between the Hamburg and Sheffield United vs Leeds match, but I only caught the first half of both:

Cooper is not very good, he'll probably be sold when Leeds get promoted. Fleck will probably hold his own in the EPL, but as a bottom-mid table player.

The Bates one is a stumper, in the first half Hamburg were strolling it 2:0... then I turn off and the lose 2:3. I don't know whether any of the goals were Bates's fault. One thing I will say is that Hamburg play football the right way, they play football on the deck, so Bates is definitely learning good habits.

Who scored view on those two defenders today, Bates managed to get a negative score despite playing ninety minutes and Liam Coopers rating was positive despite two massive errors. Cooper won't be sold if Leeds go up, he might be if they don't.

Funny how you say Fleck will hold his own as a bottom -mid table player in EPL considering you constantly go on about how the bottom of the EPL is just an extension of the championship. Surely that should always be the case?

14 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Funny how you say Fleck will hold his own as a bottom -mid table player in EPL considering you constantly go on about how the bottom of the EPL is just an extension of the championship. Surely that should always be the case?

It is.

To be fair, I think all of our players would hold their own in the EPL.

20 hours ago, Chripper said:

I switched between the Hamburg and Sheffield United vs Leeds match, but I only caught the first half of both:

Cooper is not very good, he'll probably be sold when Leeds get promoted. Fleck will probably hold his own in the EPL, but as a bottom-mid table player.

The Bates one is a stumper, in the first half Hamburg were strolling it 2:0... then I turn off and the lose 2:3. I don't know whether any of the goals were Bates's fault. One thing I will say is that Hamburg play football the right way, they play football on the deck, so Bates is definitely learning good habits.

1st goal, right-back Sakei fell asleep and left the Darmstadt player with acres of time & space. 2nd goal was direct from a free-kick.

At the 3rd would say Bates should have done much better. Darmstadt player took it round him fairly easily before slotting home.

7 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Manchester evening news gave Matic 3/10 and are questioning why McTominay is being overlooked

And rightly so. I'd say already McTominay is a better player and he's certainly hungrier. McTominay had brilliant performances against Palace, Liverpool and PSG and then he's dropped for the next two matches. It's insane to break up a team that's winning.

1 hour ago, SteveMcD said:

1st goal, right-back Sakei fell asleep and left the Darmstadt player with acres of time & space. 2nd goal was direct from a free-kick.

At the 3rd would say Bates should have done much better. Darmstadt player took it round him fairly easily before slotting home.

Cool. Thanks. :cheers3:

Anyone watching Tierney for the first time today, would laugh hysterically at the very notion of him being mentioned in the same breath as Andy Robertson. He has been absolutely garbage.

As have all the other Celtic Scots. 

Edited by Marky

43 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Jordan Archer not even on the bench for Millwall. Injured? 

Didn't play midweek either, he has been pretty awful all season, was kept out by some one equally awful for first half of season.

Must look good in training for Scotland.

Whole Scotland set up is beginning to look like my place of work 

21 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Didn't play midweek either, he has been pretty awful all season, was kept out by some one equally awful for first half of season.

Must look good in training for Scotland.

Whole Scotland set up is beginning to look like my place of work 

He's a good shot stopper but Millwall fans felt he wasn't commanding enough in the box. Must admit I would have said the same when he was playing non-league.  I was wondering if he had been injured who might have been called up. I'm not sure what the pecking order is with our keepers.

56 minutes ago, Marky said:

Anyone watching Tierney for the first time today, would laugh hysterically at the very notion of him being mentioned in the same breath as Andy Robertson. He has been absolutely garbage.

Robertson is playing in European Cup finals, he'll be in the EPL team of the year at the end of the season and he could well finish the season with an EPL winner's medal. Whereas Tierney is playing against free transfers on a weekly basis.

Tierney will only develop if he joins a league where the teams have actual disposable income.

3 hours ago, Marky said:

Feels like the time is right to leave Celtic now. Will only go to Leicester if Chilwell leaves (which could happen as Man. City scouted him and they are weak at LB). Think I read Arsenal also interested which would be good as Monreal is getting on a bit now.

As critical as I was of Robertson the other night against Bayern Munich, he was absolutely superb today.

I do accept that there’s a big difference between playing against Fulham and playing against BM mind you. It probably just highlights what we already know that although being a massively improved defender, he is still much better going forward than he is defending. Therefore in games where he is going to be spending more time defending than attacking, then we’re more likely to see his weaknesses exposed.

Today though, he did whatever limited defending he had to do well and was superb going forward,

McGinn looking like a force of nature at the moment. Think on a good night for him I genuinely think he could rattle the likes of the Belgians. Unfortunately as we all know too prone to a careless pass and first touch. He's got to be in EPL next season one way or another.