Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 101 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

55 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Any one starting to think that Armstrong isn't good enough for the Premiership?

Nice to see Mctominay get 90 minutes and don't think he did anything to harm his long term chances at Man U.

Bain in goals for Celtic again and looks like he has the keepers spot there. He's the right age to have a keeper coming through at, did any one keep track of how he did in the cup competitions last year?

Any one convinced that McGregor is the answer for much longer is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Armstrong is playing for a struggling team against a quality team playing at home. Hard to gauge. 

39 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Any one know much about Ewan Henderson who played for 90 minutes against Motherwell today.

Sure I read somewhere that he was a better prospect than his brother Liam but he seems to have been virtually ignored in Scotland under's squads

I saw him play in a Champions League youth game, I suppose it was last season, and I thought he looked a terrific talent and better than Liam. 

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Any one starting to think that Armstrong isn't good enough for the Premiership?

Nice to see Mctominay get 90 minutes and don't think he did anything to harm his long term chances at Man U.

Bain in goals for Celtic again and looks like he has the keepers spot there. He's the right age to have a keeper coming through at, did any one keep track of how he did in the cup competitions last year?

Any one convinced that McGregor is the answer for much longer is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Armstrong is easily good enough for the EPL as he has already shown. 

2 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

Best 90 minute game McTominay has played for Man United I reckon.

He had some decent shows last year but that was in defensive minded teams. Today with likes of Mata and Ander Herrea going off he really had to step up mentally and he did. Liverpool were complete and utter toilet though.

He has a lot to do to get the fans on his side. He can do it but needs games.  Hopefully today will result in a few more appearances. 

It was nice to see Solskjær talking up Scott McTominay the other day and giving him a vote of confidence :ok:He actually did ok against Liverpool.

McTominay is still far from the finished article but he is a promising player and absolutely nowhere near as bad as those idiotic, glory hunting United fans suggest.

12 minutes ago, Rab The Crab said:

Watching Burke tonight for Celtic for the first time since he came on loan.

There’s definitely something missing from his game with regards to awareness but with pace like that I’d have him in every squad if he’s playing at club level.

Showed great awareness for the goal tbf 

7 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

It was nice to see Solskjær talking up Scott McTominay the other day and giving him a vote of confidence :ok:He actually did ok against Liverpool.

McTominay is still far from the finished article but he is a promising player and absolutely nowhere near as bad as those idiotic, glory hunting United fans suggest.

Agreed.

The main things that most online United fans say is that McTominay isn't particularly good at anything. It's pathetic. It's like if a player doesn't ping a ball thirty yards like Scholes or doesn't skim past 4 players before launching the ball into the top corner ala Ronaldo then they aren't worthy of the shirt.

McTominay had a fine match against Liverpool and he had another good match tonight. I like how composed he is and his ball retentive skills are definitely the best in the Scotland squad. I like him. He seems like a nice lad, too, very humble, quiet and very eager to learn. In other words, he's a team player. Plus he really wants to play for Scotland. We should embrace him... unlike what the Man United "fans" are doing.