Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 96 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

44 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Good to see Burke started last night despite my fears that he wouldn't. Also looked like he had a good 90 minutes.

Only saw the highlights and he looked a bit quiet aside from the goal. Not really involved in any of the other chances they showed.
Hopefully someone saw the whole thing?

1 hour ago, andyD said:

Only saw the highlights and he looked a bit quiet aside from the goal. Not really involved in any of the other chances they showed.
Hopefully someone saw the whole thing?

I watched most of it, he was decent, had a good chance where he outpaced someone on the left wing and chose to shoot instead of cutting it back for another player. He put in a good shift and pressed Hibs into making mistakes. His goal took a lucky deflection but is still a goal that will give him some more confidence. Watched most of the games since his move to Celtic and he defo needs to get a transfer there. It would do his career a world of good and Celtic would benefit as well.

23 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Joe Bryan starts for Fulham - with Tierney out maybe he will get a back up left back slot in the March squads.

Cairney & McTominay on the bench for Fulham & Man U

Although he was once called up by our U21s he never played or even met up with the team. Earlier this season after signing for Fulham, he was on TV saying he hoped it would eventually lead to an England call up. :mad:

Pass.

Barry Douglas for me if Tierney is out.

30 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Although he was once called up by our U21s he never played or even met up with the team. Earlier this season after signing for Fulham, he was on TV saying he hoped it would eventually lead to an England call up. :mad:

Pass.

Barry Douglas for me if Tierney is out.

Did he say that??? If he did then Douglas defo yes. 

Douglas is good, Bryan is a good bit younger and playing in the league above was my thinking 

1 hour ago, Rude Gullit said:

Another two from Che Adams. Not convinced he'd be hugely better than what we've got but he's doing well this season

Got a hatrick in the end, he's clearly going to be playing epl pretty soon and it would be good of we get him to commit to us as he has alot of potential.

Edited by mccaughey85

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

Got a hatrick in the end, he's clearly going to be playing epl pretty soon and it would be good of we get him to commit to us as he has alot of potential.

We have asked him already and he couldn't or wouldn't commit. Sorry but do you want someone who is not committed to playing for us? I certainly don't.

1 hour ago, Burj_Alba said:

Who is the lad  Byers who scored the winner for Swansea? Got a Scottish flag next to his name in Flash Scores.

https://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/SMxSXZzg/#lineups;1

He's played for us at under 17's.  MoM today and would be good to see him get a run of games.

Regards Che Adams if he carries on like this he'll probably be in the next England squad.

Another good performance by Callum Paterson today. Played on the right hand side of a midfield four and won the ball 14 times in the air which is well, a bit silly. Can only assume that they were mostly attacking or defensive headers. Perhaps he has improved a lot since his move south and is now a good enough all round player to play in a variety of positions. I thought he did well enough at right back in our last two games to fill that spot. After some of my past comments that is a serious amount of humble pie.

Robertson was brilliant again.

5 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sorry but no. Just no. He was approached by us in 2017 but he was not willing to commit. I only want players committed to the cause thanks. He can do one.

He was approached by Mackay and he said he needed time to consider it.

we don’t know if eck has even approached him since taking over.

If he has and he wasn’t interested  then fair enough, but until he publicly says he doesn’t want to play for us then I’d try get him involved 

4 minutes ago, csinclair said:

If he has and he wasn’t interested  then fair enough, but until he publicly says he doesn’t want to play for us then I’d try get him involved 

I don't give a stuff who the manager was the SFA approached and asked him TWICE about representing Scotland in a U-21 and then later a friendly. Both times he did not want to commit. That's good enough for me. He doesn't want to play for us. 

11 hours ago, csinclair said:

He was obviously hedging his bets on how his career would be turning out, that's why he would not commit. Now it's on the up, his eyes will be on an England spot

14 hours ago, csinclair said:

What is stopping Che Adams (or anyone else) phoning up McLeish and saying he'd like to be considered for a Scotland cap? There's no dignity in a national manager chasing after players who are, at best, partially interested.

19 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He's played for us at under 17's.  MoM today and would be good to see him get a run of games.

Regards Che Adams if he carries on like this he'll probably be in the next England squad.

Another good performance by Callum Paterson today. Played on the right hand side of a midfield four and won the ball 14 times in the air which is well, a bit silly. Can only assume that they were mostly attacking or defensive headers. Perhaps he has improved a lot since his move south and is now a good enough all round player to play in a variety of positions. I thought he did well enough at right back in our last two games to fill that spot. After some of my past comments that is a serious amount of humble pie.

Robertson was brilliant again.

I don't think England will call up Che Adams, they have strikers doing well in the epl and Adams will be far down on the pecking order. If he gets an epl move and starts doing well there then he will definitely get a England squad call up. He's maybe holding out hope for that. Tbh it's probably for the best as he isn't committed to Scotland.