Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 92 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

17 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Don't really see any reason to keep Naismith and Russell unless some serious injury problems and even then I would prefer to  gamble with any of the younger players.

Sympathetic as I might be about Leigh Griffiths I think his international career is over and rightly so. There are few enough internationals to risk any one with an uncontrollable addiction.

Oliver Burke, yes,but he has a lot to do other than two good games against very week opposition

Would die to see what Shankland is capable of and hopefully he will get a move up very soon.

Brophy is worth keeping an eye on as he seem to be on the upgrade.

Not sure why you mentioned Greg Stewart, no were near good enough.

People on here getting totally carried away about Jack Harper, 23 year old who did Zilch until getting a game in the Spanish second division.

If Hornby starts getting games for Everton in EPL great, but until then all has really done is look good in his on age group. The Sunderland full team beat the Man City under 23's 2-0 midweek easily from what I heard.That's the difference 

If all that fails then hop aboard Che Adams.

One player you didn't mention was Callum Paterson who I think should be considered.

Hornby has looked good as an 18 year old at u21 level, so not his own age group. He’d walk into most SPFL sides. 

2 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Cummings doesn't even appear good enough for League 1. Peterborough were looking to loan him to MK Dons and Lincoln in League 2!

It's not that black and white, though. He's good enough for the SPL and the English Championship, but it's his personality and his character that's curtailing his career.

Hibs fans were in hysterics when they saw the video of him "Wrestling" that guys Grado, but you could tell right there that he wasn't "all there". Then there was the video of his trashing his house, and now he posts a video of him going "head to head" with a speed-camera.

I think he needs psychological help otherwise he'll his career with be over. There's no helping someone who won't help themselves, though.

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

It's not that black and white, though. He's good enough for the SPL and the English Championship, but it's his personality and his character that's curtailing his career.

Hibs fans were in hysterics when they saw the video of him "Wrestling" that guys Grado, but you could tell right there that he wasn't "all there". Then there was the video of his trashing his house, and now he posts a video of him going "head to head" with a speed-camera.

I think he needs psychological help otherwise he'll his career with be over. There's no helping someone who won't help themselves, though.

Something about strikers and Hibs in recent years...

59 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Just read that Willie Mackay's 22 year old twin sons, Jack and Paul both signed for Cardiff last January. One is a defender, the other a striker. Don't know how good they are but they have been at the same three clubs together and leave at the same time (Doncaster, Leeds, Cardiff)

aye, I looked that up on the back of McKay's involvement (or non involvement) in arranging the aeroplane that crashed with the Cardiff striker. The movements of his two sons all seems a bit fishy! 

2 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

aye, I looked that up on the back of McKay's involvement (or non involvement) in arranging the aeroplane that crashed with the Cardiff striker. The movements of his two sons all seems a bit fishy! 

It seems daddy might like to put a word in? It's just strange they join and leave at the same time, maybe conjoined twins?

15 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Barrie McKay with a slight assist for McBurnie’s second, then a goal of his own. He seemed to be playing in central midfield which is his best position. McKay will be in future Scotland squads.

Easy there. 

The desperation on the part of some to get more and more mediocre Rangers (and former Rangers) players into our national team just like in "the good old days" is :rollsmile:

McKay is not good enough.

McGregor, Armstrong and Christie will no doubt be fearing for their places in the first XI because Barrie McKay scored a goal against Gillingham in the FA Cup. :um-no:

6 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Easy there. 

The desperation on the part of some to get more and more mediocre Rangers (and former Rangers) players into our national team just like in "the good old days" is :rollsmile:

McKay is not good enough.

McGregor, Armstrong and Christie will no doubt be fearing for their places in the first XI because Barrie McKay scored a goal against Gillingham in the FA Cup. :um-no:

It's not a good idea to have all our eggs in one club's basket: they can all be pulled out, leaving a huge hole. That said, Forrest, McGregor and Christie are certain starters.

So, 3 players in the cup game last night, Chelsea vs Sheffield Wednesday.

Thought Fletcher did ok. Worked really hard, held it up a couple of times, but a pretty thankless task against a top Premier League side, with no help from those around him.

Disappointed that Bannan got a bit swallowed up by it all. Showed some good touches and did knock some good passes over the top, but Wednesday had no real pace to make the most of it. But also gave it away a few times. No great shame, given he was up against Kovacic (Real Madrid and World Cup runner up), but still. Not his best game.

Liam Palmer had a difficult task at right back against the roaming Willian. Willian was probably Chelsea's best player, but I thought Palmer actually did well. Was disciplined in defense and broke forward a few times to decent effect.