Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 82 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

On 12/28/2018 at 2:21 PM, Chripper said:

….well said...?

On topic, Snodgrass and Armstrong were fantastic last night, both of them players just behind the strikers.

Which just goes to show that we have umpteen attacking midfielders and no (good) defensive midfielders. People bemoan our lack of right back, but the anchorman position is equally as spartan.

After his performance today, that might well turn out to be McCrorie. And you will be pleased to know that Aberdeen played 3 at the back today...

28 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

After his performance today, that might well turn out to be McCrorie. And you will be pleased to know that Aberdeen played 3 at the back today...

He did play well, hopefully he's done enough to earn a starting place on a permanent basis.

They did? Very cool. They started with 7 Scots, too.

21 hours ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Just read he fractured his skull in this game and played on. 

Saw this kid play 2 1/2 years ago in preseason for Reading U21s in a pre-season game against a Maidenhead team that would go on to win the Conference South that year and thought he was a real standout.  Couldn't believe he was only just 17 at the time. 

We have the makings of a not bad side....  if we could only find a world class centre forward, a right footed full back as good as Robertson, hope that two of our centre halfs mature to international class defenders, and pray that our goalies don’t go over the hill, we will be fine!

3 hours ago, Malcolm said:

We have the makings of a not bad side....  if we could only find a world class centre forward, a right footed full back as good as Robertson, hope that two of our centre halfs mature to international class defenders, and pray that our goalies don’t go over the hill, we will be fine!

I think your spot on... with the gilmours and other youngsters, we could be heading for another golden age............ I fecking hope...

On 12/29/2018 at 3:07 PM, Malcolm said:

Squad player.... probably cover for McGinn.  I would certainly hAve him ahead of mctominay.

Not very forward thinking to call up a player with next to no international experience at the age he is, don't think even Aberdeen  had been calling for his inclusion when he was younger and a major player for them

22 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Graeme Shinnie.

Jack can also cover right back very well as he showed against Holland. 

One player who shouldn't be in the squad for another.

21 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Ryan jack bossed the Celtic midfield today.... showed brown up as yesterday’s man.  I hope no club bias is being shown here.  Absolutely worthy of a place in the squad.

Totally agree about Brown, but one very good performance hardly makes you international class. Your a Rangers fan, were have the call up demands been before today? 

Really have to get out of this mindset that a few decent games gets you into the Scotland squad.

58 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Not very forward thinking to call up a player with next to no international experience at the age he is, don't think even Aberdeen  had been calling for his inclusion when he was younger and a major player for them

One player who shouldn't be in the squad for another.

Totally agree about Brown, but one very good performance hardly makes you international class. Your a Rangers fan, were have the call up demands been before today? 

Really have to get out of this mindset that a few decent games gets you into the Scotland squad.

Incorrect, I’m not a Rangers fan,  I support a different club.

33 minutes ago, SWMM82 said:

Gauld scored a double for Farense in the league today.....for those who still believe he may have something to offer at international level.

I've kind of kept an eye on him without trying to. Noticed that he's started a number of games now and not been subbed. Going to keep on not noticing him and keep my fingers crossed for him.