Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 81 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

6 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Just looking at the Rangers line-up (pleasing to see the number of Scots starting is increasing) and wondered who Dallas was on the bench. Hard to find much but sounded interesting. Can't see that he's been called up for Scotland at any age, is he a Scot? There's a few articles online which speculate that he's ready for the first team but that's what you always get.

On another note Naismith has scored and the Jambos are ready to resume their title challenge!

Andrew Dallas. He has a few after match interviews on his twitter and he is Scottish. Scored a hat-trick against Hamburg recently for the gers u19s

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

On 12/24/2018 at 8:51 AM, kwhitelaw said:

Not quite.  He was thrown in the deep end last season against PSG, performed well against Neymar and looked like he would keep Lustig out the team before a dip in form.  He's 20 years old, still learning and a great prospect for the future.  The fact he's already the go to back up RB at the best team in the country shows without a doubt he's a prospect! 

Your making yourself look a bit daft writing him off already!!

Did Celtic not lose thst game 5-0?

Tbf to Ralston he deserves a chance to prove himself, he has shown he can handle a certain level domestically and shouldn't be judged on the psg game where Celtic were pretty dreadful and most ppl get roasted by neymar anyways. If he's performing reasonably well in 2 years time and has developed into a decent RB then he will definitely be a squad option.

47 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Tbf to Ralston he deserves a chance to prove himself, he has shown he can handle a certain level domestically and shouldn't be judged on the psg game where Celtic were pretty dreadful and most ppl get roasted by neymar anyways. If he's performing reasonably well in 2 years time and has developed into a decent RB then he will definitely be a squad option.

I don't think there needs to be a 2 year wait, if he makes the RB position his own and puts in impressive performances for the 2nd half of the season he should be considered.

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

2 years!? 

We have no right backs. If he performs well in the next half dozen games then he’s a shout for the next squad. 

Armstrong was excellent last night for Southampton. He personally didn’t deserve to be on the losing side. His passing was superb. Pingin’ it about like Pirlo at sone points. Can’t say I’ve ever really noticed that aspect of his game before. Looked to be playing with a lot of confidence.

Snoddy had a good solid game too, without being spectacular. 

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

2 years!? 

We have no right backs. If he performs well in the next half dozen games then he’s a shout for the next squad. 

Well maybe not 2 years but my point was more that he may well turn into a really good RB in a couple of years and we will then have a good option there. If he performs well in the second half of the season then he should be in the squad.

2 hours ago, Marky said:

Armstrong was excellent last night for Southampton. He personally didn’t deserve to be on the losing side. His passing was superb. Pingin’ it about like Pirlo at sone points. Can’t say I’ve ever really noticed that aspect of his game before. Looked to be playing with a lot of confidence.

Snoddy had a good solid game too, without being spectacular. 

Always Liked Armstrong and glad to see him playing well at  Southampton. Would be good to see  Snoddy back in the squad if he continues to play well.

5 hours ago, Marky said:

Whilst playing in a 3-4-3?! I don't believe you!! Apparently Scotland players are unable to play in any system that begins with a 3. It confuses the little cherubs.

:P

(I agree with you)

3 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

It really is hard to understand why people on this board are frequently lining up to have pops at your posts.

No. It's not. 

Some people are delicate doilies.

A guy popped up and said that Ryan Fraser was rubbish when Bournemouth played 3 at the back (I debunked it). So, I can't counter the other side when one our players excels? No? Against the rules is it?

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

😂😂

….well said...?

On topic, Snodgrass and Armstrong were fantastic last night, both of them players just behind the strikers.

Which just goes to show that we have umpteen attacking midfielders and no (good) defensive midfielders. People bemoan our lack of right back, but the anchorman position is equally as spartan.

4 hours ago, Chripper said:

No. It's not. 

Some people are delicate doilies.

A guy popped up and said that Ryan Fraser was rubbish when Bournemouth played 3 at the back (I debunked it). So, I can't counter the other side when one our players excels? No? Against the rules is it?

That was me and you didn't debunk (debunk, check the dictionary)  it be any means, truth is despite being a player who played all over the pitch last season he is by far best on the left side of midfield in front of a left back. I really can't understand how you don't see that. Check Bournemouth's results and tell me that they should play three at the back. Even with a back four and a 5-0 defeat against Tottenham  Fraser was just about their only player to get pass marks.

Armstrong can play in a back three formation (excel,check the dictionary) ,seems to have played  pretty well in a back four for Scotland in last two games.

You seem to cherry pick players to suit you arguments, while avoiding the obvious with others. that would oppose your ideas.

I don't think I have ever been as arrogant as to say I have debunked any ones opinion, yet you seem to suggest that you do all the time.

2 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Apologies, missed that.But 2 goals and an assist against Leicester for MOM (15th September) with a back four could be seen as a better performance

True.

1 hour ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Just read he fractured his skull in this game and played on. 

Wow. That made me laugh... it shouldn't have.

I wonder what'll happen to him during his 2nd match...