Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 64 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

44 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Where has this come from?

Fairly sure Stevie May & Murray Davidson have been called up in recent years while at Saints 

It’s just peeving me just now when I watch other ‘keepers being mentioned who are no better than Clark. The guy is on an all time record clean sheet shut out for Saints right now in the top flight and he has been playing well for a lot longer than just a wee spell this season. He is at a great age and is a real big laddie with the reflexes to go with it. 

2 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

I think it might be matic centre defence and mctominay holding mid but we’ll see. Would be nice to see him in the holding midfield role. 

A couple of different lineups I've looked at online are showing him at centre half. I guess we'll see when the game starts. 

6 minutes ago, jamboman said:

3 goals in 2 games for a poor team... Great to see him playing again and this well

Why is mctominey in defence?

Down to lack of players due to injuries. He’s been thrown into the Lions Den. Shame because he could turn out a decent holding midfielder for us but they are wasting him in defence then probably hooking him at half time. 

24 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Down to lack of players due to injuries. He’s been thrown into the Lions Den. Shame because he could turn out a decent holding midfielder for us but they are wasting him in defence then probably hooking him at half time. 

He’s done okay so far. He’s 6ft 4in, strong and quick. I’m not sure it’s all that controversial. 

22 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

He’s done okay so far. He’s 6ft 4in, strong and quick. I’m not sure it’s all that controversial. 

In certain games we'll need him in front of the two centre halves instead of McGregor but not doing him any harm to get some in at centre half, once our problem position.

6 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

His 4th was a peach. 

What impresses me the most with him other than his goal scoring is his link up play. He's obviously realised that is was the last chance saloon for full time football, he's had to work hard and obviously Ayr are playing in a style that suits him. He'll go on to bigger and better things however if Ayr get promoted then another season at San Somerset would work for both parties 

21 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

Beautiful assist from Snoddy today. I really would love to see him back in the squad. Not only is he playing really well, but I think he's a fantastic personality to have in the dressing room. 

He's a guy who should be always in squad. He has always been dedicated to the cause, and he's carried alot of clubs who were relegation battlers.

2 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

He's a guy who should be always in squad. He has always been dedicated to the cause, and he's carried alot of clubs who were relegation battlers.

Not if he’s not up to the level required. Nobody should get a free pass.

11 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

Beautiful assist from Snoddy today. I really would love to see him back in the squad. Not only is he playing really well, but I think he's a fantastic personality to have in the dressing room. 

It's astonishing to me that Snodgrass is playing at that level. He's a decent player that has had a decent career, but it tells you about the standard of players below the top 5 or 6, that he is playing and seemingly playing well at that level.

39 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

I would say Leighton's error against Brazil in 1990 (combined with McLeish's ball watching) was worse than anything in 1998. 

Watching the Scotland Vs Morocco match again I don't think it was a bad performance. Certainly not as bad as I thought it was at the time. All three of their goals could've and should've been stopped.

If Burley wasn't sent off we would've probably have drawn the match.

26 minutes ago, Mox said:

It's astonishing to me that Snodgrass is playing at that level. He's a decent player that has had a decent career, but it tells you about the standard of players below the top 5 or 6, that he is playing and seemingly playing well at that level.

That's the thing, take out Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool the rest of the league is just an extension of the English Championship.

The EPL is massively overrated.

Head-for-head, La Liga is the best league in the world.

7 hours ago, Chripper said:

That's the thing, take out Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool the rest of the league is just an extension of the English Championship.

Couldn't agree more.  The Epl is the self professed "best league in the world".  Financially maybe.

7 hours ago, Chripper said:

👍