Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 63 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

4 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Nothing but he hasn't played that much. Is younger than Greegs and gordon though - dunno why he is not in contention.

Oh aye, forgot about him...  decent goalie.   Probably not in my top 4 though... is he getting a game nowadays?

btw.  Nothing against Celtic goalies.. just most of the time when I was growing up they had an Irish or English goalie play8ng...  Craig Gordon is good though, particularly when he was at hearts 👍

6 hours ago, Malcolm said:

My view.... possibly not everyone’s is our top 5 goalies in my lifetime in order are:

1. Goram

2. Mcgregor

3. Leighton

4. Gordon

5. Dunno...   but def worse than these...

Sullivan, Douglas, roughie, billy Thomson, all decent...

For 1v1 type situations both goram and McGregor excellent.

Rab Douglas was horseshit for Scotland. 

4 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Best available at the time...  lots of average goalies over the last 40 years.... the ones I listed in my top 4 stand out for me

He got a game because he was at Celtic and was huge in size. But for such a big scary cunt he was an absolute pussy in his box. He used to close his eyes when catching crosses and instead of coming out Schmeichel style to use his frame to make the goal smaller he would pussy it. He was horseshit and never international standard.

Edited by Ormond

11 minutes ago, Ormond said:

He got a game because he was at Celtic and was huge in size. But for such a big scary cunt he was an absolute pussy in his box. He used to close his eyes when catching crosses and instead of coming out Schmeichel style to use his frame to make the goal smaller he would pussy it. He was horseshit and never international standard.

Yup. There was the infamous pics after the 6-0 game in Amsterdam where the still-shots showed him with his eyes shut for each goal at the very crucial moment. 

27 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Yup. There was the infamous pics after the 6-0 game in Amsterdam where the still-shots showed him with his eyes shut for each goal at the very crucial moment. 

I had money on the Scotland Austria friendly in Austria where Gordon started in goals and we were two up at half time. Then Douglas came on and had the worst half ever for us the useless prick by throwing in two goals. Cunt cost me big bucks. 

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Think this is harsh on both Douglas and Marshall.

Marshall is still decent.

We are okay at present for keepers with;

Allan McGregor 

Craig Gordon 

Scott Bain 

Liam Kelly 

David Marshall 

Jordan Archer 

Jon McLaughlin 

in roughly that order I’d say.

the tit in charge of the u21s wouldn't even call up Kelly.

Baffling.

4 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Think this is harsh on both Douglas and Marshall.

Marshall is still decent.

We are okay at present for keepers with;

Allan McGregor 

Craig Gordon 

Scott Bain 

Liam Kelly 

David Marshall 

Jordan Archer 

Jon McLaughlin 

in roughly that order I’d say.

I want to know why everyone seems conditioned into conveniently ignoring how outstanding Zander Clark has been for Saints. He’s a monster, great age, nothing can get past him just now(literally nothing). 

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

I want to know why everyone seems conditioned into conveniently ignoring how outstanding Zander Clark has been for Saints. He’s a monster, great age, nothing can get past him just now(literally nothing). 

He’s probably about next after all those keepers

5 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

He’s probably about next after all those keepers

Because he plays for Diddy Saints. 🙄

If Steve Clarke was his boss he’d be on the verge of the squad such is the wankfest over Clarke. 

Before anyone says it, I want Clarke to be Scotland’s next boss. I just feel that any player remotely connected to him right now is getting credit before other greatly deserving players such as Zander Clark. 

27 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Because he plays for Diddy Saints. 🙄

If Steve Clarke was his boss he’d be on the verge of the squad such is the wankfest over Clarke. 

Before anyone says it, I want Clarke to be Scotland’s next boss. I just feel that any player remotely connected to him right now is getting credit before other greatly deserving players such as Zander Clark. 

Where has this come from?

Fairly sure Stevie May & Murray Davidson have been called up in recent years while at Saints