Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 62 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

5 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

After his 'performance' against Israel when he came on as sub, the best assist he could give would be to give up his place to Oliver Burke.

15 minutes out of position against Isreal  is a sound basis to judge a player.

If we can, and I think we should, find a formation that suits he is natural cover for Forrest.

I wonder some time why people bother watching football when they have all ready decided what they will see before it happens.

5 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

After his 'performance' against Israel when he came on as sub, the best assist he could give would be to give up his place to Oliver Burke.

Oliver Burke is the most overhyped player I think we've ever had.

Can't get near a West Brom side with Matt Phillips in it.

One of the laziest players I've seen player for Scotland at any level too.

7 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Said on SSN this morning Charlie Gilmour is starting tonight in Europa League 

interesting, surprised he is still there, i think he was close to going to dundee utd not that long ago 

as for the other gilmore , great he is training with the first team squad but cant imagine he will be anywhere near game time with his physique at present 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Oliver Burke is the most overhyped player I think we've ever had.

Can't get near a West Brom side with Matt Phillips in it.

One of the laziest players I've seen player for Scotland at any level too.

He’s a curious case. It could be argued the goal he score at Toulon, where he started from around the half way line,  could not have been scored by an other Scottish player. 

2 hours ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Came on for the last 15 mins. A surprise as this was a player i'd started to think wasn't really being considered. Still a long way to go but fantastic to see.

Hope he can get a good loan move.

Apparently first Scot to play for Arsenal first team in 21 years. Quite amazing stat considering amount of Scots they have had in their history. Who was last one? Scott Marshall Nov 97

Edited by GHfaeGTA

5 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Alan McGregor immense tonight.  Scotland’s number one looks like he could go on for another four years.  I’d put him alongside Goram as our best ever goalie.

I know he never played for Rangers but could I give Jim Leighton's 91 caps, 40 clean sheets, and best ever Scotland keeper performance v Sweden a wee mention?

9 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I know he never played for Rangers but could I give Jim Leighton's 91 caps, 40 clean sheets, and best ever Scotland keeper performance v Sweden a wee mention?

Best Scotland keeper in my lifetime. 👍

1 hour ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Good to see both Scottish clubs performing well in the Europa League, the better they do the more it improves our coefficient and gives Scottish players a chance to play European football which is the closest thing to international football.

This. Considering some of the results our clubs have had in Europe in previous seasons, to have two clubs going into the final matchday with knockout stage qualification in their hands is a major boost for us. Also taking into account that Aberdeen took an English club all the way and Hibs did very well in three of their four games this season, perhaps we've moved out of the doldrums that we've been in for years at club level.

My view.... possibly not everyone’s is our top 5 goalies in my lifetime in order are:

1. Goram

2. Mcgregor

3. Leighton

4. Gordon

5. Dunno...   but def worse than these...

Sullivan, Douglas, roughie, billy Thomson, all decent...

For 1v1 type situations both goram and McGregor excellent.

17 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

My view.... possibly not everyone’s is our top 5 goalies in my lifetime in order are:

1. Goram

2. Mcgregor

3. Leighton

4. Gordon

5. Dunno...   but def worse than these...

Sullivan, Douglas, roughie, billy Thomson, all decent...

For 1v1 type situations both goram and McGregor excellent.

What has Marshall done wrong, apart from play for Celtic?