Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 61 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

31 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

McKenna, Souttar, Bates, Hendry, Hanley, Cooper, Mulgrew, Lindsay, Wilson 

We’re not that bad for centre back depth at all now. 

McKenna (SPL), Souttar, (SPL) Bates, (Bundesliga 2) Hendry, (SPL) Hanley, (Championship) Cooper (Championship), Mulgrew (Championship), Lindsay (League One), Wilson (MLS)

Trouble is, none of them play at the highest level. I have hopes for the first three, but the others have either had their chances or they're yesterday's men.

21 minutes ago, Chripper said:

McKenna (SPL), Souttar, (SPL) Bates, (Bundesliga 2) Hendry, (SPL) Hanley, (Championship) Cooper (Championship), Mulgrew (Championship), Lindsay (League One), Wilson (MLS)

Trouble is, none of them play at the highest level. I have hopes for the first three, but the others have either had their chances or they're yesterday's men.

It’s not too bad.

If the squads are sensibly picked we have good depth and plenty of youth.

All the call offs were a blessing in disguise for the last round of matches. 

5 hours ago, Chripper said:

Some of them are still quite young, so they'll still have the chance to increase their level in the coming years. All going well, we could see Bates and Cooper in their respective top flights next season.

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Billy Gilmour training with Chelsea's first team.

Talk of him being in squad for the weekend against Fulham.

No way! That would be huge. 

The more I read about the lad the more he sounds like the real deal. I hope he can keep on the path he has outlined for himself.

55 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

No mention of McBurnies goal tonight.

said elsewere he should have got some more game time against Albania when we were cruising. I still think he will become our best forward in decades.

He's going along nicely this season. Hopefully he keeps it up and makes a solid place for himself in the squad.

19 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

Some of them are still quite young, so they'll still have the chance to increase their level in the coming years. All going well, we could see Bates and Cooper in their respective top flights next season.

True.

I do think we should stop thinking about Danny Wilson, though.