Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 58 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

8 hours ago, Bino's said:

Against Canada he played defensive midfield did he not

I think he played almost a ten against costa rica and him and McDonald were awful that night

I think he's lost interest anyway

Carney  should be our number 10, with McGregor in the holding position. Hopefully he gets match fit...

1 hour ago, andyD said:

Not tempted to see Christie in there? Given his form and eye for goal?

Christie every day before the Cairney, I get the impression Christie would run through a brick wall for any team he played for. 

Just now, kumnio said:

Theres really no point coming all righteous because he has had two good games. He has been dreadful at best in most games, if he can stay at this level, no one will be complaining about it.

Spot on 👍🏻

Just now, Scotland Ever More said:

Spot on fuck all, you had pretty much wrote him off and he bangs in 5 goals in two games. How many of the players you were wanting in before him have done that in a Scotland jersey?

This post sums you up, we’ve just had a superb win and you’re on here to have a go at other Scotland fans who rightly criticised a player for his previous poor performances. I cheered just a loud for Forrest and Scotland tonight because all I and every other fan wants is for Forrest to turn in that type of performance because we see him do it every week for celtic.

6 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Spot on fuck all, you had pretty much wrote him off and he bangs in 5 goals in two games. How many of the players you were wanting in before him have done that in a Scotland jersey?

Get a grip FFS, he was written off because he has constantly been shite. Your wee club mentality is shining right through.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

This post sums you up, we’ve just had a superb win and you’re on here to have a go at other Scotland fans who rightly criticised a player for his previous poor performances. I cheered just a loud for Forrest and Scotland tonight because all I and every other fan wants is for Forrest to turn in that type of performance because we see him do it every week for celtic.

No, your accusations that people only want certain players in the team because they play for their club sums you up. Absolute pish talk. Same as RenfrewBlue with the stuff about McLeish in the other thread

Maybe you both should consider that we want them playing because we want Scotland to do well and no other reason.

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Get a grip FFS, he was written off because he has constantly been shite. Your wee club mentality is shining right through.

Well if you're writing players off at a time when they're playing the best football of their careers then you're a bit silly, aren't you?

Well if you're writing players off at a time when they're playing the best football of their careers then you're a bit silly, aren't you?

27 years old

24 mainly dreadful appearances

7 year Scotland career

0 (zero) goals scored

You think thats too early to make a judgement then?

7 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

No, your accusations that people only want certain players in the team because they play for their club sums you up. Absolute pish talk. Same as RenfrewBlue with the stuff about McLeish in the other thread

Maybe you both should consider that we want them playing because we want Scotland to do well and no other reason.

I accused pasta mick of only Wanting Celtic players, he admitted it too. So what your Point? 

Do you struggle to read? I just said I’m happy for Forrest and Scotland. 

Keep lashing out, hopefully you get banned again and you can blame everyone else for it again too.

Edited by vanderark14

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I accused pasta mick of Wanting Celtic players, he admitted it too. So what your Point? 

Do you struggle to read? I just said I’m happy for Forrest and Scotland. 

Keep lashing out, hopefully you get banned again and you can blame everyone else for it again too.

Banned for what exactly? Pointing out that your posts about Forrest have now made you look foolish. I don't think that's a banning offence but you can run to the mods and ask them.

Oh and you said the same to me as you did to Pasta Mick. Let's not tell fibs. 

Banned for what exactly? Pointing out that your posts about Forrest have now made you look foolish. I don't think that's a banning offence but you can run to the mods and ask them.

Yup, you definitely can’t read. 

20 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Great that he has had two good games.

But which of the previous 24 have been up to scratch?

Off the top of my head, I can maybe think of 3 or possibly 4

Be really interesting to know which performances you think were acceptable.

5 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I suggest you go back and look over our conversation. I only accused pasta not you. Of that I’m certain. In that same conversation on the 7th of October you’ll see me repeat the same again about Forrest, that I was desperate for both him and Fraser to replicate their club form for Scotland. 

5 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Great that he has had two good games.

But which of the previous 24 have been up to scratch?

Off the top of my head, I can maybe think of 3 or possibly 4

Be really interesting to know which performances you think were acceptable.

I wasn't suggesting he be in the team based on previous Scotland performances (although he hasn't been anywhere near as bad as people have made out either). It was based on him having the best spell for his club that he's ever had and the fact that, at 27, he's approaching his so called prime years. He's done well in Europe for his club as well as domestically, how many other of these players who should be ahead of him can that be said about?

Didn't take a footballing genius to see he deserves a proper run in the team with a system that suits him. He's had a raw deal from the Scotland support up until now and a lot of myths have spouted about him (can't cross, pick a pass etc)

47 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I wasn't suggesting he be in the team based on previous Scotland performances (although he hasn't been anywhere near as bad as people have made out either). It was based on him having the best spell for his club that he's ever had and the fact that, at 27, he's approaching his so called prime years. He's done well in Europe for his club as well as domestically, how many other of these players who should be ahead of him can that be said about?

Didn't take a footballing genius to see he deserves a proper run in the team with a system that suits him. He's had a raw deal from the Scotland support up until now and a lot of myths have spouted about him (can't cross, pick a pass etc)

Honestly, you are talking (mostly) rubbish.  Forrest has had plenty games playing in his ideal position on the right.  As many have said he has been very poor.  I think I mentioned in a post a few weeks back that Forrest is a good player when your team is doing well.

i am delighted that Forrest has played a blinder these last two games.  I hope that we can say the same when we come up against some quality opposition.