Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 57 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

4 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Fraser is best when he plays through the middle, mainly because he isn't an out-and-out winger who is going to ghost past a fullback and whip in a cross. He might have pace (or maybe not) but he rarely beats players.

With 3 goals and 6 assists (more than any other player in the EPL this season) he's showing he can do alright playing on the left of midfield. I think we've got to give him a chance to start. 

7 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Fraser is best when he plays through the middle, mainly because he isn't an out-and-out winger who is going to ghost past a fullback and whip in a cross. He might have pace (or maybe not) but he rarely beats players.

Seen him beat loads of players from the games I have watched. I would be up for playing him through the middle. One thing for sure is he should be starting for us as he is probably our only player bar Robertson and Tierney who could play for a top 6 EPL side.

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

No doubt that he could play more centrally but he's fine out wide. He always seems to have enough pace to whip the ball in.

3 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Honestly, I think some people on here make comments without having seen the players.

I think there is one poster in particular who just posts a load of rubbish to be honest.

He plays on the left for Bournemouth, but of course has licence to roam as an attack develops, he also takes players on all the time.

Ryan Fraser doesn't beat people. It isn't a criticism. How many players does Raheem Sterling beat? A heluva less since Guardiola became his manager. Now he's turned into a far more rounded player. Football is a passing game, not a dribbling one.

I talk rubbish? Yes, it's easier to put a lazy label on a person rather than open your mind.

“Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect.” - Edgar Allan Poe.

Edited by Chripper

1 minute ago, Chripper said:

Ryan Fraser doesn't beat people. It isn't a criticism. How many players does Raheem Sterling beat? A heluva less since Guardiola became his manager. Now he's turned into a far more rounded player Football is a passing game, not a dribbling one.

I talk rubbish? Yes, it's easier to put a lazy label on a person rather than open your mind.

“Men have called me mad; but the question is not yet settled, whether madness is or is not the loftiest intelligence– whether much that is glorious– whether all that is profound– does not spring from disease of thought– from moods of mind exalted at the expense of the general intellect.” - Edgar Allan Poe.

Seriously pal, he does beat players. A lot. He wins a lot of free-kicks and penalties as defenders try and deal with his trickery.

Personally, I think Fraser is the best Scottish footballer about just now. It won't be long until he is at a top 6 side in England. He is fast, skilful and creates lots of chances. 

2 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Seriously pal, he does beat players. A lot. He wins a lot of free-kicks and penalties as defenders try and deal with his trickery.

Personally, I think Fraser is the best Scottish footballer about just now. It won't be long until he is at a top 6 side in England. He is fast, skilful and creates lots of chances. 

Yeah, he does get fouled a lot and create a lot, but ala Sterling, it's often when he drifts into the middle.

Everyone has their opinion, if everyone thought the same and said the same things then what a vanilla place the world would be.

Everyone's opinion ought to be respected. People deriding my comments and/or opinions is narrow minded. :)

5 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Yeah, he does get fouled a lot and create a lot, but ala Sterling, it's often when he drifts into the middle.

Everyone has their opinion, if everyone thought the same and said the same things then what a vanilla place the world would be.

Everyone's opinion ought to be respected. People deriding my comments and/or opinions is narrow minded. :)

Agree.

With Forrest and Fraser in the team we should win a few free-kicks in good positions. I'm not sure we have the players to make the most of it with both Mulgrew and Griffiths missing. 

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

Agree.

With Forrest and Fraser in the team we should win a few free-kicks in good positions. I'm not sure we have the players to make the most of it with both Mulgrew and Griffiths missing. 

I actually don't mind people disagreeing with me, as long as they do it In a respectful and constructive manner.

To be honest with you, I think we're in a bit of a pickle. The pool of players that we have to choose from is pretty shallow at the best of times, so when you add injures, red lights are flashing.

3 hours ago, Chripper said:

Fraser is quick and beats players. He’s also two footed and so can go in or outside. Nearly ever time i’ve seen him he’s skinned a player inside the box, hit the bye line and played it across goal. With Robertson overlapping and Fraser going either way it will be a very potent combination and one that wouldn’t be possible with three at the back. 

Edited by er yir macaroon

26 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I actually don't mind people disagreeing with me, as long as they do it In a respectful and constructive manner.

To be honest with you, I think we're in a bit of a pickle. The pool of players that we have to choose from is pretty shallow at the best of times, so when you add injures, red lights are flashing.

I think it's ok. I'm feeling positive. You look at the teams folks have been posting and it's a strong team with still support to come in. Striker is the only real concern (and yeah, a pretty big deal) although we can't lose another centre back. But it's positive to see youngsters coming in and fighting for a spot.

Many of the call-offs haven't been ones to rely on although Mulgrew is a big loss at the moment.

2 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

Fraser is quick and beats players. He’s also two footed and so can go in or outside. Nearly ever time i’ve seen him he’s skinned a player inside the box, hit the bye line and played it across goal. With Robertson overlapping and Fraser going either way it will be a very potent combination and one that wouldn’t be possible with three at the back. 

Agree with this. Robertson at lb with Fraser ahead of him. When Fraser drifts inside it gives Robertson space down the line. 

8 hours ago, jamboman said:

watching MOTD. Has Tom Cairney ever had the chance to play 10 for us?? I remember only one time against Canada and he was the best player. Apart from that Mcleish played him in some sort of wide position against costa rica. 

Against Canada he played defensive midfield did he not

I think he played almost a ten against costa rica and him and McDonald were awful that night

I think he's lost interest anyway

Watched the Sheffield Derby on Friday night.
Bannan and Fleck both had good games, tho Bannan did have a couple of wayward passes late on, but he covered a ridiculous amount of ground and really set the tone for his team's gritty performance. Fletcher was isolated, but did a decent job of winning balls forward and making things happen for those tho did get somewhere near him. Some nice touches and layoffs. He's certainly been in worse form.

59 minutes ago, andyD said:

Watched the Sheffield Derby on Friday night.
Bannan and Fleck both had good games, tho Bannan did have a couple of wayward passes late on, but he covered a ridiculous amount of ground and really set the tone for his team's gritty performance. Fletcher was isolated, but did a decent job of winning balls forward and making things happen for those tho did get somewhere near him. Some nice touches and layoffs. He's certainly been in worse form.

Whilst I understand why Flecks not been in the squad it was a concern that Sheff Utd have stated that no SFA official has asked for tickets to watch them. Could have gone to away games but how extensive is McLeish's scouting network?

1 hour ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Whilst I understand why Flecks not been in the squad it was a concern that Sheff Utd have stated that no SFA official has asked for tickets to watch them. Could have gone to away games but how extensive is McLeish's scouting network?

he watches sky sports news