Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 55 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

No Mulgrew for Blackburn. Quote from Tony Mowbray...

“I’m just trying to make my physio aware when he’s filling these forms, if Charlie can’t play for us this weekend, and he didn’t play last weekend, that he cannot be going to Scotland because we need him really.

“He is our captain, he is our leader, we don’t need him going away and creating more of a problem than what he’s already got.”

McKenna and Devlin the only out-and-out centre backs in the squad now. 

If Mulgrew is out I think it'll be more likely we'll play 4 at the back. 

1 minute ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

No Mulgrew for Blackburn. Quote from Tony Mowbray...

McKenna and Devlin the only out-and-out centre backs in the squad now. 

If Mulgrew is out I think it'll be more likely we'll play 4 at the back. 

I suppose the giveaway will be if Mulgrew does pull out and McLeish calls up a replacement centre-back. If he does then I think its a very good indication of the formation he will play. 

From the BBC's live text:

I have to say I've been mightily impressed by Staurt Armstrong in the first period. I was wondering how he'd go after arriving at St. Mary's from Celtic in the summer.

And so far, it's not exactly been great.

But he covered the most ground of any Southampton player (5.41km) in the first half on his first start since the opening day and has provided some badly needed cutting edge

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes.

Lets be honest here (if you are watching the match) he had done nothing up until that moment. He was Johnny on the spot for the goal heading in a deflected cross unmarked from 4 yards out. Even the commentators have him tagged as a 'makeshift striker'. The fact that so many want him in speaks buckets on how desperate we are as supporters and how desperate Scotland are at present.

Tbf if he carries on scoring then we would have to consider him for the striker spot for the first team. There's only so much you can attribute to luck as he's scored 3 in 4. If he carries on that form then he could be a good striker at EPL level.

I agree with starting Tierney at right back.  My point is rather than calling up a right back to replace SOD when we have versatile players who could play there if needed, I want Rhodes added to the squad....and yes I am being totally biased, I really want Jordan to get his second coming. 

6 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

This might not go down well with some on here but Che Adams is playing well, only 22, scored a hatrick today. Maybe it would be worth calling him up sometime to see if he is interested in representing us.

It goes down well with me pal because we need a striker on form and if he's eligible then take a look 

1 minute ago, noctonjock said:

It goes down well with me pal because we need a striker on form and if he's eligible then take a look 

He does look a promising player who could go onto a higher level in the future. But also he would probably only be choosing us because he wont get a game with England. Certainly worth a shout if he keeps up his form.

3 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Patterson is not a right back....  you would be as well playing John McGinn there.  He will need to call up another right back.

Patterson played right back for years at hearts and has played there for Scotland

As has Ryan Jack and Kieran Tierney

Any one of them would be fine