Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 51 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

5 hours ago, SWMM82 said:

You don’t half have it in for him! Like it or not Forrest is one of the best, if not the best winger available to us, along with Fraser. He’s also performed and scored big goals for Celtic in Europe, so to say domestic football is his level is just not true. There is a reason he has been called up to every squad, by different managers.

He really really isn't. A winger that can pass a player or cross a ball is a waste. When he starts producing regularly for Scotland I'll change my tune. He has scored 5 European goals in total. How.many games has he played? And four were in qualifiers so not against the better teams. He's fucking gash

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

He really really isn't. A winger that can pass a player or cross a ball is a waste. When he starts producing regularly for Scotland I'll change my tune. He has scored 5 European goals in total. How.many games has he played? And four were in qualifiers so not against the better teams. He's fucking gash

Well am waiting to see all the wingers that you would have ahead of him? Fraser maybe yeah but then who?

Forrest’s main job is to create...... he has assisted goals against top teams including Bayern Munich and Man City. We don’t have any world class players who regularly tear it up in the Champions League..... Celtic have become cannon fodder in the Europa League never mind the Champions League, so you can’t expect him to be banging them in!

It’s a complete myth that he can’t pass a player or cross the ball. He’s been doing it consistently for 2 seasons now.

22 minutes ago, SWMM82 said:

Well am waiting to see all the wingers that you would have ahead of him? Fraser maybe yeah but then who?

Forrest’s main job is to create...... he has assisted goals against top teams including Bayern Munich and Man City. We don’t have any world class players who regularly tear it up in the Champions League..... Celtic have become cannon fodder in the Europa League never mind the Champions League, so you can’t expect him to be banging them in!

It’s a complete myth that he can’t pass a player or cross the ball. He’s been doing it consistently for 2 seasons now.

Don't waste your time, Kirky is clueless when it comes to Forrest. I think he caught wee Jamesy pumping his wife or something. 

Forrest isn't an archetypal winger, nor is Fraser. Both are inside forwards. Neither of those players can beat players, with either pace or trickery. If you look at every singe assist by Fraser this season, all of them have come from passes, none from crosses after skinning his man

I don't think we have any wingers who can beat a player, which is one our problems. We lack creativity, which Is why we struggle against teams that defend against us.

13 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

You originally said he was learning his trade, so when does he become time served, 21, 23, 25? He will be the oldest apprentice in Scotland. If he is a certain starter for club and possible country then he should be capable of handling a player like Boyd. Maybe he was not at his best today, i like him as a player but your excuse of learning his trade is nonsense. 

21 year old centre halves are learning their trade. To answer your question - about 25.

12 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Liam Cooper was terrific for leeds today . He's got to be in the next squad at least . He's playing really well . We don't have anyone better than him at the minute . On a par maybe 

No, no and just no. And as for Bates. Fuck me. 

22 hours ago, Kirk said:

Which players is that?  Dont include forrest because we all know what he is capeable of. Forrest is just shite, he can do it in the Scottish league, thats his level, theres a reason no club has ever came in for him or made a serious bid. A winger that cant go past someone or cross the ball is fucking useless!!!Correct, i wouldnt even have him in the squad, waste of space, thinks hes a fucking ticket.

You seem to have an awfy chip on your shoulder about Forrest. Did he shag you and not call you back or something?

46 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Do you need a chip on your shoulder to say Forrest has been mostly shite for us?

Not at all. When you're incapable of changing your mind or having a general discussion about the potential merits of him near the team then I'd probably say you've a chip on your shoulder.

Not you in particular, obviously.

3 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Not at all. When you're incapable of changing your mind or having a general discussion about the potential merits of him near the team then I'd probably say you've a chip on your shoulder.

Think most of us would love him to recreate that Celtic form for us, and I don’t think we’re good enough to not give him another chance. 

6 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

You seem to have an awfy chip on your shoulder about Forrest. Did he shag you and not call you back or something?

Naw he's just shite 🙈

5 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

I can have a discussion, he has some good games for Celtic, but he regularly loses the ball, canny go past folk and canny cross. Important things for a winger. 

1 hour ago, mccaughey85 said:

I have never been Forrest's biggest fan but he has played well for Celtic the past couple of seasons and if he can recreate that form in a Scottish jersey then we could be onto a winner. He's a squad member and rightly so.

He has never been good for Scotland though, not even close to his Celtic performances......which I also don't rate that highly as you may have noticed 😂

Sadly I know he's going to be in the squad if not starting regularly so I'll give in and say, Mon the Jamsey show us what you can do......

28 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

That's more like it! I look forward to seeing you back in here after Albania away when he inevitably scores the winner or costs us points:lol:

😂😂 After me going on he will no doubt play a blinder and score a couple. PASTA Mick then won't shut up for about 7 years 

3 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

What's the other options, we have quite a few injuries in that position, tbf bates is doing well in the bundesliga 2.

Agreed. Cooper and Bates wouldn't do any worse than what the others have done . It must just be me but I think Cooper is a good centre half . Very rarely caught out of position and must be doing something right as he's captain of the English championships best team 

22 hours ago, noctonjock said:

Liam Cooper was terrific for leeds today . He's got to be in the next squad at least . He's playing really well . We don't have anyone better than him at the minute . On a par maybe 

Cooper is someone who we should have a serious look at. He's been a regular for Leeds over the past few seasons and may well be a good option, particularly now that we're likely not to have players like Berra or Martin in the squad again. At 27, he may be a more experienced head to play alongside Hendry or McKenna. Whether he's up to international standard, I don't know - but there can't be much harm in trying him out.

On 11/3/2018 at 9:05 PM, Chripper said:

As much as people like to ridicule the SPL (I still call it the SPL), mostly the English, but it's a decent standard. It's akin to the English Championship. So, Forrest scoring as he does in the SPL as a winger is pretty impressive. That being said, his job (for Celtic and Scotland) isn't to score, it's primarily to create. 

I doubt he's created many goals in a Scotland shirt, but then again, who has. He's an OK player, which just goes to show how low in the ladder we are that we are choc-a-block with "OK" players.

a post defending Forrest through defending the standard of the Scottish Premiership is likely to cause PASTA Mick to implode......

6 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Think most of us would love him to recreate that Celtic form for us, and I don’t think we’re good enough to not give him another chance. 

Hes had 24 caps with no goals and no assists playing as a winger.  How many chances do we want to give?

1 hour ago, giblet said:

Hes had 24 caps with no goals and no assists playing as a winger.  How many chances do we want to give?

Raheem Sterling went 27 caps without a goal for an England team with far greater attacking options. 

Teams often double up on wingers, especially when they’ve so got so much pace. Should give other attackers a bit more freedom. 

Edited by SWMM82

On 11/4/2018 at 11:48 PM, PASTA Mick said:

Don't waste your time, Kirky is clueless when it comes to Forrest. I think he caught wee Jamesy pumping his wife or something. 

more nonsense, kirky along with a few more fans see forrest doing incredible things for celtic and then we as scotland fans get to see the forrest that turns up for scotland, its like two completely different players.  

I've no idea why he's like this but its hugely frustrating for us as Scotland fans, every single one of us wants Forrest to succeed with Scotland but how long do we give him before we say enough is enough? 

14 hours ago, SWMM82 said:

Raheem Sterling went 27 caps without a goal for an England team with far greater attacking options. 

Teams often double up on wingers, especially when they’ve so got so much pace. Should give other attackers a bit more freedom. 

I'd actually go with Snodgrass  with Fraser on the opposite wing. Both playing in a tougher league regularly. If we must persist with Forrest, he needs to start playing better in a Scoland shirt.