Scottish Players in Action 18/19 - Page 46 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Players in Action 18/19

PASTA Mick

2 hours ago, Chripper said:

I wouldn't take it personal. Galileo was ridiculed (and held under house arrest till his death) for stating that the Earth revolved around the Sun.

No offence to Paterson, but it just shows how low we've sank when we have to consider a player who was a right-back a year and a half ago, to solve our striking crisis.

To be fair the credit for that should go to big Nick Capernicus. Also, a team in the best league in world football is sinking that low at the moment, so why shouldn't we at least consider it? 

36 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

To be fair the credit for that should go to big Nick Capernicus. Also, a team in the best league in world football is sinking that low at the moment, so why shouldn't we at least consider it? 

True.

Best league? Meh… it's a matter of opinion. I would say that, team by team, La Liga is the best league in the world. But to answer your question, we should definitely consider it. What are the alternatives, Jason Cummings? 😂

It is dire, though...

I suggested Patterson for centre forward back in July.... in the John fleck thread if anyone can be bothered checking.  People think of him as a right back but he is never a full back... not good enough defensively.  Hearts played him at centre forward.

patterson centre forward with Naismith as an inside forward please.

15 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Does he really want to play for Scotland though ?

The amount times Fraser has called off is ridiculous.

Just looks like he's getting rested. 

For our next game, Kevin McDonald should be dropped from the squad and Liam Henderson brought in.

Sadly however, I don't think our manager can be remotely arsed keeping up with his career in Italy so I won't get my hopes up.

Is he playing in a similar position to McDonald though - defensive mid.?

On 10/27/2018 at 12:29 AM, Chripper said:

In all honesty, I don't think we have any midfielders who are able to grab a match by the scruff of its neck/grab it by the balls. There's no doubt he's a good player and he will definitely end up in the EPL. Several weeks ago people (in the same Villa forum) said that he'll probably end up at Liverpool or Man City... I wouldn't exactly go that far. He'll join a mid-table EPL club. 

The common consensus is that he reminds them of James Milner. I can certainly see that comparison, what with his engine. Whether he does as well as Milner, we'll see. His lapses of concentration is a worry as well as his poor decisions making at times. If he could eradicate his mistakes then he could be a top player. I hope a season in the Championship will help him cut out all the sloppiness, but it's not like he's a youngster. He's 25.

I was at the game and I thought McGinn was a bit quiet by his usual standards.  Probably wasn't helped by being played out of position in the first half.  Also wort noting he's playing in a poor Villa side at the moment.   He's not a youngster but he's not 25, he's 24 and his birthday was just last week.

Just finished watching the match on delay. Gutted but Christie was good when came on. (never a penalty though).

So that's Berra, Souttar, Naismith, Mulgrew and Griffiths all starting to look doubtful. Wonder if Bates could get a call up?

Edited by SkyBlueScot
Spelling

3 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Just finished watching the match on delay. Gutted but Christie was good when came on. (never a penalty though).

So that's Berra, Souttar, Naismith, Mulgrew and Griffiths all starting to look doubtful. Wonder if Bates could get a call up?

Bates will definitely be called up imo. He's performing well in the German second tier so should be in the squad.

7 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Naismith went off after just a few minutes - 'could be out for a number of weeks'? - doubtful for Albania, even Israel?

I would go for something like:

Mcgregor

tierney      Mulgrew McKenna  robertson

McGinn. Armstrong

snodgrasss.     Naismith.          Fraser

Patterson

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

That’s two high profile games he’s scored in. If his Uncle had his physique and pace he’d have been world class. Hopefully Lewis has the Ferguson footballing genes. 

The goal against Burnley was world class.

I wasn't kidding, though, it would really benefit his game if his team played football on the ground as opposed to playing American football.

17 hours ago, Chripper said:

Could we just leave religion, etc, out of this thread, please? 

:whistling:

I wouldn't take it personal. Galileo was ridiculed (and held under house arrest till his death) for stating that the Earth revolved around the Sun.

Quite right, too.

Look at all the deception he's party to.

No offence to Paterson...

tenor.gif?itemid=3428440